Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2723 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Jun 2024 21:02

I think it could be a few months until cashflow issues come to a head again. This time of year brings season ticket cash, solidarity payments from the PL and the opportunity to sell players if necessary. Plus there could be a big Olise windfall coming in. Would have been nice for that money to help us build for a new era but instead it allows Dai and his toxic regime to linger.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Clyde1998 » 05 Jun 2024 22:40

WestYorksRoyal I think it could be a few months until cashflow issues come to a head again. This time of year brings season ticket cash, solidarity payments from the PL and the opportunity to sell players if necessary. Plus there could be a big Olise windfall coming in. Would have been nice for that money to help us build for a new era but instead it allows Dai and his toxic regime to linger.

I think an Olise payment could be the only saving grace - it would hopefully give us enough funds to get through a number of months without needing any additional investment from elsewhere. That would give enough time for another purchaser to be found, should Chiron be completely dead as an option.

Of course, we would all rather it would be used to build something - not continue to allow the current situation to drag on.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 24 Jun 2024 08:24

An article in the chronicle and the last paragraph says this

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... -takeover/

The club are unable to partake in the transfer window until governing bodies receive assurances of the ownership situation being solved.

What does this mean, ‘unable to partake in the transfer window’? Is it just poorly worded and it just means we can’t pay for players like last season? Or does it mean we can’t even bring in freebies?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Jun 2024 09:23

Brogue An article in the chronicle and the last paragraph says this

The club are unable to partake in the transfer window until governing bodies receive assurances of the ownership situation being solved.

What does this mean, ‘unable to partake in the transfer window’? Is it just poorly worded and it just means we can’t pay for players like last season? Or does it mean we can’t even bring in freebies?

I would say that simply means the FL won't register any signings until they have absolute assurances that we will be a going concern.

They will not want to allow a player to join the shitshow whilst there is concerns about us actually being able to pay them. It is the key reason why this prolonged delay will only impact us negatively in the short term even if a deal is finally complete.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2024 09:53

Stranded

I would say that simply means the FL won't register any signings until they have absolute assurances that we will be a going concern.

They will not want to allow a player to join the shitshow whilst there is concerns about us actually being able to pay them. It is the key reason why this prolonged delay will only impact us negatively in the short term even if a deal is finally complete.

I imagine the players association would also be advising against signing for us until sorted given Dais record on paying, and don't they try to pick up wage support for players whose club folds?

On the other hand the Chronic is shit, so we can't really rely on anything they say.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Jun 2024 21:01

Snowflake Royal
Stranded

I imagine the players association would also be advising against signing for us until sorted given Dais record on paying, and don't they try to pick up wage support for players whose club folds?

On the other hand the Chronic is shit, so we can't really rely on anything they say.

Makes some sense. Wonder if there's any chance of anyone communicating just what the **** is actually going on at the moment. If he's being an arse to deal with then just pull the plug now so we/STAR/whoever can get on with forming Reading Phoenix FC at some level or other.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2024 21:23

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal
Stranded

Makes some sense. Wonder if there's any chance of anyone communicating just what the **** is actually going on at the moment. If he's being an arse to deal with then just pull the plug now so we/STAR/whoever can get on with forming Reading Phoenix FC at some level or other.

There's zero chance

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 25 Jun 2024 11:46

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal
Stranded

Nothings going on

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 25 Jun 2024 14:04

SouthDownsRoyal
Sutekh
Snowflake Royal I imagine the players association would also be advising against signing for us until sorted given Dais record on paying, and don't they try to pick up wage support for players whose club folds?

Nothings going on

Ain't nothing going on but the rent...

Very apt and how Dai's negotiations are going: https://genius.com/Gwen-guthrie-aint-no ... ent-lyrics

Bill collector's at my door
That's why I'm askin' you what can you do for me
So I'm lookin' for a man whose got money in his hands
But you're only wastin' time if your pockets are empty

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Addict

by Royals and Racers » 02 Jul 2024 10:05

Document issued by companies in the UK today on Reading FC- satisfaction of charge - whatever that means !

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Jul 2024 10:29

Royals and Racers Document issued by companies in the UK today on Reading FC- satisfaction of charge - whatever that means !

Looking at the charges list, looks like it is one that Barclays had over the club for many years. So may just be that a final payment has been made on a loan of some description or someone has paid it all down.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 02 Jul 2024 12:51

Stranded
Royals and Racers Document issued by companies in the UK today on Reading FC- satisfaction of charge - whatever that means !

Looking at the charges list, looks like it is one that Barclays had over the club for many years. So may just be that a final payment has been made on a loan of some description or someone has paid it all down.

Might be wrong, but I think that particular type of charge gave the bank the ability to take cash from the associated account, if they believed your borrowings were too high / saw a risk in their ability to recover debt.

So having that satisfied feels like a positive thing from a debt perspective.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 02 Jul 2024 13:37

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 02 Jul 2024 18:48

Elm Park Kid https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1808112845231440344

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 03 Jul 2024 07:19

Face the music

We are oxf*rd

May aswell start supporting other teams now

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jul 2024 08:37

I mean, we probably are completely fcuked, but does seem a tad strange that someone is paying off a mortgage/loan if the plan were just to liquidate in the near future.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Addict

by Royals and Racers » 03 Jul 2024 10:20

Another notification today- could be a different one ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jul 2024 10:36

Royals and Racers

Yes, a different one

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... QgfPhol6CM

Legal Charge held by the Secretary of Defence - loan/mortgage on Bearwood perhaps?

Something is definitely happening - seems that outstanding charges are being cleared which could suggest things are being sorted for a clean slate takeover. Still no idea though if this is a good sign.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Jul 2024 10:58

Stranded
Royals and Racers

Yes, a different one

Legal Charge held by the Secretary of Defence - loan/mortgage on Bearwood perhaps?

Something is definitely happening - seems that outstanding charges are being cleared which could suggest things are being sorted for a clean slate takeover. Still no idea though if this is a good sign.

As noted above, it’s difficult to see how this could be a bad sign
Could just be neutral, I guess

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jul 2024 11:12

Franchise FC
Stranded
Royals and Racers Another notification today- could be a different one ?

Yes, a different one

As noted above, it’s difficult to see how this could be a bad sign
Could just be neutral, I guess

It does mean that the only open charge against The Reading Football Club Limited is to Rehne Sports Management Co Ltd - so Dai.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... PVpYRZIy-0

Redwood hold 6 charges against Bearwood.

2723 posts