CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5504 posts
East Grinstead Royal

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by East Grinstead Royal » 02 Jun 2024 10:57

Nice to hear that the club has been sending out email reminders regarding the renewal of season tickets. As someone who first bought a ST in 1975 and has had one for each of the last 23 years, I am mildly surprised not to have had a single communication from the club since I last renewed a year ago. Given the shitshow around everything else at the club, my surprise is, as I said, only mild.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 02 Jun 2024 12:31

You clearly don't have email configured correctly as they send comms out pre/post game.

dontbedaft

by dontbedaft » 02 Jun 2024 16:06

Spam folder?

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 02 Jun 2024 19:42

Nah, looked there. I’ve had pre-match emails for years, but assumed the person responsible had been laid off. Oh well, can’t say I’m too bothered.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Jun 2024 09:12

Skin Unless the new buyer intends to use a credit card to buy us wtf has this got to do with this thread? :lol:
If the new buyer has a credit card with a big enough limit to buy us then they're not short of a few bob.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Jun 2024 11:09

Clyde1998
Greatwesternline
PieEater
I'm sure lots of people are holding off in case it all goes tits up, I'm not that confident the Royals will be lining up in August if Dai is still in charge and they would say that anyway wouldn't they? I mean the marketing dept wouldn't send out a reminder to get your ST caveated by administration/oblivion if we don't sell!

Surely people would be buying on a credit card and would therefore simply claim the money back from the credit card company if the club folded?

That implies people have credit cards. Around 64% of adults have at least one credit card in the UK - leaving 36% without one. The age breakdown is such that younger people are significantly less likely to have one than a middle-aged adult as well.

That really surprised me, 1/3 of U.K. adults don’t have a credit card :o

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Jun 2024 11:10

Forbury Lion
Greatwesternline
Clyde1998 That implies people have credit cards. Around 64% of adults have at least one credit card in the UK - leaving 36% without one. The age breakdown is such that younger people are significantly less likely to have one than a middle-aged adult as well.

Buying anything worth more than £100 on debit card is stupid. If it never turns up, or the company goes bust, a credit card company just gives you the money back no questions asked.

Martin Lewis' very existence clearly still passing millions by.
People are stupid.
I know an accountant who bought a top of the range TV on her debit card from a website nobody has ever heard of, it didn't turn up and the website disappeared :roll:

Also, when paying with paypal, never use friends and familly to pay even if the seller insists because that means you are not covered.[/quote]

What does this mean?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jun 2024 11:33

SouthDownsRoyal
Forbury Lion
Greatwesternline
Buying anything worth more than £100 on debit card is stupid. If it never turns up, or the company goes bust, a credit card company just gives you the money back no questions asked.

Martin Lewis' very existence clearly still passing millions by.
People are stupid.
I know an accountant who bought a top of the range TV on her debit card from a website nobody has ever heard of, it didn't turn up and the website disappeared :roll:

Also, when paying with paypal, never use friends and familly to pay even if the seller insists because that means you are not covered.[/quote]

What does this mean?

You can use Paypal to pay either a business or send money to someone you know. If you do the latter, it is not considered a service, just a quick way of giving someone you know cash. So if something goes wrong Paypal don't cover it - but for a business transaction they do.

If ever I am buying something with PayPal, I tend to use their interest free pay in 30 days option and pay off the amount as soon as my order arrives and all is OK.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 03 Jun 2024 11:39

Stranded
SouthDownsRoyal
Forbury Lion
People are stupid.

What does this mean?

You can use Paypal to pay either a business or send money to someone you know. If you do the latter, it is not considered a service, just a quick way of giving someone you know cash. So if something goes wrong Paypal don't cover it - but for a business transaction they do.

If ever I am buying something with PayPal, I tend to use their interest free pay in 30 days option and pay off the amount as soon as my order arrives and all is OK.

Didn’t know this!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Jun 2024 14:39

SouthDownsRoyal
Stranded
SouthDownsRoyal People are stupid.

What does this mean?

Didn’t know this!
Plenty scammed where the seller asks you to send friends and family and then no goods arrive, Some give you the option, Pay friends and family or Pay Goods and Service but for a slightly higher cost to cover the fees, which is reasonable as long as it's all in black and white up front.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Jun 2024 15:32

Forbury Lion
SouthDownsRoyal
Stranded

Didn’t know this!
Plenty scammed where the seller asks you to send friends and family and then no goods arrive, Some give you the option, Pay friends and family or Pay Goods and Service but for a slightly higher cost to cover the fees, which is reasonable as long as it's all in black and white up front.

Presumably not covered by the law that says that prices cannot be different fir different methods of payment

fred sharpes nose

by fred sharpes nose » 03 Jun 2024 18:23

BURTON ALBION.......
Ole Jakob Strandhagen has been appointed as Chairman, NFG’s Founder and CEO Tom Davidson as Deputy Chairman, Bendik Hareide as Sporting Director, while Kevin C. Skabo will take up the role of Commercial Director.

NFG told Burton Albion website: “We are privileged and grateful for this torch to be passed on to us, and we take this responsibility of being the custodians of your football club extremely seriously. Over time, we aim to earn your respect and friendship through our execution of this responsibility. This opportunity means a great deal to us, and we understand that the future progress and performance of Burton Albion Football Club now rests squarely on our shoulders, as they have on Ben's until today.

"We can assure you that we are committed to doing everything in our power to help move this football club forward as effectively as we possibly can, and to be proud ambassadors for the town and people of Burton upon Trent."

Seem to have a good understanding of what "ownership" really means

Lets hope our new guys can express the same sort of sentiment

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Jun 2024 06:40

fred sharpes nose BURTON ALBION.......
Ole Jakob Strandhagen has been appointed as Chairman, NFG’s Founder and CEO Tom Davidson as Deputy Chairman, Bendik Hareide as Sporting Director, while Kevin C. Skabo will take up the role of Commercial Director.

NFG told Burton Albion website: “We are privileged and grateful for this torch to be passed on to us, and we take this responsibility of being the custodians of your football club extremely seriously. Over time, we aim to earn your respect and friendship through our execution of this responsibility. This opportunity means a great deal to us, and we understand that the future progress and performance of Burton Albion Football Club now rests squarely on our shoulders, as they have on Ben's until today.

"We can assure you that we are committed to doing everything in our power to help move this football club forward as effectively as we possibly can, and to be proud ambassadors for the town and people of Burton upon Trent."

Seem to have a good understanding of what "ownership" really means

Lets hope our new guys can express the same sort of sentiment

Burton have already heard more from their owners in 5 minutes than Reading have heard from theirs in 7 years.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 05 Jun 2024 16:34

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2024/j ... le-Update/

sounds like the process has collapsed with CHIRON...

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 05 Jun 2024 16:44

ffs its over. club will fold in the next couple of months

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Jun 2024 16:54

Don't see how this ends well unless it moves unexpected quickly (which I do not expect).

A lot of value at the club at the moment is that we have the foundations of a team and manager who can take us places with sensible recruitment. Well watch that fall apart if this drags. Dai will be trying to sell the same club except with a carcass of a team and secured debt due to Chiron. Good luck.

It was so obvious Chiron had all the leverage for the reasons above, but it's all a game to Dai. He has proven he still has the power. Well done. Now everything may be fcuked.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 05 Jun 2024 16:57

That's it then.

Reading FC R.I.P.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 05 Jun 2024 16:57

Not reassuring. I imagine we're not going to have a takeover for months at the earliest now.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 05 Jun 2024 17:01

Home’s suspension now probably comes into play for any future deal

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jun 2024 17:03

Great,already having a shit day,and now this steaming pile of excrement.

5504 posts