TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3874 posts
Linden Jones' Tash

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Linden Jones' Tash » 06 Jun 2024 11:39

the accounts to the end of June 2023 are due by the 30 June 2024

what happens on that date will be interesting - not so much for their content, but whether they are delayed or not.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 06 Jun 2024 14:15

Linden Jones' Tash the accounts to the end of June 2023 are due by the 30 June 2024

what happens on that date will be interesting - not so much for their content, but whether they are delayed or not.

What will that tell us?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 06 Jun 2024 14:19

that they've been delayed.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 06 Jun 2024 14:41

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 06 Jun 2024 15:20

or not.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Jun 2024 15:33

Green
Linden Jones' Tash the accounts to the end of June 2023 are due by the 30 June 2024

What will that tell us?
The content could be interesting, but I imagine Liverpool University's Kieran Maguire will read them and offer a some useful comment on them before any of us can even work out how to download a copy, so we may as well just see what he has to say.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jun 2024 17:41

Forbury Lion
Green

What will that tell us?
The content could be interesting, but I imagine Liverpool University's Kieran Maguire will read them and offer a some useful comment on them before any of us can even work out how to download a copy, so we may as well just see what he has to say.

Given the club is in the process of being flogged they most likely won't be there to read at the end of June.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Jun 2024 19:16

Sutekh
Forbury Lion
Green What will that tell us?

Given the club is in the process of being flogged they most likely won't be there to read at the end of June.

I'm unsure why that should be the case, other than due to yet further p*ss poor business management.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jun 2024 23:14

RoyalBlue
Sutekh
Forbury Lion The content could be interesting, but I imagine Liverpool University's Kieran Maguire will read them and offer a some useful comment on them before any of us can even work out how to download a copy, so we may as well just see what he has to say.

I'm unsure why that should be the case, other than due to yet further p*ss poor business management.

Stranded commented a few pages ago:

Stranded
I believe I read somewhere, but could be wrong, that there is a loophole when it comes to submitting accounts that is being used - I believe because there is a potential sale underway - accounts would only need to be submitted once the sale is complete.

Again may be completly wrong, but seem to recall Kieran Maguire stating something along those lines in a tweet.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 07 Jun 2024 08:22

Sutekh
RoyalBlue
Sutekh

Stranded
I believe I read somewhere, but could be wrong, that there is a loophole when it comes to submitting accounts that is being used - I believe because there is a potential sale underway - accounts would only need to be submitted once the sale is complete.

Again may be completly wrong, but seem to recall Kieran Maguire stating something along those lines in a tweet.

And presumably HMRC would require something more tangible than Nigel Howe's word that something is progressing - so it would be a sign given the skepticism around whether a sale is actually being envisaged....

In my experience (outside football), none of these processes (doing due diligence, getting lawyers to talk turkey etc.) are cost free, so you have to pay to play.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Jun 2024 11:41

Sutekh
RoyalBlue
Sutekh

Stranded

You can extend you financial year beyond 12 months.

Typically this is often done to align with a new parent companies end of year, to match the tax year or to match the calendar year, However this is in regards to the legal accounts, not the footballing accounts required for FFP etc which define when a season starts and ends, so it's more hassle than it's worth to run two sets of account to two different year ends.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Jun 2024 12:15

James Earnshaw on Twitter
I am told that a US-Saudi consortium, who have held a long-term interest in acquiring the club, have lodged a formal bid in excess of £30m. I understand that this is the largest bid received to date. #readingfc remain in talks with multiple parties. https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... turn-fold/

https://x.com/james_e1871/status/179939 ... Rj9SQ&s=19

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Jun 2024 12:18

What a roller coaster. I'm beyond following all the twists and turns and trying to 2nd guess what comes next. I'll enjoy the Euros and then hopefully things come together for the new season.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Jun 2024 12:33

WestYorksRoyal What a roller coaster. I'm beyond following all the twists and turns and trying to 2nd guess what comes next. I'll enjoy the Euros and then hopefully things come together for the new season.

That's how desperate things have become - relying on England performing well in the Euros to cheer us up from the misery surrounding our club! :lol:

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Jun 2024 12:57

RoyalBlue
WestYorksRoyal What a roller coaster. I'm beyond following all the twists and turns and trying to 2nd guess what comes next. I'll enjoy the Euros and then hopefully things come together for the new season.

That's how desperate things have become - relying on England performing well in the Euros to cheer us up from the misery surrounding our club! :lol:

Tbf they've got better. It's like a pair of balancing scales with Reading FC and England. Reading used to be good and England brought guaranteed disappointment, now it's closer to the other way around. One difference being that Reading actually won the Championship. Twice.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 08 Jun 2024 13:19

Hmm. Being owned by Saudis and US-based venture capitalists. What a prospect. It makes me literally, not metaphorically, sick. The club might survive, even prosper, but at what cost?

Football has an ownership problem, and a takeover like this will not solve it.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 08 Jun 2024 13:36

Not the richest of Saudis then when there needs to be others involved to come up with "only" £30 million.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jun 2024 15:17

South Coast Royal Not the richest of Saudis then when there needs to be others involved to come up with "only" £30 million.

Which middle eastern country's government are behind them? And will they be able to attract Salah to finish his career here?

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 08 Jun 2024 17:54

This is the same group that were interested in the spring as reported by Eddie ITK. Mark Bircham is behind it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jun 2024 17:58

The Saudi's can oxf*rd off. Straight back to being the playing thing of immoral arsehats where money is a joke.

3874 posts