Lita in trouble in Brizzle?

341 posts
Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 31 Aug 2006 17:21

I thought there was an amusing irony about the OS presentation. "Neither the club nor the player will make any further comment at this time" immmediately followed by Steve Coppell's remarks starting with "I'm disappointed".

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 31 Aug 2006 17:23

SpaceCruiser
zac naloen
SpaceCruiser But has he been charged?

If he hasn't been charged he wouldn't have had to be released on bail.

So, is he guilty then, or not?

Look, The Sun says that he did it = He did it.

:wink:

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 31 Aug 2006 17:30

handbags_harris
The Insider If it was a black eye it could be dismissed as handbags

Oi! Watch it!

I think Leroy's been a very very silly man who's shown a massive lack of integrity and honesty towards a) himself, b) Reading FC and Steve Coppell in particular. For that fact alone he should be punished. We know for a fact that he went on a night out in Bristol immediately after returning from the Wigan game and that goes completely against the word that he gave Steve in February. As a result he should be punished for that. Leroy has bought himself, Reading FC, and football in general into disrepute with his actions. If he stays at the club, which I think he will, he'll be in a last chance saloon. Any more activity of this sort and he should be shipped out because this is NOT the sort of publicity Reading FC desires, or is used to.

I agree that this sort of thing does no favours to Reading FC and Coppell needs to let him know that the club is a lot bigger than he is.

However I would be much more concerned if he did a Ben Thatcher on the pitch wearing a Reading shirt.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 31 Aug 2006 17:34

Woodcote Royal
Gav 'It may effect team selection.'

Doyle and Long against Man City? Fantastic :roll:

How could that be any worse than Doyle and Lita against Wigan?

It was more a criticism of our lack of choices. We have no 'selection' to make if Coppell won't play Leroy

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Aug 2006 17:42

Maguire
2 world wars, 1 world cup
Maguire
Royal Lady it meant he wasn't available as cover for Marcus. Not very mature behaviour. I'm sure if I had to miss work due to being arrested or injured of my own doing, my company wouldn't be paying me for a start. Whether Lita is guilty or not, he should be reined in by Coppell.

I've always been appalled by Reading's reluctance to buy African players. However after Bikey and Lita's headbutts, and Sonko's red card, I'm starting to come around to the point of view that perhaps these people have something intrinsicly wrong with them.

"These people"???? Africans, blacks, who? Was Sonko not one of the cleanest players in the division last year?

FYI Africa is home to some of the most intrinsicly peaceful people in he world. Places like Cameroon for example - hundreds of tribes living side by side with no war ever fought between them. Something the rest of the world could learn from.

I have to say I found my all-inclusive deal to Sierra Leone remarkably relaxing last year. Following my time spent backpacking Rwanda in 1994 and the ill-fated football tour to Congo in 2001 I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

Funny. Even funnier is that of the entirety of Africa - a continent several times bigger than ours, you chose those few places - must have taken some serious thought.

Of course, if Africa was anything like our beloved peaceful continent, you wouldn't have to think too hard - every inch of land on this continent is drenched with the blood of war. Take your pick. If only we'd learned something from the tribes of Cameroon eh?

Pity that the teaching had to go the other way: the trouble in those places all stem from the bloodthirsty likes of us in the first place. I wonder if your all inclusive deal included dividing and exploiting the locals.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 31 Aug 2006 17:44

Er, 2WW1WC, there hasn't been a major battle on the British Isles for many many years.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 31 Aug 2006 17:50

Maguire
Maguire
Royal Lady it meant he wasn't available as cover for Marcus. Not very mature behaviour. I'm sure if I had to miss work due to being arrested or injured of my own doing, my company wouldn't be paying me for a start. Whether Lita is guilty or not, he should be reined in by Coppell.

I've always been appalled by Reading's reluctance to buy African players. However after Bikey and Lita's headbutts, and Sonko's red card, I'm starting to come around to the point of view that perhaps these people have something intrinsicly wrong with them.

"These people"???? Africans, blacks, who? Was Sonko not one of the cleanest players in the division last year?

FYI Africa is home to some of the most intrinsicly peaceful people in he world. Places like Cameroon for example - hundreds of tribes living side by side with no war ever fought between them. Something the rest of the world could learn from.

I have to say I found my all-inclusive deal to Sierra Leone remarkably relaxing last year. Following my time spent backpacking Rwanda in 1994 and the ill-fated football tour to Congo in 2001 I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

Funny. Even funnier is that of the entirety of Africa - a continent several times bigger than ours, you chose those few places - must have taken some serious thought.

Of course, if Africa was anything like our beloved peaceful continent, you wouldn't have to think too hard - every inch of land on this continent is drenched with the blood of war. Take your pick. If only we'd learned something from the tribes of Cameroon eh?

Pity that the teaching had to go the other way: the trouble in those places all stem from the bloodthirsty likes of us in the first place. I wonder if your all inclusive deal included dividing and exploiting the locals.

That nature trail in Mogadishu was really something, I can tell you.

Anyway look on the bright side, if we'd learnt something from the tribes of Cameroon then you'd have to think of a new username.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2006 17:52

SpaceCruiser Er, 2WW1WC, there hasn't been a major battle on the British Isles for many many years.

Thats because we take our trouble elsewhere you prick.

Our nation has been envolved in war quite a lot in recent years and a lot of people died in Britain during thesecond world war. I'd say thats recent drenching in blood.

Then theres the conflict against the IRA, July 7th.

take off your blinkers

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 31 Aug 2006 17:55

handbags_harris
The Insider If it was a black eye it could be dismissed as handbags

Oi! Watch it!

I think Leroy's been a very very silly man who's shown a massive lack of integrity and honesty towards a) himself, b) Reading FC and Steve Coppell in particular. For that fact alone he should be punished. We know for a fact that he went on a night out in Bristol immediately after returning from the Wigan game and that goes completely against the word that he gave Steve in February. As a result he should be punished for that. Leroy has bought himself, Reading FC, and football in general into disrepute with his actions. If he stays at the club, which I think he will, he'll be in a last chance saloon. Any more activity of this sort and he should be shipped out because this is NOT the sort of publicity Reading FC desires, or is used to.

Great post. He was a fool getting glassed in Bristol 1st time round, meaning he missed the match at Sheffield United which he would have started as he was the in-form striker at the time, however lost his spot to Kitson who had returned from injury and quite rightly so.He's a young, Premiership striker who has the world at his feet however not one player is bigger than the club, and unless he grows up he'll soon be an ex Premiership player.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 31 Aug 2006 17:59

Ian Royal
SpaceCruiser Er, 2WW1WC, there hasn't been a major battle on the British Isles for many many years.

Our nation has been envolved in war quite a lot in recent years and a lot of people died in Britain during thesecond world war. I'd say thats recent drenching in blood.

take off your blinkers

Whoa. Chill out there, where did I deny any of that, I was just pointing out a fact. :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2006 18:01

SpaceCruiser
Ian Royal

take off your blinkers

Whoa. Chill out there, where did I deny any of that, I was just pointing out a fact. :roll:

Sorry I'm still in be angry at "rfcmongjoe"* for being such an irritating little turd

(C) Spacecruiser

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 31 Aug 2006 18:42

I understand that his rude boi mates probably live in Bristol with it being his previous residence, but why does he keep going back?? What an idiot, seriously. More and more trouble everytime.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 31 Aug 2006 18:44

retro royal
KC Royal Isnt this the 3rd time this has happened since he's been with us, or am i barking up the wrong tree here?

I also thought there was another incident, straight after signing for us, but can't remember what

He got caught up in a fight on the "horned bridge" on the harbourside and hurt his leg. This was palmed off at the time as "shin-problems" IIRC. He seems to be a fan of the headbutt does our Leroy - as a certain Mr Murray would testify...........

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 31 Aug 2006 19:38

Most confusing headline of the week?

Reading Chronicle:

"Coppell lashes out at Lita after brawl"

MC ROYAL

by MC ROYAL » 31 Aug 2006 19:54

This obviously shows how angry Leroy was for missing his chance and losing against Wigan, showing he cares about the club.

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 31 Aug 2006 20:52

Steve Coppell said that he wants to give the strikers until the January window to see how they get on. Personally, if i was SC, I would be thinking about making an offer for somone like David Healey or David Nugent right at this moment.

What is wrong with footballers like Leroy? You are attacked in an incident and you go out of your way to put yourself back in the same environment?

After all the support he got from the club and the manager with the injury and the first incident he has effectively said that I don't think enough about the Club to repay that support by being sensible.

Well if he likes being in Bristol so much he can F**k off back there in my opinion.

Or maybe he can prove me wrong by starting to repay some of the fee and wages invested in him so far; to me there is not much evidence of that yet.

I think that Coppell may have been about to drop him on merit; it will almost certainly happen now.

Most liekly there'll be a loan deal to a League club in the offing.

Can't wait to hear about Leroy and Bikey's first night out in Oxford?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Aug 2006 22:29

Maguire
Maguire
Maguire

That nature trail in Mogadishu was really something, I can tell you.

Anyway look on the bright side, if we'd learnt something from the tribes of Cameroon then you'd have to think of a new username.

True :)

But that'd never happen because all whites like us have something intrinsicly wrong with us. :P :wink:

topfuller

by topfuller » 01 Sep 2006 00:20

I wonder if he was mashed... missed the goal at wigan.. knows it.. so went out to forget it... only it all got out of hand.

so who else on here is going to say they have never reacted like that.. oxf*rd up at work .. in a relationship .. whatever.. go out get pissed .. mess up.

go on throw that stone ..

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Sep 2006 00:21

Fair enough - but I wouldn't drive to Bristol to do it.

topfuller

by topfuller » 01 Sep 2006 00:23

Platypuss Fair enough - but I wouldn't drive to Bristol to do it.

Yes you would if you had no friends in Reading .. Bristol is doable for a night out with mates

341 posts