Lita in trouble in Brizzle?

341 posts
zac naloen

by zac naloen » 30 Aug 2006 17:58

I've always been appalled by Reading's reluctance to buy African players. However after Bikey and Lita's headbutts, and Sonko's red card, I'm starting to come around to the point of view that perhaps these people have something intrinsicly wrong with them.

I can't really lay the blame on sonko for his Red.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 30 Aug 2006 17:59

But Luke Moore dived. And he's black.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 30 Aug 2006 18:00

zac naloen
SpaceCruiser
I never said you did, but I said you suggested.

Except that i didn't suggest it all, you're just imagining things

Ok....so I imagined reading your words about you not getting into fights. I must need my eyes testing.

zac naloen
Right. So why say that you don't get into fights if that has nothing to do with what Leroy gets up to?

I say it because believe it or not spacey its pretty easy to avoid getting in fights. What you do is you walk away. Its a little suspicious that trouble seems to find certain people and not others. These people need to look at themselves and how they act and not act like utter pricks in public.

I'd say, yes, it is pretty easy to avoid trouble when you know how. Sometimes, you just can't avoid it. But that's not the point. With that statement, you were implying that Leroy Lita gets into a scrap on a regular basis. How many times have we heard of him getting into trouble? Two. That's just it. Two. And how do you know he acts like a prick in public? Do you follow every move of his? Or just base it on gossip?

zac naloen
Again, what of it? I was replying to somebody who seemed to imply that Lita had done something so bad to warrant a warning. Is being bottled something so bad? All I remember is that the club recommended that he avoid these situations in the future. I do not know of any personal warnings or anything like "One more like that and you're sacked."

Again your ignoring the crux of the problem. Lita is a professional athlete. He cost his club over a million to employ and millions more to keep employed and he flaunts that, jeopardising his employers trust in him and the responsibility put in him by going out and getting into situations which are easily avoided if you have more than two brain cells. These charges reflect badly on the club as a whole and not just Lita. Thats my entire point which you seem too brain dead to see.

Oh, so I am ignoring the crux of the problem, am I? All I did say that he shouldn't be kicked out of the club, just because he's been in trouble only twice. And I was questioning whether he has really been warned. I know it looks bad, but you are still jumping to conclusions, that he gets into fights. How do we know what really happened, before the details of the case is fully known?

zac naloen My relation to the fact that I and everyone I know can go out and get drunk, have a good time and NOT get into fights is testimony to the fact that going out and getting drunk does not immediately equate to violence.

No, you are absolutely right and I applaud you for it. However, is that what Leroy Lita does, gets drunk and goes looking for violence?

zac naloen This is the second time Lita has been involved in violence, perhaps he needs to look at his attitude or else his career will go down the pan.

Ok, second time in, what, how many years? Is he really such an hardened criminal?

zac naloen I'm not one of the ones suggesting he should be kicked out btw spacey, I think he's a good player who needs to get his act together or waste it all away.

I'm glad to read that you don't think he should be kicked out, but his act? Again, you are making assumptions based on gossip that he is a prick. Personally, I don't think he will waste it away, he's a good player who will score a few goals.

ferret

by ferret » 30 Aug 2006 18:08

Maguire
Royal Lady it meant he wasn't available as cover for Marcus. Not very mature behaviour. I'm sure if I had to miss work due to being arrested or injured of my own doing, my company wouldn't be paying me for a start. Whether Lita is guilty or not, he should be reined in by Coppell.

I've always been appalled by Reading's reluctance to buy African players. However after Bikey and Lita's headbutts, and Sonko's red card, I'm starting to come around to the point of view that perhaps these people have something intrinsicly wrong with them.

:roll:

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 30 Aug 2006 18:19

To be fair to Leroy he didn't ask anyone to sell/buy him for such a large amount of money. I'm also certain that as part of our scouting process his 'off the pitch' attitude and life-style would have been looked at and deemed fit for him to be integrated into our reknowned tight-knit squad.

Regarding his perceived arrogance, I personally don't care for arrogant, aloof people but I also appreciate that that sort of attitude (or at least some degree of it) is exactly what is required in an elite sportsman in the 21st Century. Yes a lot of people remember sharing a friendly pint with 'our' players in the local pub in the past but times and attitudes change, as have the pressures often placed on very young mens' shoulders.

We cannot expect 'our' players to share the same attitudes and beliefs as us. However, as a representative/ambassador of RFC, Leroy should be aware of the responsibilities placed on him in return for an excellent salary and a job most of us only dream of. If this means curtailing some of his nocturnal activities then he should accept that and find a balance between enjoying his money and status and at the same time avoiding this type of situation.

On a tangent, why has there been no official comment from the club yet on the arrest of one of our key players for what is a serious offence, with potentially devestating consequences for player and club?

Blue Hooped Moose
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Blue Hooped Moose » 30 Aug 2006 18:26

SpaceCruiser And how do you know he acts like a prick in public?

I've heard from several people (one of whom doesn't even like football) that Leroy does indeed act like a prize cnut when out and about. And these are people I trust. Make of it what you will.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2006 18:27

ferret
Maguire
Royal Lady it meant he wasn't available as cover for Marcus. Not very mature behaviour. I'm sure if I had to miss work due to being arrested or injured of my own doing, my company wouldn't be paying me for a start. Whether Lita is guilty or not, he should be reined in by Coppell.

:roll:
:lol: :lol: You're like Chris Rock you are Mags. :wink:

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 30 Aug 2006 18:27

Royalcop On a tangent, why has there been no official comment from the club yet on the arrest of one of our key players for what is a serious offence, with potentially devestating consequences for player and club?

I imagine they are waiting until they know the full facts of what happened, rather than making a knee jerk reaction, an approach some of the posters on this thread may want to think about.

Bucks Dave

by Bucks Dave » 30 Aug 2006 18:36

If Lita wants our respect then he should base his off field behaviour on one of the best forwards we ever had - Robin Friday.

Oh, hang on......

mzungu_royal

by mzungu_royal » 30 Aug 2006 18:38

RIP ELM Park
Royalcop On a tangent, why has there been no official comment from the club yet on the arrest of one of our key players for what is a serious offence, with potentially devestating consequences for player and club?

I imagine they are waiting until they know the full facts of what happened, rather than making a knee jerk reaction, an approach some of the posters on this thread may want to think about.

To be honest, i've never thought that Lita was that good in the first place. he scored a few goals last season and yes they were important one's.
But on the contrary he reminds me of a past master @ RFC, Byron Glasgow who was also a pain in the backside and rightly so Burnsy kicked him out after several run ins with drugs.
Maybe Lita hasn't been taking drugs but i still think he needs to be told where the boundaries lie and not to always step over them like he has, (now and previously reported occasions).

ferret

by ferret » 30 Aug 2006 18:49

Bucks Dave If Lita wants our respect then he should base his off field behaviour on one of the best forwards we ever had - Robin Friday.

Oh, hang on......

:D

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 30 Aug 2006 19:04

Hoop Blah
rabidbee
Hoop Blah Our players are no different, and Lita and Stack seem to be the ones most likely to make the news for stupid, avoidably incidents like this and if they don't sort themselves out they might find they don't make the most of the opportunity their talents have given them.

What has Stack done (other, obviously, than been acquited of a rape charge)? Did I miss something?

He missed a game or two (it may have just been a Reserve fixture actually) because he and his mates where doing forfeits for losing at poker. It resulted in Stack receiving substantial burning to his back with the hotel iron. He just seems to be another non-entity footballer who thinks his inflated salary makes him gods gift.

Was Stack also not in the paper recently for demolishing a wall in his car on the way to/from a nightclub, breathalysed but negative?

Seems that this sort of thing is attracted to certain players like flies to shit.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 30 Aug 2006 19:06

I thought that was Titus Bramble?

bracknell loyal royal!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bracknell loyal royal! » 30 Aug 2006 19:10

ayjaydee
Hoop Blah
rabidbee
Hoop Blah Our players are no different, and Lita and Stack seem to be the ones most likely to make the news for stupid, avoidably incidents like this and if they don't sort themselves out they might find they don't make the most of the opportunity their talents have given them.

What has Stack done (other, obviously, than been acquited of a rape charge)? Did I miss something?

He missed a game or two (it may have just been a Reserve fixture actually) because he and his mates where doing forfeits for losing at poker. It resulted in Stack receiving substantial burning to his back with the hotel iron. He just seems to be another non-entity footballer who thinks his inflated salary makes him gods gift.

Was Stack also not in the paper recently for demolishing a wall in his car on the way to/from a nightclub, breathalysed but negative?

Seems that this sort of thing is attracted to certain players like flies to shit.

That was RA winding people up, changing the name Titus Bramble to Graham Stack. :lol:

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 30 Aug 2006 19:27

As Royalcop has noted, strange that there's been no word on Pravda ((c) PP) on this all day.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 30 Aug 2006 19:33

bracknell loyal royal!
ayjaydee
Hoop Blah
rabidbee

That was RA winding people up, changing the name Titus Bramble to Graham Stack. :lol:

That may well be true, but is the same Graham Stack that thought it funny to try to wear a wig at the club photo shoot, about as adult as the hands on another players knees thing.

If players want to extract the golden fluid, then do it within the club, and do not take the p!ss out fof the people that pay your inflated wages, or those people will take the option not to pay the money that makes up your wages.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Aug 2006 19:43

Maguire

"These people"???? Africans, blacks, who? Was Sonko not one of the cleanest players in the division last year?

FYI Africa is home to some of the most intrinsicly peaceful people in he world. Places like Cameroon for example - hundreds of tribes living side by side with no war ever fought between them. Something the rest of the world could learn from.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 30 Aug 2006 19:48

Not to forget that while Stack was not guilty of rape, he was banging a drunken complete stranger in one room (with his mate!) while his girlfriend was in the adjacent room...

Memories Of India

by Memories Of India » 30 Aug 2006 19:54

Platypuss Not to forget that while Stack was not guilty of rape, he was banging a drunken complete stranger in one room (with his mate!) while his girlfriend was in the adjacent room...

Lighten up Grandad, we've all done that.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 30 Aug 2006 19:56

Memories Of India
Platypuss Not to forget that while Stack was not guilty of rape, he was banging a drunken complete stranger in one room (with his mate!) while his girlfriend was in the adjacent room...

Lighten up Grandad, we've all done that.

But he actually stopped when his girlfriend called out to ask what he was doing - under the thumb or what.

341 posts