IS Villa game on TV?

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 23 Aug 2006 15:51

Stranded
Gav Depends how long the delay is on their coverage... Anyone found out yet.

Plus, I think I might get the train, it'll be a long walk from Bracknell!!

8.45 kick off apparently so 1hr delay.

Ooh, I make make the trip then.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 23 Aug 2006 15:58

Aljazeera are the Arabic channel showing live Premier league games. It is a channel that SKY viewers can subscribe to for a very cheap price and they show 3:00pm Saturday games live.

Much more Premier League games shown on there than SKY Sports plus you get the added benefit of not having to put up with Andy Gray

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 23 Aug 2006 15:59

I've got Al Jazeera on my Sky package, but I haven't specially subscribed to it. It just happens to be there..... Channel 799. Is that what you are referring to? I didn't realise they show EPL games!

andyhalls

by andyhalls » 23 Aug 2006 16:50

Top Flight I've got Al Jazeera on my Sky package, but I haven't specially subscribed to it. It just happens to be there..... Channel 799. Is that what you are referring to? I didn't realise they show EPL games!

Does that mean we can watch tonights game on Al Jazeera? :?

spikeyroyal

by spikeyroyal » 23 Aug 2006 16:57

soggy biscuit Aljazeera are the Arabic channel showing live Premier league games. It is a channel that SKY viewers can subscribe to for a very cheap price and they show 3:00pm Saturday games live.

Much more Premier League games shown on there than SKY Sports plus you get the added benefit of not having to put up with Andy Gray

i can assure everyone that channel 799 aljazeera in the uk dont show prem games live..Robert murdoch wouldt be that silly

:o

HighburyRoyale

by HighburyRoyale » 23 Aug 2006 16:59

andyhalls
Top Flight I've got Al Jazeera on my Sky package, but I haven't specially subscribed to it. It just happens to be there..... Channel 799. Is that what you are referring to? I didn't realise they show EPL games!

Does that mean we can watch tonights game on Al Jazeera? :?

Doesn't look like it on SKY's listings on their site

Don't forget that MOTD is on tonight too.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 23 Aug 2006 17:05

spikeyroyal
soggy biscuit Aljazeera are the Arabic channel showing live Premier league games. It is a channel that SKY viewers can subscribe to for a very cheap price and they show 3:00pm Saturday games live.

i can assure everyone that channel 799 aljazeera in the uk dont show prem games live..Robert murdoch wouldt be that silly

I saw a game when on holiday last week in Tenerife. It was on Aljazeera Sport channel.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 23 Aug 2006 17:14

MartinRdg
spikeyroyal

I saw a game when on holiday last week in Tenerife. It was on Aljazeera Sport channel.

Correctamundo Cunningham. It is a Channel that needs subscribing to unlike the basic Aljazeera channel.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 23 Aug 2006 17:35

I've decided I'm gonna watch Charlton vs United, then flick over to Football First for the main event.

It's really quite immense to be spoilt for choice like this... I hope we never leave the Prem! :wink: :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2006 17:37

Gav I've decided I'm gonna watch Charlton vs United, then flick over to Football First for the main event.

It's really quite immense to be spoilt for choice like this... I hope we never leave the Prem! :wink: :lol:

As long as you realise that you will know the score by the time FF starts by watching the live game.

That's of course assuming you wanted to avoid the result.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 23 Aug 2006 17:38

Stranded
Gav I've decided I'm gonna watch Charlton vs United, then flick over to Football First for the main event.

As long as you realise that you will know the score by the time FF starts by watching the live game.

That's of course assuming you wanted to avoid the result.

Sh*t!!!

Dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit...

I might go to the Rose and Thistle then.

scutterbucket

by scutterbucket » 23 Aug 2006 18:02

A friend has just told me that they are not showing tonights game in the R&T. Its just the saturday games.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 23 Aug 2006 18:04

scutterbucket A friend has just told me that they are not showing tonights game in the R&T. Its just the saturday games.

Aaaarrrrggghh!!!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2006 18:10

scutterbucket A friend has just told me that they are not showing tonights game in the R&T. Its just the saturday games.

Really, damn. SB1871 must have been given duff info then. Might still pop down for a pint on the off chance.

scutterbucket

by scutterbucket » 23 Aug 2006 18:10

Has anyone got a definate confirmation on where they will be showing the game?

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 23 Aug 2006 18:15

MartinRdg I saw a game when on holiday last week in Tenerife. It was on Aljazeera Sport channel.

I was gonna say --can't imagine plain ol' Al-Jazeera pre-empting live coverage of a "Death to Western Civilization" street rally for something so trifling and decadent as English Premier League football...

soggy biscuit Correctamundo Cunningham. It is a Channel that needs subscribing to unlike the basic Aljazeera channel.

I had thought that I was the only individual on the planet --aside of course from "The Fonz"-- who employed that phrase.

I'm feeling significantly better for the news.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 23 Aug 2006 18:17

RoyalChicagoFC
MartinRdg I saw a game when on holiday last week in Tenerife. It was on Aljazeera Sport channel.

I was gonna say --can't imagine plain ol' Al-Jazeera pre-empting live coverage of a "Death to Western Civilization" street rally for something so trifling and decadent as English Premier League football...

soggy biscuit Correctamundo Cunningham. It is a Channel that needs subscribing to unlike the basic Aljazeera channel.

I had thought that I was the only individual on the planet --aside of course from "The Fonz"-- who employed that phrase.

I'm feeling significantly better for the news.

More importantly RC, can you confirm or deny whether or not the Rose and Thistle is showing the game tonight on an hours delay, Kick Off 8:45?

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 23 Aug 2006 18:21

My sources inside the R&T aren't returning my calls, for some reason. :?

Rotza ruck anyway, gang --ain't on here, either.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 23 Aug 2006 18:34

Just phoned em...

Apparently they ARE showing it, after the Charlton/Utd game, with kick off around 9:30 due to delays.

That writes off getting the train then (last one 11:12), and as I'm wounded, I can't drive.

Football First it is then.

:cry:

Maryland Royal

by Maryland Royal » 24 Aug 2006 00:26

Apparently it was on South Korean TV; Seol's assist at http://soccer1.ktdom.com/bbs/zboard.php ... sc&no=6141