TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3809 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 May 2024 12:14

Franchise FC
From Despair To Where? No, because there's enough evidence out there to suggest things are moving forward.

Agreed
If Dai pulls out now I can’t see how the club survives at all as the security will be enacted

I imagine them seizing Dai's shares and Bearwood as collateral is a messy process, but surely the endgame is not the death of the club, but new owners in a cut price deal?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 19 May 2024 12:50

Howe originally said he hoped the deal would be completed by the end of May. There’s no doubt that things are progressing, but the football insider suggested that it would be another 2 months until the EFL approve the deal. If that’s the case we won’t be in a position to sign players etc. until the middle/end of July, which isn’t ideal. I’d hope that with Howe’s understanding of the process the EFL will approve the takeover sooner rather than later.

It’ll be just our luck that the EFL will reject the takeover. We’d want them to do that if the new owners are dodgy but we’d be well and truly oxf*rd.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 19 May 2024 12:57

blythspartan Howe originally said he hoped the deal would be completed by the end of May. There’s no doubt that things are progressing, but the football insider suggested that it would be another 2 months until the EFL approve the deal. If that’s the case we won’t be in a position to sign players etc. until the middle/end of July, which isn’t ideal. I’d hope that with Howe’s understanding of the process the EFL will approve the takeover sooner rather than later.

It’ll be just our luck that the EFL will reject the takeover. We’d want them to do that if the new owners are dodgy but we’d be well and truly oxf*rd.

I'd imagine it takes two months in a normal situation for the EFL to approve of a takeover deal. I'd expect they'd been doing things related to the approval prior to now to speed up the process.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 May 2024 13:15

Franchise FC
From Despair To Where? No, because there's enough evidence out there to suggest things are moving forward.

Agreed
If Dai pulls out now I can’t see how the club survives at all as the security will be enacted

Agree

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 May 2024 13:17

Clyde1998
blythspartan Howe originally said he hoped the deal would be completed by the end of May. There’s no doubt that things are progressing, but the football insider suggested that it would be another 2 months until the EFL approve the deal. If that’s the case we won’t be in a position to sign players etc. until the middle/end of July, which isn’t ideal. I’d hope that with Howe’s understanding of the process the EFL will approve the takeover sooner rather than later.

I'd imagine it takes two months in a normal situation for the EFL to approve of a takeover deal. I'd expect they'd been doing things related to the approval prior to now to speed up the process.

For all we know the FL approval process has already been in progress for weeks.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 May 2024 13:30

I remember reading one bit of the Football Insider article where they seemed to misunderstand what's been said, which would have completely thrown out their timeline.

I think it was regarding some element of due diligence, which I understood Howe had been doing prior to announcing exclusivity,

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 19 May 2024 13:41

The Football’Insider’ Article reads like someone has just taken what is already in the public domain and slightly rewritten it. There’s nothing new, comments about the approval taking ‘2 months’ are just what had been speculated already.
It’s yet another pseudo journalist pieces with no original thought or information.’

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 May 2024 09:43

Crusader Royal The Football’Insider’ Article reads like someone has just taken what is already in the public domain and slightly rewritten it. There’s nothing new, comments about the approval taking ‘2 months’ are just what had been speculated already.
It’s yet another pseudo journalist pieces with no original thought or information.’

Considering Football Insider has just published an article declaring that City's star players will leave if they're relegated as punishment for the 115 charges, they're not the most insightful of sources. It's like they source their stories from a school playground.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 May 2024 10:04

:?

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 20 May 2024 10:22

Hendo

To make your Photoshop complete, don't forget next time to add in the 'Resigned on' date for added believability...

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 May 2024 10:28

Kingsley Junior
Hendo

To make your Photoshop complete, don't forget next time to add in the 'Resigned on' date for added believability...

Wasn't mine, and should've checked sources first.

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 20 May 2024 10:35

Hendo
Kingsley Junior
Hendo

Forgiven. You've earned your Local Journalism Badge.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 20 May 2024 10:39

Kingsley Junior
Hendo
Kingsley Junior

oof

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 20 May 2024 11:26

i was under impression that the EFL process has already been actioned and fast tracked. So end of May is still very realistic.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 20 May 2024 12:02

I suppose the fact that one of the Chiron blokes was previously involved with Charlton should speed up the process for good or bad .

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 May 2024 12:20

Kingsley Junior
Hendo
Kingsley Junior

:lol:

Hendo credibility -500. :lol:

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 May 2024 12:46

If it drags, must surely impact recruitment for next season. With the ownership sorted, we're definitely an attractive option at this level, but any agent or player who agrees to sign while Dai is still owner is a moron.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 20 May 2024 12:49

South Coast Royal I suppose the fact that one of the Chiron blokes was previously involved with Charlton should speed up the process for good or bad .

So inevitably takeover will only be confirmed after the transfer window closes ...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 May 2024 14:58

South Coast Royal I suppose the fact that one of the Chiron blokes was previously involved with Charlton should speed up the process for good or bad .

Malcolm Rifkind isn't it?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 20 May 2024 15:03

Sutekh

Malcolm Rifkind isn't it?

No IIRC, he was an MP but it is a Rifkind.

3809 posts