MATCHWATCH : Northampton Town (a)

343 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Northampton Town (a)

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Oct 2023 08:32

Snowflake Royal
Clyde1998
Snowflake Royal CBC is purely a reaction to Button having a howler and potentially needing a break as punishment/to get his head right. He's our sub and cup goalie, so that's hardly promoting someone from the U21s.

Abrefa has already been around the first team for a season and is just one of a plethora of options at right back pointed out instead of a centreback.

The same suggestions often include Holmes and NGW. Senior players being ignored - as you've said yourself multiple times.

Button having one bad game shouldn't lead to him being bombed out the team, as you and others have said. I can't really think of anything significant he's done wrong before last night. Would've thought Pereira would feature in the league prior to CBC though - otherwise why did we sign him?

I'd want to see Abrefa ahead of Bindon at RB. Bindon really has looked lost playing there. Abrefa should be fit enough to play in the first team now, given he's played the past five U21 matches (at least those in PL2).

NGW does need to come back into the first team squad imo; it's clear Carson isn't ready to be a regular player yet, whilst Mola hasn't really shown any quality so far. Tbh, I'd probably prefer McIntyre starting at LB at Leyton Orient than Carson or Mola. I'd still have Carson as our LB in the League Trophy and coming on as a substitute.

Holmes I'm less concerned about coming back into the team, as we have plenty of viable options at CB. He should be considered as an option though,

:| It’s not about bombing him out of the team. If his head's gone, or his attitude is wrong, which is a possibility, he will need a break.

We've drummed other players out for one bad game.

I don't understand why so many people seem to struggle with why we've signed Pereira. It's not to play. It's cheap back up in case of injury. You need 3 senior keepers.

CBC is on the bench and in the cup for experience and to develop. Pereira is bere in case Button gets injured so we have a keeper for the bench or someone to take over from CBC if he flounders.

Weren't you saying Bouzanis was a waste of a signing 12 months ago? Possibly for exactly the same reasons as to why we signed Pereira as well?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Oct 2023 08:42

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
Clyde1998 Button having one bad game shouldn't lead to him being bombed out the team, as you and others have said. I can't really think of anything significant he's done wrong before last night. Would've thought Pereira would feature in the league prior to CBC though - otherwise why did we sign him?

I'd want to see Abrefa ahead of Bindon at RB. Bindon really has looked lost playing there. Abrefa should be fit enough to play in the first team now, given he's played the past five U21 matches (at least those in PL2).

NGW does need to come back into the first team squad imo; it's clear Carson isn't ready to be a regular player yet, whilst Mola hasn't really shown any quality so far. Tbh, I'd probably prefer McIntyre starting at LB at Leyton Orient than Carson or Mola. I'd still have Carson as our LB in the League Trophy and coming on as a substitute.

Holmes I'm less concerned about coming back into the team, as we have plenty of viable options at CB. He should be considered as an option though,

:| It’s not about bombing him out of the team. If his head's gone, or his attitude is wrong, which is a possibility, he will need a break.

We've drummed other players out for one bad game.

I don't understand why so many people seem to struggle with why we've signed Pereira. It's not to play. It's cheap back up in case of injury. You need 3 senior keepers.

CBC is on the bench and in the cup for experience and to develop. Pereira is bere in case Button gets injured so we have a keeper for the bench or someone to take over from CBC if he flounders.

Weren't you saying Bouzanis was a waste of a signing 12 months ago? Possibly for exactly the same reasons as to why we signed Pereira as well?

:| Yes. Because we had better options in Southwood and Andersson. And he was a L2 goalkeeper signed on multiple years to be the cup and bench keeper in the Championship. And CBC was still to raw.

Southwood left. Andersson, rightly or wrongly, went on loan. We needed another keeper as emergency back up cover. And he's has top level coaching so can help out on GK warm ups.

biff

by biff » 06 Oct 2023 11:55

https://youtu.be/ybxy26mFzSs?si=zOZ2j8SlLw9Gj27c&t=135

Are they not monkey noises? Didnt realise Karbota was behind the camera.

343 posts