Posted this on other thread:

Sweeeeeeeeet Caroline

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 02 May 2006 11:46

Exiles This has the possibility of being truely brilliant

But please please please, can people not just learn the words, but also learn the speed of the song, so they can time it right, because even when we've got the music playing we get the timings completely wrong and sound stupid, Terry and June on Sunday sounded disjointed as some were in time and some weren't

So can everyone learn the song, not just the words please

Got to admit it is stuck in my head today!

When it's being sung without the backing song will be the test, it won't be TOO bad if it's a little quicker. Bound to be isn't it? :wink:

Like you I am singing it around the workplace to many a dazzled look! Couldn't care less though it's ace.

Sweeet Caroline DOO DOO DOO 8)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 May 2006 13:41

Must admit the tune's been going around in my head ever since.

Mind you, they could have played The Birdie Song yesterday and it would have been adopted by everyone as the new club anthem - I think it has something to do with the intoxicating atmosphere of the whole occasion.

I think it's a pyschological effect similar to how you never forget the song that was playing when you had your first proper kiss!

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 02 May 2006 13:53

I cant see it being an 'anthem' like You'll Never Walk Alone, but maybe we could sing along to it at the start of the game like Hi Ho Silver Lining? You wouldn't get people singing it through the game though.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 02 May 2006 14:04

EASTENDER MARKY I cant see it being an 'anthem' like You'll Never Walk Alone, but maybe we could sing along to it at the start of the game like Hi Ho Silver Lining? You wouldn't get people singing it through the game though.

Why not? The words aren't that difficult, slow tune for the most of it. easy to sing along to. It would have to be started at an away game like the Amarillo one. Just to get it going.

It's such a winner. 8)

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 02 May 2006 14:08

It's not the type of sing to sing without the backing of the actual song.

the rookie

by the rookie » 02 May 2006 14:10

100% behind this one. What better way to chose a club anthem than to let the players do it!

While on the subject of tunes played at the Mad Stad, what is the instrumental tune that has been played before the start of the last few home games? I have to say, I find it extremly emotive and it really seems to build up the atmosphere in the stadium before kick-off. I would really like to get hold of a copy of it as well.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 02 May 2006 14:11

the rookie 100% behind this one. What better way to chose a club anthem than to let the players do it!

While on the subject of tunes played at the Mad Stad, what is the instrumental tune that has been played before the start of the last few home games? I have to say, I find it extremly emotive and it really seems to build up the atmosphere in the stadium before kick-off. I would really like to get hold of a copy of it as well.

Ashes by Insomnia?

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 02 May 2006 14:11

When Sidders was dancing to it right in front of us in the East Stand yesterday it was quality.

Touching me, touching you.... :lol:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 02 May 2006 14:13

EASTENDER MARKY When Sidders was dancing to it right in front of us in the East Stand yesterday it was quality.

Touching me, touching you.... :lol:

Ron Grant conducting was the funniest thing seen in a football stadium. Brilliant, utter magic. :lol:

He was loving it

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet Caroline

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 02 May 2006 14:16

Exiles
Alan Partridge
the rookie 100% behind this one. What better way to chose a club anthem than to let the players do it!

Ashes by Insomnia?

Its Ashes by Embrace and Insomnia by Faithless

WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH :lol:

the rookie

by the rookie » 02 May 2006 14:17

Exiles

This has been answered lots, plus the OS continue to say what the tune is

Its Lux aeterna by Clint Mansell and they play it to accompany the video on the big screen

Cheers for that. I'm extremly partial to it!

Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Sussex Royal » 02 May 2006 14:56

iPhil® Posted this on other thread:

Sweeeeeeeeet Caroline

Haven't stoped singing it since the game, and that just gave me the post bank holiday blues lift that I needed 8)

When Hicks went up...

by When Hicks went up... » 02 May 2006 14:57

I just can't see this failing to become an anthem for us.

Team's anthems have to come about naturally - generated out of times of celebration and success - they can't be decided by printing words in the local rag, or conducting internet polls.

Sweet Caroline has come about due to our exceptionaly talented players going out to Spain and getting lashed at the end of the most succesful season in the long history of our club. I for one can't think of a better way for an anthem to come about!

Jimpanzee

by Jimpanzee » 02 May 2006 15:03

Exiles

This has been answered lots, plus the OS continue to say what the tune is

Its Lux aeterna by Clint Mansell and they play it to accompany the video on the big screen

Better known to some of us as Clint Poppie 8)

JamesH

by JamesH » 02 May 2006 15:10

When Hicks went up... I just can't see this failing to become an anthem for us.

Team's anthems have to come about naturally - generated out of times of celebration and success - they can't be decided by printing words in the local rag, or conducting internet polls.

Sweet Caroline has come about due to our exceptionaly talented players going out to Spain and getting lashed at the end of the most succesful season in the long history of our club. I for one can't think of a better way for an anthem to come about!

My sentiments exactly!! And it happens to be a fantastic song too!! I hope it is hear to stay!!

playoffs or layoffs

by playoffs or layoffs » 02 May 2006 15:17

JamesH
When Hicks went up... I just can't see this failing to become an anthem for us.

My sentiments exactly!! And it happens to be a fantastic song too!! I hope it is hear to stay!!

We Are The Champions and Sweet Caroline have been going around and around in my head all day today.

It's driving me mad. 8)

246 posts