You..DIMBO!!!

COME ON THEN!!!!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Wrexham (a)

by windermereROYAL » 24 Aug 2024 20:30

Harrison Delbridge
windermereROYAL
Harrison Delbridge Who the oxf*rd you calling a dimbo?!

You..DIMBO!!!

COME ON THEN!!!!

:D :D :D

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Aug 2024 21:38

Royal_jimmy Karbota is just a troll.

Anyway let's look at the positives, at least Oxford lost.

Nah, if you've got him on ignore, he's a complete irrelevance.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 24 Aug 2024 21:56

Esteban
Royal_jimmy Really frustrating afternoon. The referee was very poor, our finishing was poor and our defending was poor. We really need the takeover to be sealed and get a few in as the core of a good side is there.

Wrexham really weren't all that. I don't think they'll get playoffs, I thought they showed energy, physicality and confidence but didn't really have lots of quality.

Not sure about that. They are well drilled in a playing style they've been working on for a few years now, have some quality in the first team (with Mullin still to return fully) and a deep squad. There's plenty of dross in this league, if they stay free of injuries to key players, they could definitely make the playoffs.

Agreed. Very organized as I'd expect a Parky side to be.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 24 Aug 2024 22:14

PremAddict
Esteban
Royal_jimmy Really frustrating afternoon. The referee was very poor, our finishing was poor and our defending was poor. We really need the takeover to be sealed and get a few in as the core of a good side is there.

Wrexham really weren't all that. I don't think they'll get playoffs, I thought they showed energy, physicality and confidence but didn't really have lots of quality.

Not sure about that. They are well drilled in a playing style they've been working on for a few years now, have some quality in the first team (with Mullin still to return fully) and a deep squad. There's plenty of dross in this league, if they stay free of injuries to key players, they could definitely make the playoffs.

I hope we never have to watch that kind of turgid crap football that Parkinsons sides play. He has one tactic....lump it into the box to the big fat tall bloke. They may be well organised but they ain't all that. Second half of the season they will be found out.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Aug 2024 22:30

LUX Can all these left wing AE infiltrators please go back to whence they came and stop ruining the match thread

Classic EU Bureaucratic clamping down on FREE SPEECH

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Aug 2024 23:10

Ascotexgunner
PremAddict
Esteban

I hope we never have to watch that kind of turgid crap football that Parkinsons sides play. He has one tactic....lump it into the box to the big fat tall bloke. They may be well organised but they ain't all that. Second half of the season they will be found out.

Christ, do you even have eyes?

Pilot_Phonic

by Pilot_Phonic » 25 Aug 2024 00:38

Ascotexgunner
PremAddict
Esteban

Wrexham have won 88 league games in the 3 and a bit seasons since Phil Parkinson has been manager, and I don’t think I’ve seen one fan from another team admit that we played well against them.

Goal no.1 was a counter attack and a cross in to the box. Easy as you like. Goal no.2 was a clinical counter attack from our own box in a tight space. and Goal no.3 was your lad falling over and shot from 25 yards, but if you think we just lump it, more fool you. Got out schooled by a Parky masterclass.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 25 Aug 2024 03:34

yeah, three goals right on the counter attack. Second, Dorsett out of position because he makes the wrong decision on a loose ball and then its all over until it hits the back of the net.

I didn't think we were bad yesterday. A bit lightweight, too willing to whinge at the ref, some good position and angles worked in attack. But when it mattered, Wrexham made it matter.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Aug 2024 07:59

Wrexham much the better team. Much as I'd have expected though given their two seasons of non stop success in the leagues and a good solid team that understands each other and plays with confidence. Didn't really expect anything out of it, though the kids have done well so far from what is the proverbial "season start from hell". Next up, what is going to be another very difficult afternoon against Charlton, still at least the team have their first clear week of the season to devote to training.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 25 Aug 2024 08:54

Crowbar6753
karbota
St Pauli
HE SAID:

OR HEAD HUNT THEIR MANAGER COS OURS HAS NOT GOT A FECKING CLUE.

Sorry guys, i make a rule of not being drawn into petty ramblings on here however, that last comment regarding Selles is just plain stupid!! "Karbota" we all get your love of big Phil and thats totally up to you, its a free world. If you love Phil that much and hate Selles so much then maybe you need to be supporting Wrexham and not Reading!!
Selles has built a team of young hungry players who play on most occasions good attacking football. Here's the thing though, they are young and some being forced into the situation due to everything that's happened over the last 5-10 season's, they will make mistakes and get a good hiding on occasions, it is what it is!!! but do you really think your beloved messiah could have done better in these circumstances? i think not......Selles is a good manager and at the moment the Spanish seem to have a knack of producing quality young managers. We will be lucky if we can keep hold of him as i'm sure once everything gets sorted at the club and we move up the table there will be teams paying close attention.

I don't hate Selles, but he just doesn't cut the mustard, at the time he was just the cheap option. He has done okayish after a terrible start but is still learning the trade we need someone with experience to get out of this division, Parky has a proven record but has been overlooked so many times, he is the Man and yesterday proved it in style.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 25 Aug 2024 08:58

Pilot_Phonic
Ascotexgunner
PremAddict

Wrexham have won 88 league games in the 3 and a bit seasons since Phil Parkinson has been manager, and I don’t think I’ve seen one fan from another team admit that we played well against them.

Goal no.1 was a counter attack and a cross in to the box. Easy as you like. Goal no.2 was a clinical counter attack from our own box in a tight space. and Goal no.3 was your lad falling over and shot from 25 yards, but if you think we just lump it, more fool you. Got out schooled by a Parky masterclass.

Good post PP so many nobbers on here must be watching a different game!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Aug 2024 09:08

Pilot_Phonic
Ascotexgunner
PremAddict

They're one of the most oiled sides I can remember. On paper their team is pretty solid/average but as a team they certainly are impressive and full of confidence. I think someone will turn them over soon and they'll fall away a bit.

I'm still annoyed by that game yesterday, especially with the ref and the such poor defending for the first goal. I hope we learn from that. I must say though I really enjoy this style of play, think it suits us and a great base to build a squad around.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Aug 2024 10:15

Not going to stir up the 2 parky/Wrexham fans by mentioning Phil but we need to remember....

We had just 2 outfield players out there yesterday with much more than a season's experience against a side full of vastly experienced pros who have been together for a couple of years.

We haven't signed anyone for a year and have seen several first team players sold since then to pay the wages.....everyone else in L1 has signed at least 5 players this summer.

IMO we are doing very well to compete as the position is not dissimilar to Bolton a few seasons ago in L1 when they were being slaughtered every week.

Final thing - I like Wing as captain far more the Yiadom, he's more vocal and organising.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 25 Aug 2024 10:22

Royal_jimmy
Pilot_Phonic
Ascotexgunner

They're one of the most oiled sides I can remember. On paper their team is pretty solid/average but as a team they certainly are impressive and full of confidence. I think someone will turn them over soon and they'll fall away a bit.

I'm still annoyed by that game yesterday, especially with the ref and the such poor defending for the first goal. I hope we learn from that. I must say though I really enjoy this style of play, think it suits us and a great base to build a squad around.

But In the lower leagues, you don't win anything with this tippy tappy jappy stammy style of play. We need more experienced British players a British manager and British style and preferably a British owner. We then might be able to build back to our best ever S Coppell, B McDermott years.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Aug 2024 10:29

Mid Sussex Royal Not going to stir up the 2 parky/Wrexham fans by mentioning Phil but we need to remember....

We had just 2 outfield players out there yesterday with much more than a season's experience against a side full of vastly experienced pros who have been together for a couple of years.

We haven't signed anyone for a year and have seen several first team players sold since then to pay the wages.....everyone else in L1 has signed at least 5 players this summer.

IMO we are doing very well to compete as the position is not dissimilar to Bolton a few seasons ago in L1 when they were being slaughtered every week.

Final thing - I like Wing as captain far more the Yiadom, he's more vocal and organising.

I felt fairly enthused despite the result. Played some good stuff, and tbh things didn't quite go our way at times - a couple of loose balls just out of reach, rebounds falling for them etc. 3rd goal for them would be called a foul 9 times out of 10, looked clear contact on Kelvin.

Obviously played into their hands by letting them go 2 up and then they low blocked and we struggled to find a way through - though we still hit the crossbar twice and forced a cracking save from their keeper

As you say considering the circumstances I think we’ve had a strong start to the season. Nothing but praise at this stage for Selles from me

Knibbs is a big loss. Elliott is much improved. Craig has been good but probably time to start Abrefa there

Charlton will be very tough, I’d expect them to be better than Wrexham tbh. Will need a very good performance to take anything from it

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 25 Aug 2024 10:57

I couldn't watch the game unfortunately but the result wasn't unexpected.

We are a bit of a soft touch and will have to get used to well organised ,more physical sides overpowering us.

The hope for this week is obviously for the takeover to happen but just as importantly for us to keep our best players Wing and Bindon by the time the transfer window closes.

Unfortunately the loan players that I see us linked to tend to be young ball-playing attacking midfield and forward players (we already have plenty of them) when really our need is a couple of stronger full-backs (will Yiadom ever be fit enough for a whole season?) a similar type of midfield ball-winner and the option of a battering ram central striker.

At the moment we are the 2024 version of Gradi's Crewe-a passing team with no other option when of course the better sides at every level of the game all have a combination of ball skill and physical aggression.

This result is a bit of a wake-up call after last Saturday's stroll in the sun but until we can add to the squad we will have to accept that our youngsters, who all look comfortable on the ball, will have to offer more physically because we may not get in enough of that type this season.

BTW Wrexham haven't spent millions , as suggested by another, but have just done what we did in early Pardew times in bringing in known performers at the level we were at-we have done it with Knibbs, Wing and Smith but need more.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 25 Aug 2024 12:38

South Coast Royal I couldn't watch the game unfortunately but the result wasn't unexpected.

We are a bit of a soft touch and will have to get used to well organised ,more physical sides overpowering us.

The hope for this week is obviously for the takeover to happen but just as importantly for us to keep our best players Wing and Bindon by the time the transfer window closes.

Unfortunately the loan players that I see us linked to tend to be young ball-playing attacking midfield and forward players (we already have plenty of them) when really our need is a couple of stronger full-backs (will Yiadom ever be fit enough for a whole season?) a similar type of midfield ball-winner and the option of a battering ram central striker.

At the moment we are the 2024 version of Gradi's Crewe-a passing team with no other option when of course the better sides at every level of the game all have a combination of ball skill and physical aggression.

This result is a bit of a wake-up call after last Saturday's stroll in the sun but until we can add to the squad we will have to accept that our youngsters, who all look comfortable on the ball, will have to offer more physically because we may not get in enough of that type this season.

BTW Wrexham haven't spent millions , as suggested by another, but have just done what we did in early Pardew times in bringing in known performers at the level we were at-we have done it with Knibbs, Wing and Smith but need more.

They didn't get Mullin to move from League 1, the summer after he'd just been promoted with Cambridge as League 2 top scorer, to the National League by offering him flowers and chocolates.

I don't begrudge them at all, but they've spent a lot of money to get where they are.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2024 12:50

Wrexham may not have payed big transfer fees but they've certainly bought success with huge wages for the level they were playing at for players too good for it.

I know they're aging, but Fletcher? McClean?

You don't fly up the leagues like that paying the going rate and being sensible with signings.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Aug 2024 13:05

Disappointing result but I thought we actually played ok. Wrexham were clinical with the chances they had whereas we look toothless in attack and ran out ideas.

I really wasn't happy with the stand arrangement, I was near the middle aisle that went down to the front but there was no exit. There was apparently an aisle mid way down the stand but it just looked like another row of seats. Terrible stadium design not helped by poor stewarding that should have kept that exit aisle clear.

Decent prematch in the Royal Oak, it seemed to be Royals takeover with very few Wrexham fans. Getting away wasn't great. The trains to Chester were every hour and when the 1 train turned up it had 2 carriages to fix about 200 or 300 people in.

184 posts