Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Aug 2006 15:43

SpaceCruiser
Alan Partridge
Royal Lady who's the guy in sunglasses?

Stevie Wonder

Did he have plastic surgery?

Is that when you get your hands replaced with Rumblestix?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Aug 2006 15:44

Alan Partridge
Royal Lady surely that's not Copps??? :shock: I've looked at it a few times before asking on here - and his head appears to have changed shape and he has no hair whatsoever now. Good grief - I used to fancy him dreadfully in the 70's. :shock:

It's Brian McDermott

It's a hairy version of Schards.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Aug 2006 15:47

:roll: Rubbish. Schards is much hairier than him.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Sidwell's comments in the post today

by Gav » 07 Aug 2006 15:48

Sidwell “All the lads are saying the same thing. We don’t get anything out of it."

OK, no names mentioned, so not necesarily entirely true... but with Kitson's comments last season, is Sidwell:

a) Copping unecessary flak for being the spokesperson of the group?
b) The dunce of the group for being the only one to make his feelings known publicly?
c) Both of the above.

Personally, I think he's a c) man myself.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 07 Aug 2006 15:49

Sidwell is probably thinking Charlton wouldn't be playing such crap opposition.

He has a point.

Look at the teams most of the other Premier clubs are competing against then see what Reading are playing.

No contest.

However, shut it Sidders........................please.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 07 Aug 2006 15:54

There goes Sidwell again with his "the lads are all saying the same thing." They're not saying it to the press, are they. Let other people speak for themselves, just like in the contract case. Sidwell is really beginning to get on my tits. For whoever saud we wouldn;t pay attention if it was Sonko or Bobby - Sonko and Bobby don;t make these kind fo remarks in the press. The purpose of the trip has been explained ad nauseam over the last three years. And not all the clubs are of this level. He'll look a total tit if we lose the against Orgryte. Also, I'm surprised no one's pointed out Carrick and J. Cole's injusries in "competetive" friendlies and Sir Alex in a raging fury about it.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Aug 2006 15:58

As I know some of the team actually read this, I shall repeat an oft repeated phrase: No one player is bigger than Reading FC. If you don't like it Mr Sidwell and you can't afford to live on the wages we pay you, then leave. However, it would seem no-one has actually made an offer for you yet. So think on that before you spout off again. Much love.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 07 Aug 2006 15:59

Arch Also, I'm surprised no one's pointed out Carrick and J. Cole's injusries in "competetive" friendlies and Sir Alex in a raging fury about it.

Er, why would Alex Ferguson be very angry about Joe Cole's injury?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2006 15:59

Arch There goes Sidwell again with his "the lads are all saying the same thing." They're not saying it to the press, are they. Let other people speak for themselves, just like in the contract case. Sidwell is really beginning to get on my tits. For whoever saud we wouldn;t pay attention if it was Sonko or Bobby - Sonko and Bobby don;t make these kind fo remarks in the press. The purpose of the trip has been explained ad nauseam over the last three years. And not all the clubs are of this level. He'll look a total tit if we lose the against Orgryte. Also, I'm surprised no one's pointed out Carrick and J. Cole's injusries in "competetive" friendlies and Sir Alex in a raging fury about it.

You're right they haven't doesn't mean they wouldn't if they were asked the question. It's not like Sidwell is the first player to say something similar about the standard of oppostion on these tours. I stand by my belief that if it had been Sonko or Bobby who had said this we wouldn't be on page 5.

I don't think Sidwell has a problem with the tour (as it is good for squad bonding etc) but just that when they do play, he (and possibly others) would like a game that will test them slightly and can win the game at more than walking pace - which will improve overall fitness. I don't see the problem with that.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Aug 2006 16:01

If a lot of the players feel the same, surely it should be the captain making these remarks on their behalf?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 07 Aug 2006 16:01

SpaceCruiser
Arch Also, I'm surprised no one's pointed out Carrick and J. Cole's injusries in "competetive" friendlies and Sir Alex in a raging fury about it.

Clever users of the language are alert to the possible meanings of words like "it" in different contexts.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 07 Aug 2006 16:02

Royal Lady As I know some of the team actually read this.

:shock:

Sorry for any derogatory comments I may have made against any player of my beloved Reading.

Please forgive me. :cry:

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 07 Aug 2006 16:02

Stranded
Arch There goes Sidwell again with his "the lads are all saying the same thing." They're not saying it to the press, are they. Let other people speak for themselves, just like in the contract case. Sidwell is really beginning to get on my tits. For whoever saud we wouldn;t pay attention if it was Sonko or Bobby - Sonko and Bobby don;t make these kind fo remarks in the press. The purpose of the trip has been explained ad nauseam over the last three years. And not all the clubs are of this level. He'll look a total tit if we lose the against Orgryte. Also, I'm surprised no one's pointed out Carrick and J. Cole's injusries in "competetive" friendlies and Sir Alex in a raging fury about it.

You're right they haven't doesn't mean they wouldn't if they were asked the question. It's not like Sidwell is the first player to say something similar about the standard of oppostion on these tours. I stand by my belief that if it had been Sonko or Bobby who had said this we wouldn't be on page 5.

I don't think Sidwell has a problem with the tour (as it is good for squad bonding etc) but just that when they do play, he (and possibly others) would like a game that will test them slightly and can win the game at more than walking pace - which will improve overall fitness. I don't see the problem with that.
I'd expect most of our players to be diplomatic and generous about our hosts.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Aug 2006 16:04

well I say some of the players - Harps does and I know Doyle has.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2006 16:05

Of course, but lets face it, footballers aren't exactly blessed in the brains department.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 07 Aug 2006 16:06

Arch
SpaceCruiser

Clever users of the language are alert to the possible meanings of words like "it" in different contexts.

Chill, I was winding you up. ;)

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 07 Aug 2006 16:07

Gordons Cumming
Gordons Cumming Whinging footballers get on my tits. :shock:

I agree, nothing worse. :roll:

Absolutely.

Get a life, you pampered tosspots.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 07 Aug 2006 16:14

I guess he thinks that if he opens his mouth often enough that the manager will relent and let him leave.

It's certainly working for me......................the Ist brown envelope containing £2m should secure the most over-rated player on our books.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 07 Aug 2006 16:17

Woodcote Royal I guess he thinks that if he opens his mouth often enough that the manager will relent and let him leave.

It's certainly working for me......................the Ist brown envelope containing £2m should secure the most over-rated player on our books.

You're over-reacting.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 07 Aug 2006 16:21

No I'm not...............given what's been going on this summer regarding his future, Sidwell should have the sense to shut the fcuk up and keep his head down.

161 posts