TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3874 posts
Crowbar6753

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Crowbar6753 » 08 Jun 2024 19:19

I have no idea what's going on anymore, is Dai stalling or are Chiron stalling!! we really don't know, however, with another offer being put on the table and according to the report is a more substantial offer maybe this might just be the kick up the backside that Chiron need to get this deal completed.
Regarding any new owners, i'm sure they're all crooks in some way or another!! Maybe its time to use the German template and start having fan owned clubs or at least a fan led consortium who own 50% in the club to stop these crooks from ruining our clubs.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Jun 2024 20:54

Crowbar6753 I have no idea what's going on anymore, is Dai stalling or are Chiron stalling!! we really don't know, however, with another offer being put on the table and according to the report is a more substantial offer maybe this might just be the kick up the backside that Chiron need to get this deal completed.
Regarding any new owners, i'm sure they're all crooks in some way or another!! Maybe its time to use the German template and start having fan owned clubs or at least a fan led consortium who own 50% in the club to stop these crooks from ruining our clubs.

Which 1,000 rich Nobbers do you think could stump up £30,000 each for the purchase, followed by £10,000 each per annum to run the club ?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Jun 2024 21:02

Hope we get sponsored by Allahu Akbar or summat

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jun 2024 21:18

Franchise FC
Crowbar6753 I have no idea what's going on anymore, is Dai stalling or are Chiron stalling!! we really don't know, however, with another offer being put on the table and according to the report is a more substantial offer maybe this might just be the kick up the backside that Chiron need to get this deal completed.

Which 1,000 rich Nobbers do you think could stump up £30,000 each for the purchase, followed by £10,000 each per annum to run the club ?

That pre-supposes 50% fan ownership would need to buy half the club at Dai's ludicrous value.

If a rule/law is introduced requiring it, that isn’t necessarily how it works.

And if you combine it with clubs living withing their means there's no need to put massive amounts in each year.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 09 Jun 2024 07:48

Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC

That pre-supposes 50% fan ownership would need to buy half the club at Dai's ludicrous value.

And if you combine it with clubs living withing their means there's no need to put massive amounts in each year.

You mean follow the Rotherham model and get relegated every season?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jun 2024 08:07

Royalwaster
Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC Which 1,000 rich Nobbers do you think could stump up £30,000 each for the purchase, followed by £10,000 each per annum to run the club ?

I'm clearly talking about a national requirement that would drastically change all of football. If everyone has to follow the same approach, we can't all get relegated, can we.

And Rotherham have had about as many promotions in the same time, so had a damn sight more enjoyable and successful last 10 years than we have.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 09 Jun 2024 09:08

WestYorksRoyal What a roller coaster. I'm beyond following all the twists and turns and trying to 2nd guess what comes next. I'll enjoy the Euros and then hopefully things come together for the new season.

As I won’t be back in the UK until the end of July I feel completely detached from what’s going on atm. I am not sure we’re going to find the perfect owner. Right now I’d take anyone who’s going to pay the bills on time each month.

With regards to England and the euros I don’t think we’ll find much solace there. I can’t see us getting out of the group stages. I think we have some good technical players that look great for their club sides, but when they all come together for England it never quite works out.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 09 Jun 2024 09:20

Armadillo Roadkill Hmm. Being owned by Saudis and US-based venture capitalists. What a prospect. It makes me literally, not metaphorically, sick. The club might survive, even prosper, but at what cost?

Football has an ownership problem, and a takeover like this will not solve it.

I don’t disagree but you can’t fight the system.

We just need dai gone and move on

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 09 Jun 2024 09:21

Snowflake Royal
Royalwaster
Snowflake Royal That pre-supposes 50% fan ownership would need to buy half the club at Dai's ludicrous value.

I'm clearly talking about a national requirement that would drastically change all of football. If everyone has to follow the same approach, we can't all get relegated, can we.

And Rotherham have had about as many promotions in the same time, so had a damn sight more enjoyable and successful last 10 years than we have.

yeah, every other season, innit?

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 09 Jun 2024 09:22

morganb James Earnshaw on Twitter
I am told that a US-Saudi consortium, who have held a long-term interest in acquiring the club, have lodged a formal bid in excess of £30m. I understand that this is the largest bid received to date. #readingfc remain in talks with multiple parties. https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... turn-fold/

https://x.com/james_e1871/status/179939 ... Rj9SQ&s=19

This leak feels like a PR stunt, given the breakdown of exclusive talks.

A local journalist says 'I am told' and hopium returns a week before the deadline for ST renewals...

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 09 Jun 2024 10:40

With the season ticket renewal deadline this Friday , it's a dilemma what to do ? Renew club goes bust we'd lose money ? I guess after 35 consecutive years as a Season ticket holder I'll be taking the risk and renewing. Wonder how many people are waiting ? Will the club extend deadline ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jun 2024 11:26

It’s not really a deadline though, it’s just a deadline for renewal in same seats isn’t it? And early bird price

I’m not jumping in yet - I very much doubt anyone will take my current seats in the meantime

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Jun 2024 12:21

blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal What a roller coaster. I'm beyond following all the twists and turns and trying to 2nd guess what comes next. I'll enjoy the Euros and then hopefully things come together for the new season.

As I won’t be back in the UK until the end of July I feel completely detached from what’s going on atm. I am not sure we’re going to find the perfect owner. Right now I’d take anyone who’s going to pay the bills on time each month.

With regards to England and the euros I don’t think we’ll find much solace there. I can’t see us getting out of the group stages. I think we have some good technical players that look great for their club sides, but when they all come together for England it never quite works out.

Tbf, I didn't say I'll enjoy watching England win the Euros. A major tournament is just enjoyable full stop. Plenty of games on, a chance to go to the pub, that summer feeling. England doing well is just a bonus.

Enjoy it and hopefully by the end RFC have given us a couple of reasons to look forward to the new season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jun 2024 12:29

Hound It’s not really a deadline though, it’s just a deadline for renewal in same seats isn’t it? And early bird price

I’m not jumping in yet - I very much doubt anyone will take my current seats in the meantime

Yeah, I appreciate its hard times financially, but I'm amazed anyone is putting money in now just to save 30 odd quid.

dontbedaft

by dontbedaft » 09 Jun 2024 13:49

I don't think that the "leak" is intended to stimulate season ticket sales - I think it is more likely Dan trying to spark a bidding war "highest offer so far" ...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Jun 2024 16:19

Snowflake Royal
Hound It’s not really a deadline though, it’s just a deadline for renewal in same seats isn’t it? And early bird price

Yeah, I appreciate its hard times financially, but I'm amazed anyone is putting money in now just to save 30 odd quid.

If you protect yourself by paying with a credit card, why wouldn't you save yourself that amount per season ticket. We'll either have a club, in which case we'll be going to games, or I'll be asking my credit card company for my money back.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 09 Jun 2024 16:36

Royalwaster
Snowflake Royal
Franchise FC Which 1,000 rich Nobbers do you think could stump up £30,000 each for the purchase, followed by £10,000 each per annum to run the club ?

And the fun of getting promoted. Better than languishing in the same zone for many years going nowhere.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 09 Jun 2024 16:54

China Dili Group are currently appealing the potential delisting of their shares from the HK share exchange, Things appears to be going from bad to worse for Dai. No news as yet regarding the potential fraud / misuse of subsidiary company funds.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jun 2024 20:52

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal

If you protect yourself by paying with a credit card, why wouldn't you save yourself that amount per season ticket. We'll either have a club, in which case we'll be going to games, or I'll be asking my credit card company for my money back.

Still hassle though, even if you prob would get your money back

It’s not just the club folding etc either, it’s if we’re left with Dai but still stumbling along I’m not renewing either

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Jun 2024 21:56

Who'll pay the tax and wage bills in June?

3874 posts