Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2662 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Feb 2024 16:51

Dirk Gently
tmesis Is there a cut-off point for points deductions?

The season ends on the 27th of April. Could there be a situation where we stay up by a point, then get deducted points because we missed a payment at the end of April, or May even?

I think (but not 100% certain) it's the same as the old transfer deadline day (and still the EFL deadline for loan moves) - fourth Thursday in March.

That would apply for new charges, but I'm not sure about triggering a suspended penalty. I think if we survived by 1 point and then failed to pay HMRC in May, that would relegate us.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Mid Sussex Royal » 27 Feb 2024 16:54

Dirk Gently

The season ends on the 27th of April. Could there be a situation where we stay up by a point, then get deducted points because we missed a payment at the end of April, or May even?

I think (but not 100% certain) it's the same as the old transfer deadline day (and still the EFL deadline for loan moves) - fourth Thursday in March.

THE EFL paper says end of 2023/24 season, which is 30th June...so I guess we have to be on time until then.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Feb 2024 17:01

I would never wish death on anyone except Putin, but fuck me this guy is pushing the limits.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Feb 2024 17:05

I'm not going to quote it, but are there any mods on here who can do anything about that disgusting racist post? And can people please remember the appalling English owners the likes of Bolton, Bury, Southend, Scunthorpe and Derby have had?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 27 Feb 2024 17:20

Gunny Fishcake So with the Sword of two suspended points Damocles hanging over our heads , that disgusting corrupt slit eyed c*nt sits in his palace probably laughing his socks off at our suffering, hope he gets swine flu with a dose of covid as well for good measure

Maxwell's boat. Has anyone got it?

He can borrow it for free.

As long as where he's taking it is crocodile infested.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 27 Feb 2024 17:22

Mid Sussex Royal
Dirk Gently

THE EFL paper says end of 2023/24 season, which is 30th June...so I guess we have to be on time until then.

That would be after the fixtures are published, so that would be a right mess.

Any club that goes down would be having to make decisions about who to release/retain/buy, which would be mucked up by a very late reprieve.

You do also have to wonder how we will be able to pay wages at all in May, June and~July with no income coming in. I guess they could use money from 24/25 season tickets, but anyone buying one with Dai in charge would be taking a huge gamble.

Unless a sale looks imminent at that stage, I think that would be when the plug gets pulled by Dai, unless we limp on until August and get kicked out.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 27 Feb 2024 17:23

WestYorksRoyal I'm not going to quote it, but are there any mods on here who can do anything about that disgusting racist post? And can people please remember the appalling English owners the likes of Bolton, Bury, Southend, Scunthorpe and Derby have had?

There have been multiple racists on here for years, including one who had a swastika as an avatar, openly spouting their bile. Nothing has been done about them, and that was when there were mods around, so nothing will be done about that post either.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Feb 2024 17:54

OLLIE KEARNS My immediate reaction to the EFL statement was that they have set RFC up to go bust the day after the season ends so as not to mess up their precious competition ! All newly threatened fines to the owner rack up as of April 2 assuming he doesn’t pay anything by Mar 18. At that point they bar him and give him 28 days (April 30) to sell the club. If he doesn’t sell then Reading are expelled from the EFL.
Hopefully someone can tell me I’m reading it wrong ??

Basically what I've been predicting for 4 months.

But what else are they going to do?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Feb 2024 18:19

Stranded

A frankly depressing read.

EFL wanted 4 points off now - commission decided on 2 now, 2 suspended in the hopes it will force Dai/the club to pay on time.

Noted that we have been late with tax again but that will not form part of the decision or be a trigger for the 2 points.

The suspension will kick in if the club are late, for any reason, on any payment to a creditor. No ifs, no buts. If payment is due Monday and we pay Tuesday, points gone.

Commission states we have an unfair sporting advantage as we are living beyond our means - this is entirely accurate but true of 90% of clubs - they just have owners who pay the bills.

Dai continues to refuse to give evidence that he can't get enough money to the club and little to no evidence he is doing much of anything to sell.

EFL want him suspended but the commission refused as the EFL were unable to give any clarification as to what would happen if he refused to sell - commission refused to put the club in that position.

So in short - if Dai doesn't sell, EFL will keep looking to get points deducted for any breach and push for Dai to be suspended until we are a twitching corpse of a club.

Disappointing.

I think the only slice of hope we have is if the IC put a timer on a sale. And they refuse to do so, which means we limp on in agony, rather than get a bolt through our head or some miraculous surgery.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 27 Feb 2024 18:37

Gunny Fishcake So with the Sword of two suspended points Damocles hanging over our heads , that disgusting corrupt slit eyed c*nt sits in his palace probably laughing his socks off at our suffering, hope he gets swine flu with a dose of covid as well for good measure

Slit eyed

:| :| :| :| :| :|

Imagine being racist in 2024

Thick oxf*rd

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Feb 2024 18:41

Orion1871
WestYorksRoyal I'm not going to quote it, but are there any mods on here who can do anything about that disgusting racist post? And can people please remember the appalling English owners the likes of Bolton, Bury, Southend, Scunthorpe and Derby have had?

There have been multiple racists on here for years, including one who had a swastika as an avatar, openly spouting their bile. Nothing has been done about them, and that was when there were mods around, so nothing will be done about that post either.

There was the Scandinavia White Supremacist who I got grief from others for calling anders breivik

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 27 Feb 2024 18:52

Loafer

Slit eyed

Thick oxf*rd

:| Whoops I quoted it. I can't edit either. Apologies I didn't pay enough attention when I did quote.

No room for that in football

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Feb 2024 18:59

Reading4eva
Loafer
Gunny Fishcake So with the Sword of two suspended points Damocles hanging over our heads , that disgusting corrupt *****(***** sits in his palace probably laughing his socks off at our suffering, hope he gets swine flu with a dose of covid as well for good measure

Slit eyed

Thick oxf*rd

:| Whoops I quoted it. I can't edit either. Apologies I didn't pay enough attention when I did quote.

Of course you can edit it, are you 12?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 27 Feb 2024 19:00

Reading4eva
Loafer

Slit eyed

Thick oxf*rd

Not just football, racism in all forms is disgusting and for low lifes

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Feb 2024 19:01

leon
Orion1871

There was the Scandinavia White Supremacist who I got grief from others for calling anders breivik

He was an absolute loon. Calling him Anders Breivik was quite restrained.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 27 Feb 2024 19:17

From Despair To Where?
leon
Orion1871

He was an absolute loon. Calling him Anders Breivik was quite restrained.

Schards?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Feb 2024 19:21

Schards is perfectly normal in comparison.

Can't for the life of me remember his username.

Fezza

by Fezza » 27 Feb 2024 19:50

https://www.stophateuk.org/about-hate-c ... line-hate/

Option 3

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Feb 2024 20:21

From Despair To Where? Schards is perfectly normal in comparison.

Can't for the life of me remember his username.

Ideal?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Feb 2024 20:55

That's the one.

2662 posts