De La Cruz training with Royals

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2006 11:14

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Wycombe Royal
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Every Villa fan say he's the worst player they've had in recent times and when you consider who they've had that is really saying something.

Every Villa fan? Are you sure?

From what I have read they say he is inconsistent but can have some brilliant games. They also say he is better going forward than he is defensively and is a model professional who just gets on with it.

They wish him the best and think he could enjoy better times at another club.

Maybe, but at the end of the day if he was good enough as a squad player for a lower level Pemiership side then why did Villa let him go??

He, as many others, fell out with DOL. His contract ran out before the management changes so he left.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2006 11:15

79Royal I haven't read anywhere that he is on trial with us. Could it not be a case of him training with us to keep fit?

Coppell would only make a move for him if he felt it worthy. Paul Brooker aside, I can't think of one bad signing he's made yet. (I'll wait for you all to bombard me with a list of failed signings now!)

EP has Coppell stating he is training with us this week and he will make a decision on a perm deal by then. So he is on trial.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Aug 2006 11:17

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Wycombe Royal
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Every Villa fan say he's the worst player they've had in recent times and when you consider who they've had that is really saying something.

Every Villa fan? Are you sure?

From what I have read they say he is inconsistent but can have some brilliant games. They also say he is better going forward than he is defensively and is a model professional who just gets on with it.

They wish him the best and think he could enjoy better times at another club.

Maybe, but at the end of the day if he was good enough as a squad player for a lower level Pemiership side then why did Villa let him go??

So just because a player is released by a club they are crap. Good thinking.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 22 Aug 2006 11:17

Stranded
79Royal I haven't read anywhere that he is on trial with us. Could it not be a case of him training with us to keep fit?

Coppell would only make a move for him if he felt it worthy. Paul Brooker aside, I can't think of one bad signing he's made yet. (I'll wait for you all to bombard me with a list of failed signings now!)

EP has Coppell stating he is training with us this week and he will make a decision on a perm deal by then. So he is on trial.

I hadn't read that. Thanks for the update!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Aug 2006 11:20

Flyingkiwi Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the joker that was sent off in a freindly for violent conduct isn't it? If we sign him, even on loan, won't he have to sit out a three match suspension??

Actually, I have not heard a squeak about the referee reporting Bikey to the relevant authorities. In fact, it wasn't a proper sending off, was it? The referee allowed Reading to subsitute him for another player.

I doubt he will be suspended.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 22 Aug 2006 11:23

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe If he was training for Sheff Utd everyone would be have a massive laugh, going on about what an idiot Warnock and how we're so lucky that Coppell doesn't go round trying to bring in any useless Premiership rejects just because they are availiable. People have spent the whole summer on this board saying how players like this are the exact opposite of what we need, so what's changed??

Every Villa fan say he's the worst player they've had in recent times and when you consider who they've had that is really saying something.

The success of the squad last season was that it was full of players who could push the players in the 1st eleven, someone like De La Cruz would be a massive step back form a succesful formula.

The only difference is, Colin would spend £5million on him and give him a 4 year deal :wink:. We've just lost an experienced full back and are looking at a replacement. There is no guaranteed start but having cover for Murty is vital, especially given a) the first game and b) his injury record. Halls SO FAR hasn't done himself justice, he is a good player we all saw it at Stoke. He was arguably the best RB in the CCC 2 seasons ago so the talent is there and he has time on his side.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 22 Aug 2006 11:28

Who cares if he's any good or too old.

Sign him, Steve. :wink:

The more, the merrier.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Aug 2006 11:54

kilgannon and elliot bids being prepared by stevie c on the bbc website

does this mean we are giving up on mensah-fae-bikey and settling for championship players?
do u reckon they are good enough to displace any first teamers?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2006 11:55

brendywendy kilgannon and elliot bids being prepared by stevie c on the bbc website

does this mean we are giving up on mensah-fae-bikey and settling for championship players?
do u reckon they are good enough to displace any first teamers?

Bikey should be in on loan by the close of the window.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Aug 2006 11:58

if we get kilgannon, elliot ,delacruz and bikey id be much less nervous about injuries this season, and lots of people would have to rewrite their season previews and delete the bits that say we havent bought enough people in.

heard a wierd rumour about salgado(striker)on loan from real madrid??!!

but surely that cant be true

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Aug 2006 12:08

brendywendy heard a wierd rumour about salgado(striker)on loan from real madrid??!!

Isn't he a defender and there is no chance of it happening.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Aug 2006 12:09

i know, just heard the rumour,
its just nice to be associated with such a move even if its total piffle and balderdash

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2006 12:14

brendywendy i know, just heard the rumour,
its just nice to be associated with such a move even if its total piffle and balderdash

Depends where you heard it surely? Anybody can start a rumour.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 22 Aug 2006 12:18

Stranded

Can they?

Right.

I heard that we may be getting some more players before the transfer deadline.

You heard it here first.

:lol:

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 22 Aug 2006 12:21

Gordons Cumming Who cares if he's any good or too old.

Sign him, Steve. :wink:

The more, the merrier.

That's the spirit. I'm in good shape......Steve, Wally, KEV!!!

Gordy for kit man!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2006 12:21

Gordons Cumming
Stranded

Can they?

Right.

I heard that we may be getting some more players before the transfer deadline.

You heard it here first.

:lol:

Sorry, anybody except GC can start a rumour. :wink: :lol:
Last edited by Stranded on 22 Aug 2006 12:22, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Aug 2006 12:22

Stranded Depends where you heard it surely? Anybody can start a rumour.

That's right, we're still waiting for Robbie Fowler to come to us.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 22 Aug 2006 12:23

Stranded
Sorry, anybody except GC can start a rumour. :wink: :lol:

Bollocks

Don't oppress me. :evil:

I heard a rumour that Stranded was trying to oppress.................... :oops:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Aug 2006 13:26

Alan Partridge
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe If he was training for Sheff Utd everyone would be have a massive laugh, going on about what an idiot Warnock and how we're so lucky that Coppell doesn't go round trying to bring in any useless Premiership rejects just because they are availiable. People have spent the whole summer on this board saying how players like this are the exact opposite of what we need, so what's changed??

Every Villa fan say he's the worst player they've had in recent times and when you consider who they've had that is really saying something.

The success of the squad last season was that it was full of players who could push the players in the 1st eleven, someone like De La Cruz would be a massive step back form a succesful formula.

The only difference is, Colin would spend £5million on him and give him a 4 year deal :wink:. We've just lost an experienced full back and are looking at a replacement. There is no guaranteed start but having cover for Murty is vital, especially given a) the first game and b) his injury record. Halls SO FAR hasn't done himself justice, he is a good player we all saw it at Stoke. He was arguably the best RB in the CCC 2 seasons ago so the talent is there and he has time on his side.

From what I've seen of Gunnarsson at right back, I think he might be Murts no2 this season but I totally agree with your take on the possible Dela Cruz acquisition.

Last week "Prem experience" was all the rage, now, even with World Cup appearances and no fee required this, apparrantly, isn't good enough for someone who might never make our bench :P

To state the obvious, we are just days away from transfer window closure having lost a very versatile defender.

Frankly, especially given the low risk attached to this potential deal, I can't believe we have those amongst us who are prepared rubbish the whole idea and therefore not trust Steve Coppel to make the right choice.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Aug 2006 17:09

Woodcote Royal From what I've seen of Gunnarsson at right back, I think he might be Murts no2 this season but I totally agree with your take on the possible Dela Cruz acquisition.

What and make Halls 3rd choice!!!!!

Joking aside, Gunnarsson has enough on has plate competing and covering the centre midfield all on his own, not to mention the centre backs and right wing spot as he did on Saturday (making Oster 4th choice maybe?)

Woodcote Royal Last week "Prem experience" was all the rage, now, even with World Cup appearances and no fee required this, apparrantly, isn't good enough for someone who might never make our bench :P

To state the obvious, we are just days away from transfer window closure having lost a very versatile defender.

Frankly, especially given the low risk attached to this potential deal, I can't believe we have those amongst us who are prepared rubbish the whole idea and therefore not trust Steve Coppel to make the right choice.

Agreed. We need a few extra players even if they aren't ones we'd have fancied a few weeks ago. Only those behind the scenes know who else we might get in between now and the window but beggers can't be choosers and Cruz may be the best we can get.