Sign the Petition to save BBCRB Commentary

225 posts
Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 26 Jul 2006 21:37

Platypuss Nah, his ill thought-out and misjudged remarks in the EP definitely look like those of a cornered man caught bang to rights.

I can't disagree with that. But as I said on another thread he struck me as a man trying to defend the indefensible. It doesn't mean he orginated the idea mind. And I rather hope he didn't.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 26 Jul 2006 22:45

1207. Shane Long Listen to our fans, its them that makes our club what it is.

Shane's in!!!!

WSRL

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Jul 2006 08:43

johnnym erm...BBCRB commentary was useless drivel though.

dellor and that other fool knew little about football, rfc or broadcasting.

I'm pretty sure that other fool (Joel Hufford) would beat you in any trivia quiz about RFC. Suspect he could show you and 107 something about running a radio show as well! Tim Dellor is perhaps a bit weaker on the footy/RFC fron - being a posh boy he's more into cricket - but he makes up for that with his enthusiasm.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 27 Jul 2006 08:47

RoyalBlue
johnnym erm...BBCRB commentary was useless drivel though.

dellor and that other fool knew little about football, rfc or broadcasting.

I'm pretty sure that other fool (Joel Hufford) would beat you in any trivia quiz about RFC. Suspect he could show you and 107 something about running a radio show as well! Tim Dellor is perhaps a bit weaker on the footy/RFC fron - being a posh boy he's more into cricket - but he makes up for that with his enthusiasm.

Indeed. BBC Berkshire was also about entertainment value. Passionatte heartfelt moments that show them to be real fans and interested in the club.

"REMEMBER THE MOMENT"

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 27 Jul 2006 14:48

Just signed this, as its a good cause. We need as much coverage as we possibly can, the fact we will be getting less coverage in what promises to be an historic season is quite frankly a bit of a joke.

Corky341

by Corky341 » 27 Jul 2006 15:30

Initially I wasn't going to sign. I live in Glastonbury and if I can't get to a game I have no choice but to listen via Reading World so as to how has the rights is rather immaterial to me, however I've been thinking. If another 20,000 (?) or so fans outside the immediate Reading area can't keep up to date with the club, will they go elsewhere? Yes I know, they should all subscribe to R.W. but again I think that's a greedy way of making money. I'd like to see both stations (and 210FM, maybe) be given the nod to broadcast all the live action from all the games we play. The more exposure we get the better.

igoe agogo

by igoe agogo » 27 Jul 2006 15:50

Corky341 Initially I wasn't going to sign. I live in Glastonbury and if I can't get to a game I have no choice but to listen via Reading World so as to how has the rights is rather immaterial to me, however I've been thinking. If another 20,000 (?) or so fans outside the immediate Reading area can't keep up to date with the club, will they go elsewhere? Yes I know, they should all subscribe to R.W. but again I think that's a greedy way of making money. I'd like to see both stations (and 210FM, maybe) be given the nod to broadcast all the live action from all the games we play. The more exposure we get the better.

I'm also an exil ooop north but have signed based on the listener figures provided by STAR - surely we need as big an audience as possible this year more than ever regardless that I can't hear it.

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 27 Jul 2006 16:11

Bowman's Quiver
strap Of course, it may well be that he personally had nothing to do with the whole commentary rights episode.

And that, I suspect, hits the proverbial nail firmly on the proverbial head.

This has all the fingerprints of an overeager lackey behind it. Which one I wonder?

From what I have heard those very lackeys do what they do only because the big man insists on everything being done with the minimum of spending. So whoever was actually behind this it is the fault of JM as he dictates the atmosphere there. Actually I suspect that it was all his idea - he is less likely to appreciate the coverage of 107 being so much smaller than BBCRB than the lesser mortals at the club - anyway but we will probably never know.

andyhalls

by andyhalls » 27 Jul 2006 16:31

We're up to 1245 now, which is an amazing response considering the time it has been active.

But I still feel a few more signatures could help us over the line!

C'mon guys, tell friends, relatives, next-door neighbours, whoever, just make sure we get some more signatures down.

Keep it up.

AH.

johnnym

by johnnym » 27 Jul 2006 19:16

i seriously doubt joel hufford could beat me at much involving trivia

he may beat me at a competition to be the worst broadcaster ever

seriously though you guys...do we really have 500,000 regular non-reading habitants listening to live commentary on bbcrb?????? i doubt it

but if it means that much to you then all the best to you

anyone want to sign my petition banning hufford and dellor from the airwaves??

andyhalls

by andyhalls » 27 Jul 2006 20:25

johnnym

Or how about a more popular choice, banning you from the internet?

bre

by bre » 27 Jul 2006 20:46

I have just signed.

I hadn't bothered before as i thought that it wouldn't make a difference, just goes to show the power of public opinon at times

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 27 Jul 2006 21:11

Done.

I f*cking hate 107

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 27 Jul 2006 21:48

johnnym i seriously doubt joel hufford could beat me at much involving trivia

seriously though you guys...do we really have 500,000 regular non-reading habitants listening to live commentary on bbcrb?????? i doubt it

I don't know about 500,00 but I can name one. My dad who used to watch Royals in the 50's loves his Saturday afternoons pottering with BBCRB on listening to "his" team. He would not know one end of a pc from another so web access is totally inappropriate.

Legend

by Legend » 27 Jul 2006 21:57

ayjaydee
johnnym i seriously doubt joel hufford could beat me at much involving trivia

I don't know about 500,00 but I can name one. My dad who used to watch Royals in the 50's loves his Saturday afternoons pottering with BBCRB on listening to "his" team. He would not know one end of a pc from another so web access is totally inappropriate.

Never too old to learn.

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 29 Jul 2006 15:00

For those of us that are out of the area, can anyone explain if bbcrb have had any on air support from callers, or mentioned anything as part of their swindon coverage this afternoon about live coverage?

Thanks in advance....

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Jul 2006 15:22

igoe agogo
Corky341 Initially I wasn't going to sign. I live in Glastonbury and if I can't get to a game I have no choice but to listen via Reading World so as to how has the rights is rather immaterial to me, however I've been thinking. If another 20,000 (?) or so fans outside the immediate Reading area can't keep up to date with the club, will they go elsewhere? Yes I know, they should all subscribe to R.W. but again I think that's a greedy way of making money. I'd like to see both stations (and 210FM, maybe) be given the nod to broadcast all the live action from all the games we play. The more exposure we get the better.

I'm also an exil ooop north but have signed based on the listener figures provided by STAR - surely we need as big an audience as possible this year more than ever regardless that I can't hear it.

I live well out the area but I'm one of the lucky ones, I can afford a season ticket and I can afford to travel down for every game. Whoever has the broadcasting rights has no direct impact on me. Others living in Berkshire and the surrounding area aren't so lucky and are being threatened with being cut off from the club when it is on the cusp of something very big. That's why I signed.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Aug 2006 07:14

Reading Football Club and BBC Radio Berkshire announced today, 1st August, a new broadcasting and promotional deal that will see commentary on the club's matches being broadcast next season on the BBC station.

The future of match coverage was the subject of speculation following the announcement that the two parties were initially unable to agree terms.

However, after more talks between the Club and the BBC both parties were able to agree a partnership that will see BBC Radio Berkshire continue its popular service of commentaries, news and other programming following the Royals' progress.

The station's popular commentary team of Joel Hufford and Tim Dellor will be joined by ex-Reading player Mick Gooding.

In addition, there will be a range of other support programming across radio, TV and http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire to follow Reading's historic first season in the Premiership.

Lizz Loxam, Managing Editor of BBC Radio Berkshire, says: "We're delighted. It's great news that we'll continue to broadcast all the Royals games next season. We wish the Royals every success in the Premiership and are looking forward very much to being there with them every step of the way."

Reading FC chairman John Madejski commented, "I am very pleased that we have finally been able to reach an agreement that will allow BBC Radio Berkshire to continue providing live commentary next season.

"They have been strong supporters of the Club for a number of years and we look forward to continuing our relationship."

Live commentary on every game will also appear on Reading 107.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10306~875114,00.html

Dangerous
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: 2006 HNA? Ryder Cup Prediction Winner! 2007/08 NFL Prediction League Winner! Retired.

by Dangerous » 01 Aug 2006 07:31

Excellent news, well done everybody and well done RFC for waking up and listening to the fans, for once!

Cavaman

by Cavaman » 01 Aug 2006 07:38

Common sense reigns - amazing :shock:

225 posts