TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3809 posts
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by blythspartan » 20 May 2024 15:40

WestYorksRoyal If it drags, must surely impact recruitment for next season. With the ownership sorted, we're definitely an attractive option at this level, but any agent or player who agrees to sign while Dai is still owner is a moron.

Yeah, if this drags on recruitment will be affected. Plus, after the false promises of last season I can see our best players wanting to bail. I don’t think there’ll be any announcement until mid July now, but at least the new season doesn’t start until 10/11 August.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 20 May 2024 16:46

blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal If it drags, must surely impact recruitment for next season. With the ownership sorted, we're definitely an attractive option at this level, but any agent or player who agrees to sign while Dai is still owner is a moron.

Yeah, if this drags on recruitment will be affected. Plus, after the false promises of last season I can see our best players wanting to bail. I don’t think there’ll be any announcement until mid July now, but at least the new season doesn’t start until 10/11 August.

On what basis do you make the jump that an announcement is 2 months away ?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 May 2024 17:00

blythspartan

So minimal ST money then? that makes sense.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 20 May 2024 17:17

Crusader Royal
blythspartan

Takeovers generally take a long time.

I can see Dai hindering the process.

All matters Reading rarely go smoothly.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 20 May 2024 17:23

Crusader Royal
blythspartan

It's blyth so some twitter random with two followers probably said it and blyth took it as fact.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 20 May 2024 17:27

Orion1871
Crusader Royal
blythspartan

It's blyth so some twitter random with two followers probably said it and blyth took it as fact.

I have never believed anything on Twitter :lol:

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 20 May 2024 17:33

I hope it’s all concluded by 5pm on Friday, but I am preparing myself for disappointment.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 May 2024 17:39

blythspartan
Crusader Royal
blythspartan

Our takeover has been ongoing since about September. Negotiations with Chiron since about February.

It's almost June, fixtures are out in July. Season starts in August. We're on a ticking clock and there's little time left. It simply can't take a lot longer if it's going to happen.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 20 May 2024 17:46

blythspartan
Orion1871
Crusader Royal

I have never believed anything on Twitter :lol:

Most of your posts begin with the words, "someone on twitter is saying".

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 May 2024 19:37

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan
Crusader Royal

Our takeover has been ongoing since about September. Negotiations with Chiron since about February.

It's almost June, fixtures are out in July. Season starts in August. We're on a ticking clock and there's little time left. It simply can't take a lot longer if it's going to happen.

Fixtures for the new season are released at 9am on Wednesday 26 June.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 May 2024 08:31

Now that there is no football at all from a Reading perspective, the focus is purely on the effing takeover getting done.

As someone has already said, we are now in the time that means every day without it could impact the recruitement - for example we were rumoured to be interested in Rafferty but he looks to be heading to Rotherham - doesn't mean we were ever going to get him of course but if this eeks into June players who we may already be speaking to based on the takeover happening, will likely start signing elsewhere and we will find ourselves playing catch up and/or swimming in an even shallower end of the free agent pool. Not to mention, Selles may decide to walk if it drags on too much longer.

First key thing is it getting done, second key thing is it getting done soon.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 May 2024 08:58

Stranded Now that there is no football at all from a Reading perspective, the focus is purely on the effing takeover getting done.

As someone has already said, we are now in the time that means every day without it could impact the recruitement - for example we were rumoured to be interested in Rafferty but he looks to be heading to Rotherham - doesn't mean we were ever going to get him of course but if this eeks into June players who we may already be speaking to based on the takeover happening, will likely start signing elsewhere and we will find ourselves playing catch up and/or swimming in an even shallower end of the free agent pool. Not to mention, Selles may decide to walk if it drags on too much longer.

Yep, I agree with this.

My heart is saying it will be announced this Friday, but my head says we’re relying on Dai to sell and it still won’t be done this time next month. I think it was 8 weeks ago today exclusivity was announced.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 May 2024 09:01

blythspartan
Stranded Now that there is no football at all from a Reading perspective, the focus is purely on the effing takeover getting done.

Yep, I agree with this.

My heart is saying it will be announced this Friday, but my head says we’re relying on Dai to sell and it still won’t be done this time next month. I think it was 8 weeks ago today exclusivity was announced.

For all we know, we are just waiting on a rubber stamp from the EFL now - who whilst wanting to get this done quickly, will still want to ensure due process is followed to try and avoid us jumping from the frying pan.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 May 2024 09:05

It seems unlikely to collapse at this point.

It's not that long ago everyone was saying they just wanted to still have a club they could watch in August.

Obviously it would be nice to get something sorted by June so we can actually have a chance of moving forward.

If we get to about 10 June with nothing, I think concerns and eyebrows have to rise, but as long as we're in May its only mild inconvenience.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 May 2024 09:20

Online Companies House filings normally take about 24 hours and I think by post it’s around a week. I’ll be keeping an eye on the “People” for Reading football club. I think someone was trying to wind up fans with some false information yesterday.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 May 2024 09:33

Realistically, we've got enough in the squad + academy to compete. Takeover happening quickly is potentially the difference between top 6 and mid table, which isn't critical in the bigger picture.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 21 May 2024 09:40

I’m comfortable that we have the core of a good squad, but I’m also aware it would only take injuries to two or three key players (Wing, Smith, Knibbs) to leave us struggling. Given the business we did last season, despite the turmoil, hopefully we can pick up a handful of players that could strengthen the squad and offer some competition. It would just be really nice to have a season where we’re not on relegation watch.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 May 2024 10:05

Is Jamie Hodder reliable. He’s reporting that we have lost one of the investors and that exclusivity has been extended.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 May 2024 10:08

blythspartan Is Jamie Hodder reliable. He’s reporting that we have lost one of the investors and that exclusivity has been extended.

He *can* be but also Pete O'Rourke who reported on FI last week can also be very accurate.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 May 2024 10:38

Stranded
blythspartan Is Jamie Hodder reliable. He’s reporting that we have lost one of the investors and that exclusivity has been extended.

He *can* be but also Pete O'Rourke who reported on FI last week can also be very accurate.

I'd say pretty reliable. Given everything that's happened so far people will naturally assume the worst.

3809 posts