TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3874 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Stranded » 29 May 2024 11:42

Mid Sussex Royal Wages due on Friday....It's been reported that Chiron have only paid the tax so far this month.

Well they wouldn't have paid anything else as yet if they aren't due. Friday will be a clear test, if Chiron/Redwood pay then they are clearly still looking to complete. If Dai/SCL pay then, we are likely back to square one.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 May 2024 11:47

Stranded
Mid Sussex Royal Wages due on Friday....It's been reported that Chiron have only paid the tax so far this month.

Well they wouldn't have paid anything else as yet if they aren't due. Friday will be a clear test, if Chiron/Redwood pay then they are clearly still looking to complete. If Dai/SCL pay then, we are likely back to square one.

Surely SCL are going to stop at some point? One thing to help keep the club afloat when you expect a buyer to come in, another when it's just to allow Dai to keep spinning his roulette wheel.

I don't want to stare awful consequences like administration and liquidation in the face, but perhaps Dai needs to in order to force him.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 May 2024 11:48

Courtney Friday tweets:

An interested party currently walking around SCL with....... Rob Couhig

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 May 2024 11:53

Stranded Courtney Friday tweets:

Can Bearwood be sold while Chiron have a charge on it?

traff

by traff » 29 May 2024 12:01

Guess it could be a potential investor to replace the alleged dropout.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 May 2024 12:02

After Bearwood, I would have to acknowledge the LOLs if the Couhigs came in with Chiron. Especially if it came with comments about how much better an opportunity it represented.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 May 2024 14:57

STAR asked me to post this

As Reading fans we are all desperate to see a sale completed.

We are in a tough position. Discretion is essential at this stage of negotiations, but we also know Reading fans are anxious for updates. This is being made worse by false reporting and inaccurate rumour-mongering.

We have spoken to Nigel and he has assured us that he is still working on a deal and as soon as there is something to share it will be shared. Put bluntly, there is not yet good news, but - contrary to online speculation - no bad news either. Talks are ongoing.

We know how desperate we all are for this situation to be over and for everyone to have some clarity going forward.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 29 May 2024 15:25

WestYorksRoyal

Can Bearwood be sold while Chiron have a charge on it?

Mortgage companies put a charge on your home, it just means you have to get the charge lifted to sell, usually by repaying them the amount of the charge i.e. repay your mortgage

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 29 May 2024 15:26

Pepe the Horseman STAR asked me to post this

We are in a tough position. Discretion is essential at this stage of negotiations, but we also know Reading fans are anxious for updates. This is being made worse by false reporting and inaccurate rumour-mongering.

We have spoken to Nigel and he has assured us that he is still working on a deal and as soon as there is something to share it will be shared. Put bluntly, there is not yet good news, but - contrary to online speculation - no bad news either. Talks are ongoing.

We know how desperate we all are for this situation to be over and for everyone to have some clarity going forward.

When did they ask you to post this, hopefully not 6 weeks ago?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 May 2024 15:27

Forbury Lion

:arrow: https://x.com/STARReading/status/1795815747920212164

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 May 2024 15:48

Hendo
Forbury Lion

:arrow: https://x.com/STARReading/status/1795815747920212164

@STARReading tweeted We are in a tough position. Discretion is essential at this stage of negotiations, but we also know Reading fans are anxious for updates. This is being made worse by false reporting and inaccurate rumour-mongering.

Can we all now accept the above and just wait? If it doesn't come from an official source it's likely rubbish. Some unknown on twitter is, surprisingly, not an official source.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 30 May 2024 09:46

Pepe the Horseman
blythspartan
Snowflake Royal I'll go one better on the stink test stranded. Just days after exclusivity is extended, some rando twatter nomark says its all off.

Why was exclusivity extended then?

Was exclusivity officially extended?

Before I left for my holiday there were two contrasting stories floating around. One was that Dai would make a decision within the next 24 hours and one was that exclusivity would be extended. It’s payday on Friday so that might tell us more.

Go anywhere nice?

I am in Taranaki, New Plymouth until the end of July.

It’s great to see that the usual progress has been made with the takeover. If we stand to make some money on Olise’s transfer I can see Dai wanting any money we receive to be added to the asking price. Let’s hope the wages are paid tomorrow.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 May 2024 10:02

blythspartan
Pepe the Horseman
blythspartan
Was exclusivity officially extended?

Before I left for my holiday there were two contrasting stories floating around. One was that Dai would make a decision within the next 24 hours and one was that exclusivity would be extended. It’s payday on Friday so that might tell us more.

Go anywhere nice?

I am in Taranaki, New Plymouth until the end of July.

It’s great to see that the usual progress has been made with the takeover. If we stand to make some money on Olise’s transfer I can see Dai wanting any money we receive to be added to the asking price. Let’s hope the wages are paid tomorrow.

If I had to guess why the deal is not complete, short or rumours around investors pulling out etc., a potential Olise windfall this summer has to be near the top of the list. There is potentially £5m+ coming into the club if reports are to be believed which will surely affect its value.

Of course all sell on clauses will have been known about prior to exclusivity, but there's a difference between their value in abstract and their value when there is a rumoured bidding war between some of Europe's biggest clubs coming up this summer.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 May 2024 10:26

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, with it being close season, the whole club ceasing to exist suddenly feels less painful than it did when we were actually playing.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 30 May 2024 10:57

Snowflake Royal I don't know about anyone else, but for me, with it being close season, the whole club ceasing to exist suddenly feels less painful than it did when we were actually playing.

I sort of get what you mean. It's all a bit, well, distant right now. Almost abstract.

However, as the season approaches, as the fixtures are released, as you see other teams building squads for the new season and you know Reading no longer exist, then I think the pain would be approaching unbearable.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 30 May 2024 11:22

Armadillo Roadkill
Snowflake Royal I don't know about anyone else, but for me, with it being close season, the whole club ceasing to exist suddenly feels less painful than it did when we were actually playing.

I sort of get what you mean. It's all a bit, well, distant right now. Almost abstract.

However, as the season approaches, as the fixtures are released, as you see other teams building squads for the new season and you know Reading no longer exist, then I think the pain would be approaching unbearable.

I do agree with this, and I can see what IR means.

My love of football has waned over the years. As much as I enjoyed last season the threat of further points deductions incoming and watching other clubs building squads while we wait for takeover news won’t be great. If we cease to exist it would almost be a relief, but obviously isn’t something I’d want to happen.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 30 May 2024 11:32

The Olise things is rumours.

I would assume if a player has a buy out clause which is fully met it nullifies the existing contract and would leave the buying club free to negotiate from scratch.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 May 2024 12:55

blythspartan
Armadillo Roadkill

I do agree with this, and I can see what IR means.

My love of football has waned over the years. As much as I enjoyed last season the threat of further points deductions incoming and watching other clubs building squads while we wait for takeover news won’t be great. If we cease to exist it would almost be a relief, but obviously isn’t something I’d want to happen.

Yeah somewhat. The prospect of yet more pain makes oblivion seem more attractive though. And it would probably mean ditching HNA, so not many downsides! :D

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 30 May 2024 14:20

If there is bad news coming, I would expect it to be announced early next week - after the deadline for season ticket renewals. I certainly wouldn't let anything Howe says dissuade me from that view

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 30 May 2024 14:28

Schards#2 If there is bad news coming, I would expect it to be announced early next week - after the deadline for season ticket renewals. I certainly wouldn't let anything Howe says dissuade me from that view

The deadline for renewals is on the 14th June [link]. That's unless something's changed without being updated on the website (possible).

3874 posts