Royals fans doing a runner?

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Royals fans doing a runner?

by Scarface » 22 Aug 2006 08:54

oldebiscuit We've waited 135 years to debut in the top flight so it couldn't come soon enough, a high profile friendly, media hype, and finally the kick off, and what a game? spills, thrills and goals in front of a packed house. Well, it was for 85 minutes anyway. The thrills and spills continued but there was a steady stream heading for the exits from the 85th minute onwards. What is that all about please? Biggest day so far in our history and people leaving before the end. How does that make you feel as a player? what do they have to do to please you people? Applause at the end is the least we could give the boys. Enough ranting, but could anyone that left early please try and explain what was the rush to get away? And don't give any ballocks about catching a bus or train because they run late into the night. lor=red][/color] :?: :shock:

I left with 30 seconds of injury time left to get a bus into town and have a beer. I couln't give a flying fcuk what you think mate, £545 for a season ticket so I'll leave when I fcuking well like.

More people leave 5 mins before half time than left 5 mins before then end of full time.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 22 Aug 2006 08:56

Scarface
oldebiscuit We've waited 135 years to debut in the top flight so it couldn't come soon enough, a high profile friendly, media hype, and finally the kick off, and what a game? spills, thrills and goals in front of a packed house. Well, it was for 85 minutes anyway. The thrills and spills continued but there was a steady stream heading for the exits from the 85th minute onwards. What is that all about please? Biggest day so far in our history and people leaving before the end. How does that make you feel as a player? what do they have to do to please you people? Applause at the end is the least we could give the boys. Enough ranting, but could anyone that left early please try and explain what was the rush to get away? And don't give any ballocks about catching a bus or train because they run late into the night. lor=red][/color] :?: :shock:

I left with 30 seconds of injury time left to get a bus into town and have a beer. I couln't give a flying fcuk what you think mate, £545 for a season ticket so I'll leave when I fcuking well like.

More people leave 5 mins before half time than left 5 mins before then end of full time.

Its good to know that the beer supply in Reading is so poor that you need to dive out 30 seconds early to guarantee getting one of the last ones. :oops:

Oxon_Royal

by Oxon_Royal » 22 Aug 2006 09:16

LOL @ those who left before half time to get in the food and beer queues :lol:

No don't!

Seriously, over the years there have been an uncanny number of cases when it's my brother's turn to get the beers in at half-time, we go and score and he misses the goal. This time he missed two. I'm not at all superstitious, but I reckon this has happened in over half the times he goes.
When it's our mate's or my turn, this never happens.
He has even come to start saying just before half-time - 'we need a goal now, I'll go and get the beers in!'

Incidentally, we NEVER leave before the end of the game, and when one of us goes to get the beers slightly early, we make sure we don't get in the way or inconvenience anyone else (take note - ducking down usually helps, to those that don't).

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 22 Aug 2006 09:33

West Stand Man I find the 'some people lead busy lives' etc rather odd, as they imply that you have to leave early to get anywhere quickly. I never leave the the stadium until after the final whistle, and generally get back to my house just north of Swindon by shortly after 6 pm (following a 3pm kick off). I reckon that 70 minutes from my seat in the Madejski to my house in Swindon is reasonable. I might get there 5 minutes earlier if I dived out a few minutes before the end - but not significantly so.

Thus I find it hard to believe that many of the more local departees are really saving much time at all.

Well I only live 5 miles away and you beat me home. I sit near the top of the East stand and it takes forever to get out if I don't leave earley, which I only do if I have to get home for a reason.

Also, for the comments about those going to get a bear early. I went down after the half time whistle to get a Coke for my son to take back and ended up missing the first 5 mins of the second half. At least I saw the goals but if they had been scored in the first 5 mins instead of the last 5 mins I would have missed them.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Aug 2006 09:35

Elm PArk about those going to get a bear early

:shock: :shock:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2006 09:37

Elm PArk
West Stand Man I find the 'some people lead busy lives' etc rather odd, as they imply that you have to leave early to get anywhere quickly. I never leave the the stadium until after the final whistle, and generally get back to my house just north of Swindon by shortly after 6 pm (following a 3pm kick off). I reckon that 70 minutes from my seat in the Madejski to my house in Swindon is reasonable. I might get there 5 minutes earlier if I dived out a few minutes before the end - but not significantly so.

Thus I find it hard to believe that many of the more local departees are really saving much time at all.

Well I only live 5 miles away and you beat me home. I sit near the top of the East stand and it takes forever to get out if I don't leave earley, which I only do if I have to get home for a reason.

Also, for the comments about those going to get a bear early. I went down after the half time whistle to get a Coke for my son to take back and ended up missing the first 5 mins of the second half. At least I saw the goals but if they had been scored in the first 5 mins instead of the last 5 mins I would have missed them.

I'd stop going thru Earley then if I were you.

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 22 Aug 2006 09:43

Stranded I'd stop going thru Earley then if I were you.

If only I could.

RoyBentley'sSkyBlueArmy

by RoyBentley'sSkyBlueArmy » 22 Aug 2006 09:43

I would say a fair few have always left before the end of the game. It's just that its far more noticable in the all seater Madstad than when we used to stand at Elm Park.

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 22 Aug 2006 11:22

who cares mate?....if people want to slip out at the end to avoid being stuck in the car park for ages then thats their choice..and if they miss a goal then its their tough shiit!.....personally i go down to the exit on 90 minutes and watch the end from there so i can dart out quickly as soon as the whistle goes, but always stay til the end....didnt do that at the boro game tho as wanted to soak everything up for all it was worth....but let people make their choices about how they plan their trip out of the stadium....you also have to realise a number of people travel from out of Reading to go to games (myself included!)

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 22 Aug 2006 12:18

West Stand Man
Scarface

Its good to know that the beer supply in Reading is so poor that you need to dive out 30 seconds early to guarantee getting one of the last ones. :oops:

I'd rather be in a boozer than queuing for a bus.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 10 Sep 2006 12:32

Forbury Lion Some people have to leave early to get home in time for X-Factor. It's a real inconvienience having these 3pm kick offs don't you know :wink:

If the plastics want to leave let them, the sooner the better in my opinion... just as long as they keep out of my way as I don't pay to see their backs.

LOL @ those who left before half time to get in the food and beer queues :lol:

Yes there was a guy sat in the South Stand in front of me who left 5 mins before half time, the classic comment to his mate afterwards "dont start". Absolute classic :lol:

It takes 2 hours to get home from games, and I've never once left early. I've got a habit of missing goals when I watch games on TV, so the thought of missing a goal after leaving early would be hard to take. Especially as I dont get to many games a season.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 10 Sep 2006 12:39

I wonder how many goals will be scored in the last 5 minutes at the Madejski this season and how key this will be to being in the Premier League next season?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Sep 2006 12:39

People who leave games early are pretty pathetic to be honest.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 10 Sep 2006 16:05

ive only left a game early once but the sad reality is that if your catching the bus back to the station you save about 20 minutes in queing time.Therefor people will continue to leave early for that reason.

fridays child

by fridays child » 10 Sep 2006 16:09

Royalee People who leave games early are pretty pathetic to be honest.

People who pass judgement on others are even more pathetic

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 10 Sep 2006 16:43

fridays child People who pass judgement on others are even more pathetic

Genius :roll:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 10 Sep 2006 16:59

fridays child
Royalee People who leave games early are pretty pathetic to be honest.

People who pass judgement on others are even more pathetic

No, I'll support my team for the full 90 minutes plus injury time, I don't see football as something to do before going to the cinema at half 5 or something ridiculous, I see it as THE thing I do on a Saturday apart from going into town later on and football will rule my Saturdays, not being at home in time for a nice early tea having missed an amazing last minute winner.

If I'd have f*cked off 10 minutes before the end of the Wigan playoff, Peterborough away a few years back and countless other occasions, I'd have been kicking myself and I don't see how these people do it.

John Peel

by John Peel » 10 Sep 2006 18:18

I think some fans need to chill out. So what if someones decides to leave early - that's their loss not yours. Have you got evidence that everyone who goes early is a plastic?!

It's OK if you want to pile into the bar after the game and have a few beers until it dies down but if you've got to travel back to somewhere like London - and there are quite a few London exiles - then you've got to understand how long it takes me to get back. I know someone who did actually stay till the end of our first Prem game but ended up queuing for almost an hour for a bus and getting home about 7.30 pm! Most people would've long been home by then.

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 10 Sep 2006 18:33

if people want to leave early thats there own choice, it always makes me laugh when all they early lot have gone and a last gasp winner goes in.
serves them right.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 10 Sep 2006 18:47

Did I mention that I'll be leaving 5 mins early tomorrow?