Back from the game - QPR

191 posts
Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

Re: Back from the game - QPR

by Row Z Royal » 07 Nov 2010 16:52

Bandini and the guy a bit to the right of the goal having the staring contest with the steward in the last few minutes appeared to be an utter twat - he must have been late 20s/early 30s, but came across as being a petulant toddler.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Nov 2010 16:58

floyd__streete
rhroyal LOL at anybody who hated the 4-5-1 under Pardew and the good football we played in that 02/03 season.

In 02/03 we had the players to play that system. Forster was absolute quality up front, making chances for himself and tormenting defences. Shane LOLong isn't capable of doing that, simple as. Compare and contrast the 02/03 and 10/11 sides:

Hahnemann/Federici
Shorey/Harte
Murty/Griffin
Williams/Mills
Brown/Zurab
Salako/McAnuff
Hughes/Kebe
Harper/Tabb
Watson/Howard
Newman/Karacan
Forster/Long

02/03 a better side for me. Far more entertaining to watch too.

I like Howard as a player but I would rate Kevin Watson above him. Watson was a much under-rated player as cultured, as opposed to hustle bustle, players often are amongst the Reading following.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 07 Nov 2010 17:07

Maybe at the cardiff game instead of watching the team come out and play, we can have the reading financial team come out and give us a powerpoint presentation about how financially viable and stable we are compared to everyone else. We can all leave the ground knowing that when the other 90 odd league teams all go bust, we'll be champions league material.

Watch out Real Madrid, Reading FC are coming to attack you with our stable bank balance.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 07 Nov 2010 17:12

Dan - B15 Royal
Big Foot If Gylfi went for £7M then Tarabbt is a £10M player all day long

not sure i agree with that, i would much rather have gylfi in my side. Not many teams would want to pay more than £7mil for a championship player, and that includes taratwat in my view.

Sigurdsson never bossed a game like Taraabt did yesterday, he was quite simply a class above and took the piss out of all 14 players who made it on all day long

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 07 Nov 2010 17:21

He won't and hasn't had it that easy when QPR have played the good sides in this division, when its against the lesser teams like us its expected.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 07 Nov 2010 17:22

Yesterday we simply weren't good enough. QPR are a good side but are nothing that special. We didn't get close enough to Taarabt and we didn't give away fouls and break up play like they did. Howard didn't need to dive in for the penalty and Taarabt should never have got through 2 defenders that easily.

I was disappointed not to see us come out 4-4-2 at the start of the second half and really try and mount the pressure up on them. They scored at good times, just when we were building momentum and just after our goal, although you could tell from the away end the freekick for the third goal is never a foul. However, how is no Reading player following it up and helping Federici out after he made a pretty decent save.

2 frustrating things for me yesterday- our wingers had no end product i don't think there was one decent cross into the box, and why we never tested a forward playing at right back is beyond me.
the second one- Long one his majority of headers up there on his own and not one person was gambling off him. If we are to play that formation people need to gamble

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 07 Nov 2010 17:28

Good to see someone add Upson to the mix on the comparisons, Sidwell then joined in Jan, we also had Little and Chadwick on loans, Curo, Butler trying to come back from injury, and a young Tyson, hoping to break through.

However good we seemed to be, at any point in that season we really did seem to want to add to the squad, it felt positive, and improving, lets hope that BM can get that feeling soon this season, as a promotion place has to be possible.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Nov 2010 17:48

We were utterly useless yesterday. Get rid of this 4-5-1 crap please Brian.

And to Shane Long, scoring your first goal from open play in 12 games is not really a hand to the ear moment. DICK.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 07 Nov 2010 17:57

FiNeRaIn Maybe at the cardiff game instead of watching the team come out and play, we can have the reading financial team come out and give us a powerpoint presentation about how financially viable and stable we are compared to everyone else. We can all leave the ground knowing that when the other 90 odd league teams all go bust, we'll be champions league material.

Watch out Real Madrid, Reading FC are coming to attack you with our stable bank balance.

:roll:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 07 Nov 2010 17:57

winchester_royal And to Shane Long, scoring your first goal from open play in 12 games is not really a hand to the ear moment. DICK.

Is that what he did? I can't say I noticed, I didn't even celebrate the goal such was my indifference at the performance yesterday. If he celebrated in that way then that only serves to confirm my growing suspicion that LOLong is in fact a bit of a chopsy twat.

"Ah, ye loike dat don't ye"

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 07 Nov 2010 17:59

Long - 6 - Goal was the only thing of note.

harsh- and the goals worth a 7 on its own

winchester_royal And to Shane Long, scoring your first goal from open play in 12 games is not really a hand to the ear moment. DICK.

was agreat goal, and if kebe is allowed to do it after all that stick, then shlong can too as far as im concerened.

absolute peach of a goal, and did a great job as lone striker yet again.

just give th ecredit when its deserved ffs

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 07 Nov 2010 18:06

brendywendy

was agreat goal, and if kebe is allowed to do it after all that stick, then shlong can too as far as im concerened.

I will give him credit, and say it's a good goal.

But it absolutely does NOT justify that total lack of respect to the fans who pay his wages. Especially when we're still one goal down and playing like utter dog shit.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 07 Nov 2010 18:20

And therein lies the truth, these players all earn £400k a year, or more, and they then take the piss when they manage to do what they are paid to do. Get excited by all means, add to the mix, but do not take the fecking piss Shane.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 07 Nov 2010 18:41

winchester_royal
brendywendy

But it absolutely does NOT justify that total lack of respect to the fans who pay his wages. Especially when we're still one goal down and playing like utter dog shit.

i let kebe off, i let mills off, ill let long off.

after every instance of reaction to stick, that player has played much better for a while, so fingers crossed

pearcetom

by pearcetom » 07 Nov 2010 18:44

BRIAN MCDERMOTT, NIGEL GIBBS, HALABI AND SAL BIBBOOOO. WOOOAAHHH WOOOAAHHH WOAH!........

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 07 Nov 2010 18:56

winchester_royal
brendywendy

Fans pay his wages.
Lack of respect.

Two complete-load-of-bollocks-talksportesque statements that piss me off no end.

I didn'nt notice him make the gesture, but IF he did, then it was a good point well made. The 'Long-time to go' thread is 38 pages long (ok, 37 of them are Snowball!) because so many people think he's no good. He knows we think that and after scoring a belter he makes a gesture that says "what do you think of that then eh?!". How on earth is that a lack of respect!

And lets be honest, we don't pay his wages and I do not feel disrespected.

Oh, and one more thing, we weren't playing like utter dogshit, we were just being outclassed away from home by a team who haven't been beaten in the league all season, on double our wages with a player in Faurlin who is was bought for 3.5m and Taarabt who was playing a blinder. :roll:

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 07 Nov 2010 19:04

He's got a bomb in his shinpads, bomb in his shiiiiinpads.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 07 Nov 2010 19:08

Between them Gazzer and PistolPete have covered everything I wanted to say!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Nov 2010 19:17

Big Foot
Sigurdsson never bossed a game like Taraabt did yesterday, he was quite simply a class above and took the piss out of all 14 players who made it on all day long

I LIKE Gylfi a lot more, DIS-like Taarabt, bit you are totally right.

Much as he was a great, great player, I don't ever remember Gylfi "running a game"
but yesterday, Taarabt frightened us to death and was responsible for all 3 goals
and the pass to Faurlin that led to the shot and Hulse's unbelievable miss

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 07 Nov 2010 19:17

PistolPete
Fans pay his wages.
Lack of respect.

Two complete-load-of-bollocks-talksportesque statements that piss me off no end.

I didn'nt notice him make the gesture, but IF he did, then it was a good point well made. The 'Long-time to go' thread is 38 pages long (ok, 37 of them are Snowball!) because so many people think he's no good. He knows we think that and after scoring a belter he makes a gesture that says "what do you think of that then eh?!". How on earth is that a lack of respect!

And lets be honest, we don't pay his wages and I do not feel disrespected.

Oh, and one more thing, we weren't playing like utter dogshit, we were just being outclassed away from home by a team who haven't been beaten in the league all season, on double our wages with a player in Faurlin who is was bought for 3.5m and Taarabt who was playing a blinder. :roll:

Well, given that the club's main source of income is season ticket sales, yes we bloody well do pay his wages.

And given that he is paid handsomely, he has no right to do the whole 'badly done to baby' thing when he finally decides to do his job.

And we were very, very shit yesterday. Taarabt and Faurlin were not the only differences.

191 posts