by royalsteve » 20 Aug 2006 01:12

bracknell loyal royal!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Lita get your haircut !! :lol:

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 20 Aug 2006 01:13

URZZZZZZZZ
Humanistic Fantastic game.

A word for Ivar- thought he was superb and was not at all out of his depth. Had Viduka in his pocket for much of the match.

Spot on!

i agree.....thought soel was MOM, then ivar

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 20 Aug 2006 01:17

Kurtz Superb afternoon's entertainment. Took my daughter to her first ever match. I'll be constantly reminding her about it and its significance over the weeks and probably years ahead. "Good but a bit boring towards the end" was her summary. I'd rate it a bit more highly than that!! :D

took my 5 year old son and he has seen wins only so far....he's been to homes games that i can remember and a few others previous 2 seasons - Millwall 5-0, Cardiff 5-1, QPR 2-1, Boro 3-2

he is my Royals lucky mascot!

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 21 Aug 2006 09:26

I agree with most of the points in the initial post, but I disagree that Boro are usually a decent defensive side. Their defence was the main reason I thought we'd win before the game, and was why if we got a goal back before half time I knew we had a chance of getting a result. What happened was more amazing than even I expected! I know a Boro fan and he's really worried about the season ahead for them because they've got an inexperienced defence with a few players missing. I couldn't help feeling during the game that they were crying out for Southgate to be playing for them, he might have had more of an influence with his defensive organisation.

As for us this game confirmed what I already knew, we will score goals this season. Looking through our strikers before the game I knew that all of them could score in the Prem. Mates of mine weren't sure how we'd do but I said you don't score 99 goals in the Championship unless you're a good attacking team.

I still worry about our defence, and in particular our defensive cover though. The 2nd goal was a classic example, there were plenty of fans around me who were screaming for one of our players to go on the line for Boro's 2nd goal. There were just too many bodies in the wall and Hahnemann didnt deal with it too well. The player on the line probably would have cleared it away. But overall its more positive than it looked after 20 mins when I thought we were in for a long hard season.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 21 Aug 2006 09:29

1) We were horrifically nervous for the first 20 minutes and didn't do a lot. Convey didn't really snap out of it but that surging run that put Doyle through seeme dto lift the side.

2) It was onside, imo. But, who cares?