Kitson reception

123 posts
ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: Kitson reception

by ZacNaloen » 04 Apr 2011 13:39

Yeh him and Fae had not nice things to say when they left.

But if the rumours of Halfords... problem... are accurate. It's no wonder he never went anywhere with us or Sunderland

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Apr 2011 14:50

Barry the bird boggler
brendywendy
KC Royal He did get a good reception although Halford, and surprisingly (to me at least) Ashdown both got booed!

Overheard an interesting conversation between two Pompey fans on the way back to the car park yesterday. They were saying how he may be a legend for us but we can have him back, one said they'd drive him themself, also missing 2 open goals and a great defender for us etc etc. My dad and I chuckled at all this and then more chuckling ensued when they commented that we got 5m for him (which even at his peak i thought was a good deal for us).

As for coming back, no thanks! Coming back the last time soured my opinion of him (more off the pitch with the things that came out around the time). Looked a shadow of his former self yesterday, that was the worst performance i've seen from him. When he's good he's very good but when things aren't going for him he can look lazy and sluggish imo.

ASHDOWN WAS BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE IN THE GROUND DIDNT KNOW WHO HE IS, SO JUST BOOD BECAUSE HE WAS THE FIRST NAME TO BE CALLED OUT FROM THEIR TEAM. HALFORDS WAS A PROPER BOO THOUGH, WHICH AGAIN WAS A BIT SILLY, HE JUST DIDNT DO WELL HERE AND LEFT, ITS NOT LIKE WE HAVE ANY GRUDGE OR OWT

(OOPS CAPS LOCK)

But didn't Halford sput a lot of cobblers in the press about how rubbish we were as a club for not playing him/giving him a chance etc.

tbf to the lad it must have been a shitter while here- signed for big money, couldnt get near the team, and when he did start to play well had a very unlucky handball given agaibnst him and was dropped.

although, of course, i agree, any player who says anything negative about my club ever is a cnut

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 04 Apr 2011 14:52

By all accounts his attitude when he was signed was "I'm teh record signing so I automaticlaly deserve a starting place....." - and he wasn't afraid to let everyone know that.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Apr 2011 15:27

Svlad Cjelli By all accounts his attitude when he was signed was "I'm teh record signing so I automaticlaly deserve a starting place....." - and he wasn't afraid to let everyone know that.

same as fae.

but if it were you, you would think that. i would anyway.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 04 Apr 2011 15:50

Whore Jackie He didn't ignore the Pompey fans though. Clapped them first, and then responded to the Reading fans chants by acknowledging t'other sides of the ground. And then patted his badge.

fcuk him

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Apr 2011 15:54

brendywendy
Svlad Cjelli By all accounts his attitude when he was signed was "I'm teh record signing so I automaticlaly deserve a starting place....." - and he wasn't afraid to let everyone know that.

same as fae.

but if it were you, you would think that. i would anyway.

TBF if either of you were the record signing this place would explode

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Apr 2011 16:00

i should be our record signing

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Apr 2011 16:39

brendywendy i should be our record signing

Brenders, you should be appointed head of SJM communications :wink:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 04 Apr 2011 16:55

ZacNaloen Yeh him and Fae had not nice things to say when they left.

But if the rumours of Halfords... problem... are accurate. It's no wonder he never went anywhere with us or Sunderland

What were the rumours, will someone tell me please? You merely have to say that you have heard that blah, blah, blah. At the end say that you don't believe them yourself. There is a misconception that it is libellious to pass on a rumour. It is not. Only to make the accusation.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 04 Apr 2011 16:56

Man Friday

What were the rumours, will someone tell me please? You merely have to say that you have heard that blah, blah, blah. At the end say that you don't believe them yourself. There is a misconception that it is libellious to pass on a rumour. It is not. Only to make the accusation.

PM sent.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 04 Apr 2011 17:00

I heard he likes it when there's snow

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 04 Apr 2011 17:00

Man Friday

DRUGS!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 04 Apr 2011 17:01

Sorry, quoted the wrong post there.

brendywendy i should be our record signing

DRUGS!

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 04 Apr 2011 17:50

Thanks everybody!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Apr 2011 18:37

Man Friday

And where did you pass your law degree? Perhaps you should ask for a refund of your fees. Or maybe you just relied on something like Wikipedia?!

It is not a misconception and you are incorrect.:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/insur ... 51178.html

Out of court settlement maybe, but no one would cough up £450K unless they were pretty sure they were going to lose if it went to court.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 04 Apr 2011 21:38

Got any examples where it's happened on a football fans' website? (Or indeed any social networking site?)

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 04 Apr 2011 22:05

Svlad Cjelli "I'm teh record signing so I automaticlaly deserve a starting place....."

So you're saying he has a drink problem?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 04 Apr 2011 22:23

That Friday Feeling
Whore Jackie He didn't ignore the Pompey fans though. Clapped them first, and then responded to the Reading fans chants by acknowledging t'other sides of the ground. And then patted his badge.

fcuk him

Ughhh no, he touched where his heart was while looking at the Reading fans, I took that to mean that it meant a lot to him we were giving him an ovation off. Did you want him to take his shirt off and then pat his chest? Get a grip.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 04 Apr 2011 22:28

FiNeRaIn
That Friday Feeling

fcuk him

Ughhh no, he touched where his heart was while looking at the Reading fans, I took that to mean that it meant a lot to him we were giving him an ovation off. Did you want him to take his shirt off and then pat his chest? Get a grip.

Sure he wasn't just making a pitch to move to a financially secure club where he'd be virtually guaranteed a starting place?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 04 Apr 2011 22:34

Na I don't think that.

123 posts