De La Cruz training with Royals

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Aug 2006 23:39

OMG!

You are either the worst wind up merchant EVER, or know less about football than the chair I'm sitting on.

"Go away and never come back"

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 22 Aug 2006 00:32

I've been in Ecuador for the last 4 months and by the looks of the world cup, their strong point certainly wasnt their defence and there are better players in the team. Carlos Tenorio up front, even though Coppell doenst want another striker

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 22 Aug 2006 02:41

SpaceCruiser
Reading Abbey :D

I dunno why you're grinning, you said he would be more comfortable in a holding role in the midfield and yet the Stoke report says he wasn't comfortable there.

Maybe because Steve Coppell has said he may be more suited to a holding role, as already said!

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 22 Aug 2006 02:57

Dangerous and with Bikey coming in on loan too.

This is a serious feasability is it??

I read Coppell's comment about it be a remote possibility but is it being seriously discussed??

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the joker that was sent off in a freindly for violent conduct isn't it? If we sign him, even on loan, won't he have to sit out a three match suspension??

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 22 Aug 2006 03:02

Flyingkiwi

I read Coppell's comment about it be a remote possibility but is it being seriously discussed??

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the joker that was sent off in a freindly for violent conduct isn't it? If we sign him, even on loan, won't he have to sit out a three match suspension??

The evening post seems to think it's going through, yes.
Yes, it's him.
No idea about the ban.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 22 Aug 2006 04:05

YorkshireRoyal is a pitiful tosspot. No need to try arguing with ... it.

Gordon Cumming's right ho

by Gordon Cumming's right ho » 22 Aug 2006 07:19

Seems that DLC has the qualities that Coppell admires: good crosser and a 'sound' bloke vis semi in Solihull, UNICEF ambassador etc.

The more I think about it, the more I appreciate how Coppell has built a team in his own image. A squad of players with real spirit and a little above the usual intellect for footy players, who appreciate and can deliver fast, attacking football and who can put in ~decent!~ crosses.

BTW, don't you think that Kits is one of the most considered commentators on the game? Great soundbites, delivered well ...

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 22 Aug 2006 09:10

Flyingkiwi

red cards are becoming a lot more common in friendlys, not a justification i know, but they are. If you base everything on that one match then he's pretty s**t, but overall on the tour he looked strong and comfortable on the ball. We all know how much Coppell hates undisciplined players, and how disciplined our defense is. So maybe a bit could rub off on him?

Frustrated_Royal

by Frustrated_Royal » 22 Aug 2006 09:49

Apparently Coppell wants to fuse the former Villa man with another of our new signings to form... De La Seoul.

*Gets coat*

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 22 Aug 2006 09:56

BTW, don't you think that Kits is one of the most considered commentators on the game? Great soundbites, delivered well ...

Agreed, Kits seems pretty sharp for a footballer, and gives great stick i cant wait too see who he pisses off next

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 22 Aug 2006 09:59

wehateoxford

Agreed, Kits seems pretty sharp for a footballer, and gives great stick i cant wait too see who he pisses off next

Neil Warnock

Jose Mourinho

Alex Ferguson

Arsene Wenger

Hopefully............. :wink:

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 22 Aug 2006 10:31

im going for Wenger, i reaaaally hate him, and we've already ruffled a few feathers for chelsea.

what do we sing at chelsea? we have to think of a kitson Vs Lampard type song

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 22 Aug 2006 10:31

Well he had a very good world cup, remember watching a few of their games and he was excellent, a far cry from the player struggling at VIlla. Maybe that was down to him being very unhappy there, than him being average at best? He showed he was no mug at the highest level.

Experienced player but with something to prove i the Premierhsip, we are definitely short of a full back now that Makin has gone and on a free it could be a no lose situation for all.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 22 Aug 2006 10:46

i dont really like the idea of short term fixes, but then, i suppose its also impossible to consilidate if no ones interested.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 22 Aug 2006 11:06

If he was training for Sheff Utd everyone would be have a massive laugh, going on about what an idiot Warnock and how we're so lucky that Coppell doesn't go round trying to bring in any useless Premiership rejects just because they are availiable. People have spent the whole summer on this board saying how players like this are the exact opposite of what we need, so what's changed??

Every Villa fan say he's the worst player they've had in recent times and when you consider who they've had that is really saying something.

The success of the squad last season was that it was full of players who could push the players in the 1st eleven, someone like De La Cruz would be a massive step back form a succesful formula.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Aug 2006 11:09

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Every Villa fan say he's the worst player they've had in recent times and when you consider who they've had that is really saying something.

Every Villa fan? Are you sure?

From what I have read they say he is inconsistent but can have some brilliant games. They also say he is better going forward than he is defensively and is a model professional who just gets on with it.

They wish him the best and think he could enjoy better times at another club.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 22 Aug 2006 11:11

so do we need another full back whos going to get caught out? considering this was our main weakness against borough i wouldnt be too happy, i'd rather a defender whos good at defending

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 22 Aug 2006 11:12

Wycombe Royal
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Every Villa fan say he's the worst player they've had in recent times and when you consider who they've had that is really saying something.

Every Villa fan? Are you sure?

From what I have read they say he is inconsistent but can have some brilliant games. They also say he is better going forward than he is defensively and is a model professional who just gets on with it.

They wish him the best and think he could enjoy better times at another club.

Maybe, but at the end of the day if he was good enough as a squad player for a lower level Pemiership side then why did Villa let him go??

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2006 11:12

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe If he was training for Sheff Utd everyone would be have a massive laugh, going on about what an idiot Warnock and how we're so lucky that Coppell doesn't go round trying to bring in any useless Premiership rejects just because they are availiable. People have spent the whole summer on this board saying how players like this are the exact opposite of what we need, so what's changed??

Every Villa fan say he's the worst player they've had in recent times and when you consider who they've had that is really saying something.

The success of the squad last season was that it was full of players who could push the players in the 1st eleven, someone like De La Cruz would be a massive step back form a succesful formula.

Not sure how it's a step back personally. We've just lost Chris Makin to Southampton. De La Cruz is a similar sort of player to him but has played Prem football (and was actually quite good under Taylor at Villa) and is a regular at international level and played at the World Cup.

To me this would just be replacing one player with a similar but more experienced player and as such could be seen as a step forward.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 22 Aug 2006 11:13

I haven't read anywhere that he is on trial with us. Could it not be a case of him training with us to keep fit?

Coppell would only make a move for him if he felt it worthy. Paul Brooker aside, I can't think of one bad signing he's made yet. (I'll wait for you all to bombard me with a list of failed signings now!)