SquadWatch 2025

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

SquadWatch 2025

by Sutekh » 23 May 2024 11:29

Reading's playing staff as of 24 May 2024.

Contracted until 30 June 2024

Name (age) - position - contract status

Adrian AKANDE (20) - Winger - new deal offered
Kelvin ABREFA (20) - Right Back - no clue what is happening with Kelvin, would presume that the future (England/Ghana/Italy) international has been offered a new deal but not seen anything official anywhere
Joseph BAROUGH (19) - Midfielder - new deal offered
Boyd BEACROFT (19) - Defender - new deal offered
Harrrison RHONE (20) - Goalkeeper - new deal offered
Matt ROWLEY (21) - Goalkeeper - new deal offered
Tivonge RUSHESHA (21) - no clue about Rushesha, think he may have had a 1 year option but not heard anything
Jack SENGA-NGOYI - Midfielder - new deal offered
Michael STICKLAND (21) - new deal offered
Basil TUMA (19) - new deal offered

Contracted until 30 June 2025

Name (age at end of current deal) > Sqd No.

Jokull ANDRESSON (22) > 25
Femi AZEEZ (24) > 11
Tyler BINDON (20) > 24
Dean BOUZANIS (34) > 21
Coniah BOYCE-CLARKE (22) > 31
David BUTTON (36) > 1
Mamadi CAMARA (21) > 28
John CLARKE (?)
Michael CRAIG (?) > 36
Harlee DEAN (33) > 6
Jerial DORSETT (23) > 20
Kelvin EHIBHATIOMHAN (22) > 15
Jacob HAMMOND-CHAMBERS-BORGNIS (20) > 46
Louie HOLZMAN - Central Defender
Abraham KANU (19) - Defender
Amadou MBENGUE (23) > 27
Jeremiah OKINE-PETERS (?)
Shay SPENCER (19) - Midfielder
Jayden WAREHAM - 19
Charlie WELLENS (?)
Andy YIADOM (33) > 17

Contracted until 30 June 2026

Ben ELLIOTT (23) > 4
Harvey KNIBBS (27) > 7
Sam SMITH (28) > 10
Lewis WING (31) > 29

Contracted until 30 June 2027

Charlie SAVAGE (24) > 8

Remaining youngsters that seem to have disappeared from all the end of season lists:

Blesk EKPENYONG (19) - Midfielder
Taylan HARRIS (19) - Midfielder
Denim NNAMUDI (19) - Midfielder
Tom NORCOTT - Goalkeeper
Aaron WHITE (19) - Defender

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: SquadWatch 2025

by Stranded » 23 May 2024 11:37

The club announced as part of the 1st team retained list that Abrefa has been offered a new deal and he is reviewing the situation.

Taylan Harris was sold to Luton in January, hence why he is not on the lists.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 23 May 2024 12:19

Thanks for pulling together all this info

For some of the ?s above, in the Retained List thread -

1 year options activated by the club for:

Michael Craig

The following players have had one-year options implemented on their contracts, meaning they will be signed on with the Royals for a further season:

John Clarke
Jeremiah Okine-Peters
Charlie Wellens

Plus Royals and Racers asks on the Academy thread:

I know he had a bad injury last season but i hope Kiyan Coke Miles Smith is still with the club.

And as discussed somewhere else earlier in the week, Stickers is only 20

Michael STICKLAND (21) - new deal offered

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 May 2024 13:07

Has thr academy retained and released list been published then, or is this a rehash of previous information?

Edit: Seen it has from the Academy thread.

Not surprised to see Jahmari go. Wish him well. Bit surprised by Collins, but as someone else said. We have a lot of keepers. Hope he finds a club.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 07 Jun 2024 09:17

With the takeover dragging, how would people rate the squad as it is (with no incoming signings)? I actually think we could do okay. Looking at the positions where we're a bit short:

- Strickland and Holzman can offer CB depth.

- Clarke and Ryan can compete for LB, alongside a fully fit Abrefa.

- Senga can be a cup DM option as can Rushesa. These 2 are both generally versatile.

- Akanda and Okine-Peters look good as LW / RW options.

- Still have Wareham and big Kelvin to support Smith

Of them, the concerns are LW where they wouldn't just be backup but may need to start. Are they ready? Also concern is ST where I don't back anyone to step up if Smith gets a signed injury.

But overall, this squad would still be a top half side if the season started next week in my view. Of course, if Selles leaves and key players start being sold, that is a different matter altogether.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Jun 2024 14:42

Of those, I think Stickland and Holzmann are probably fine but not on the level of Abbey/Bindon/Dorsett/Mbengue. League One is probably where they'll spend most of their careers and they're at a stage where they should be looking to step up. Fine with them being fourth and fifth choice.

Ryan can probably hold his own at left back. Don't think Clarke will, although he's very robust.

Senga and Wellens should be able to step in if needed. Think we're pretty well-stocked in midfield though, between Wing, Savage, Craig, and Elliott.

Not at all convinced by Akande, Tuma, and especially Okine-Peters.

Kelvin E chipped in with his fair share of goals last season but not sure he's up to it if Smith gets a serious injury. Wareham is a canny but limited player - bit of a throwback to the 4-4-2 era when that sort of player could thrive alongside a Roberts-type striker.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Jun 2024 14:53

Sutekh Jacob HAMMOND-CHAMBERS-BORGNIS (20) > 46
I don't recall seeing this lad play, but I imagine he has to wear a long sleeved shirt to allow them to print his name across the back and down the sleeves.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Jun 2024 16:39

Forbury Lion
Sutekh Jacob HAMMOND-CHAMBERS-BORGNIS (20) > 46
I don't recall seeing this lad play, but I imagine he has to wear a long sleeved shirt to allow them to print his name across the back and down the sleeves.

Generally just goes by "Borgnis".

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 07 Jun 2024 16:57

SCIAG Of those, I think Stickland and Holzmann are probably fine but not on the level of Abbey/Bindon/Dorsett/Mbengue. League One is probably where they'll spend most of their careers and they're at a stage where they should be looking to step up. Fine with them being fourth and fifth choice.

Ryan can probably hold his own at left back. Don't think Clarke will, although he's very robust.

Senga and Wellens should be able to step in if needed. Think we're pretty well-stocked in midfield though, between Wing, Savage, Craig, and Elliott.

Not at all convinced by Akande, Tuma, and especially Okine-Peters.

Kelvin E chipped in with his fair share of goals last season but not sure he's up to it if Smith gets a serious injury. Wareham is a canny but limited player - bit of a throwback to the 4-4-2 era when that sort of player could thrive alongside a Roberts-type striker.

The centre-backs seem like they could do a job, but we should be fine for centre-backs for starting positions (with Bindon; Mbengue; Dorsett; Dean). I can see at least one play in cup matches though.

I agree Ryan seems like he could do a job in League One. He's looked one of our best players and was clearly on a different level against Marlow in the Berks & Bucks.

Can see someone like Wellens or Borgnis being involved on the bench (based on our current squad), simply as players like Elliott and Savage may have to be used out wide due to our lack of wingers.

Both Tuma and Okine-Peters are still teenagers - Tuma's just turned 19; Okine-Peters is 18 at the oldest (IIRC). Both are probably at least a season (probably two) away from being regulars in the first team.

Akande will probably be involved regardless of the takeover situation, assuming he's still here, as I think he's the closest of our young wingers (he's older than both Tuma and Okine-Peters of course). I'd be concerned if he's having to be a regular, but a number of substitute appearances in the opening few months of the season would give us a good idea of his ability.

The striking situations is concerning and we've seen how much we depend on Smith's all round play. Wareham is probably the closest to Smith's style of play, but is probably of League Two level at the moment. Ehib doesn't look like a lone striker to me.

Any of these young players could start to improve rapidly if given first team football, but obviously some players hit either ceiling much earlier than others.

If you say we've got two loan players we could bring in, a winger and a striker are the two areas we'd need reinforcements.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jun 2024 19:40

The entire left side is a problem and we're a Smith injury from pretty dire straits.

Unlike SCIAG I have a lot of doubts Ryan could step into the first team comfortably yet, and Abrefa is promising and ok, but relying on him for long would be problematic. Dorsett is ok, but he's not really a LB. We suddenly look light at CB cover with any injury if Dorsett is LB. Numbers, yes but quality? And RB, Yiadom is good, but how many games can we expect, refer above to Abrefa

Then left wing is basically Kelvin somewhat out of position. Maybe Tuma or Camara which is asking a lot.

Could be lower mid table if people stay fit and some step up, could be comfortably relegated if not.

With some good additions, the squad looks strong. Without them. Weak.

On Strings

by On Strings » 09 Jun 2024 00:31

Interesting thread, aye Dai - c*nt!.

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1