TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3809 posts
stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by stealthpapes » 01 Nov 2023 14:58

Norfolk Royal The huge-if-true revelation that Ashley lives in Burnham makes perfect sense now with regard to buying the club.

He's got his Saturdays all mapped out. Hops on the Elizabeth line to Reading, bus to the club, few beers with mates, after the match off to the Purple Turtle where he strips off as usual and gets mashed with the lads, buys a pork pie for the walk back to the station, kip on the train and home. It's pretty much the perfect lifestyle.

If his PR people have any sense they'll soon be revealing that as a 12-year old he used to wade through p*ss in the infamous South Bank 'gutter' and remembers the Robin Friday goal as if it were yesterday.

evocative.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Nov 2023 15:07

NathStPaul
genome I would also like to announce that I have decided to pull out of your mum.

Don't be ridiculous. I would never pull out.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Nov 2023 15:07

genome
NathStPaul
genome I would also like to announce that I have decided to pull out of your mum.

Daddy?????

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 01 Nov 2023 15:08

genome
NathStPaul

Just bumming in perpetuity?

Makes me think of that question to whoever it was...if you were in your mum and your dad was in you.......

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Nov 2023 15:33

NathStPaul
genome
NathStPaul

Daddy?????

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 01 Nov 2023 17:04

Franchise FC
From Despair To Where? But was he left side or right side?

Nah, he was at the Tilehurst End with me & Lux

Piss smelling right side of the SB was where it was at - he'd have been there!

And it was dry when it rained FTW

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Nov 2023 17:20

We're the left side
We're the left side
We're the left side of the Bank!

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 01 Nov 2023 17:29

From Despair To Where? We're the left side
We're the left side

“On the right side, on the right side, on the right side of the bank”

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Nov 2023 17:30

5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1.........

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Nov 2023 17:57

So, according to the latest media talk, Mr Storey is no longer in the running, a bid was made by Genevra but Mr Dai rejected it and now Mr Ashley has entered the "race" but is yet to make an actual offer.

Seems that the current owner is wanting to get back £60m-£70m which is probably going to be a bit over what interested parties will pay.

Therefore it looks like an impasse has been reached as unless Mr Dai accepts a bit less the club could well be stuck in limbo haemorrhaging non payment of tax offences (and therefore at risk of regular points deductions). Best option would seem to be a straight 12 point deduction and administration but the problem there, it would seem, is that only the owner (or other board directors) can apply for administration.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 01 Nov 2023 18:06

Sutekh So, according to the latest media talk, Mr Storey is no longer in the running, a bid was made by Genevra but Mr Dai rejected it and now Mr Ashley has entered the "race" but is yet to make an actual offer.

Seems that the current owner is wanting to get back £60m-£70m which is probably going to be a bit over what interested parties will pay.

Therefore it looks like an impasse has been reached as unless Mr Dai accepts a bit less the club could well be stuck in limbo haemorrhaging non payment of tax offences (and therefore at risk of regular points deductions). Best option would seem to be a straight 12 point deduction and administration but the problem there, it would seem, is that only the owner (or other board directors) can apply for administration.

I am starting to think Dai’s pride has been hurt by the protests and he wants to destroy the club at all costs.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Nov 2023 18:48

blythspartan
Sutekh So, according to the latest media talk, Mr Storey is no longer in the running, a bid was made by Genevra but Mr Dai rejected it and now Mr Ashley has entered the "race" but is yet to make an actual offer.

I am starting to think Dai’s pride has been hurt by the protests and he wants to destroy the club at all costs.

Well he’s going about it the right way

Lydia Dustbin

by Lydia Dustbin » 01 Nov 2023 18:54

From Despair To Where? We're the left side
We're the left side

I done that

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Nov 2023 00:18

Hound
blythspartan

Well he’s going about it the right way

And has been from about 6 years before any protests.

under the tin

by under the tin » 02 Nov 2023 08:24

From Despair To Where? 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1.........

overtime working Senses

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Nov 2023 08:44

From Despair To Where? 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1.........

Uh-huh, we're the Manfreds

On Strings

by On Strings » 02 Nov 2023 11:26

Feeling totally demoralised by all this today.

Am I right in thinking that even if Mashly becomes our savior, these embargo's will remain in place, and we can't sign anyone other than basement leftovers until summer 2025? Because if so, I can see this downward spiral continuing all the way out of the Football League.

These punishments just cripple a club, they don't teach the right person a lesson; they destroy a club instead.

* apologies as this has almost certainly been discussed, but I haven't been aboot.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Nov 2023 11:33

On Strings Feeling totally demoralised by all this today.

Am I right in thinking that even if Mashly becomes our savior, these embargo's will remain in place, and we can't sign anyone other than basement leftovers until summer 2025? Because if so, I can see this downward spiral continuing all the way out of the Football League.

These punishments just cripple a club, they don't teach the right person a lesson; they destroy a club instead.

* apologies as this has almost certainly been discussed, but I haven't been aboot.

Pay HMRC and the strict embargo is lifted, but we won't be paying a fee until 2025. Not the end of the world in L2 where there is plenty of value on frees and loans. But whatever division we're in, survival is the goal next season. Have a year without drama and a few good results, and then try to be more optimistic from 25/26.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Nov 2023 11:35

WestYorksRoyal

Pay HMRC and the strict embargo is lifted, but we won't be paying a fee until 2025. Not the end of the world in L2 where there is plenty of value on frees and loans. But whatever division we're in, survival is the goal next season. Have a year without drama and a few good results, and then try to be more optimistic from 25/26.

A lot would depend on having the right manager, an appointment that Reading have got spectacularly wrong for 7 years now.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Nov 2023 12:02

Sutekh
WestYorksRoyal

A lot would depend on having the right manager, an appointment that Reading have got spectacularly wrong for 7 years now.

If Dai stays we're on for the hat trick of relegations. He'll appoint another dud. And if we get a new owner, their 1st decisions around which footballing staff to trust are the most important.

3809 posts