Doncaster Pitch Inspection

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Doncaster Pitch Inspection

by leon » 05 Feb 2012 00:20

paulholsgrove Well. We got to m42, heard it was off and decided to try and get tickets for wba vs swans. Freezing cold sat near the front. (only place we could get tickets). Soon was warmed by the fact wba fans sat behind us in hearing distance, were making comments along the lines of "sigurdsson is the best player on the pitch' and sigurdsson is dominating our midfield'. Just makes you feel a bit more appreciative that we helped develop him, and witness his quality regularly, first hand. Swans fans have been very impressed with him, and are hoping he wants to stay with them next season and maybe longer.

thanks, that doesn't make me feel happy at all.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 05 Feb 2012 00:39

The reports on the press on yesterday's match all highlight Sig's contribution. I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if Chelsea or Man City offer something huge for him in the summer.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 05 Feb 2012 09:11

Think he could go to Arsenal to replace Fabregas

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 05 Feb 2012 09:32

If he starts to look that good mightn't the Germans want him back?

paulholsgrove

by paulholsgrove » 05 Feb 2012 09:52

Could see him being a good replacement for modric if he goes to chelsea, or even gerrard at Liverpool, (gerrard at 34? Probably only have a couple more years of being prime, barring injuries) he's a much better attacking midfielder than Adam, is has youth on his side, gerrard could help 'tutor' him. Imo he's not far off being a top prem player for a big club. Just needs a little more development, which will grow with experience.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Feb 2012 11:02

Snowball If he starts to look that good mightn't the Germans want him back?

If a bigger club in one of the worlds richest leagues wanted him there is nothing a small village club playing in the Bundesliga could do about it. Just like there was nothing a Championship side could do when a small village club playing in one of Europe's top leagues wanted him.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 05 Feb 2012 11:07

Cripple Creek The reports on the press on yesterday's match all highlight Sig's contribution. I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if Chelsea or Man City offer something huge for him in the summer.

Maybe a big-spending Championship side could buy him (back) in the summer and build a team around him?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 05 Feb 2012 17:37

super darren caskey I think the club whos ground it is should reimburse away fans travelling expenses.Its their responsablity to make sure the game goes ahead.Feel sorry for the fans that paid out 50+ on train tickets

What about me?
that's £200 down the swanny and the game I eventually got to see was shit.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 08 Feb 2012 11:26

sandman
Snowball If he starts to look that good mightn't the Germans want him back?

If a bigger club in one of the worlds richest leagues wanted him there is nothing a small village club playing in the Bundesliga could do about it. Just like there was nothing a Championship side could do when a small village club playing in one of Europe's top leagues wanted him.

Plus he has fallen out with his manager.........
http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/ ... care-about
Ps I know the above is a Dodd and I've stolen it too..... :o

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 08 Feb 2012 11:39

Interview with Ernst Tanner, Hoffenheim's sporting director:

"Er wollte sich eigentlich im Sommer schon woanders beweisen. Da konnten wir ihn noch einmal überzeugen, dass er sich unter dem neuen Trainer noch einmal weiterentwickeln kann. Er war wegen einer Verletzung aber die komplette Vorbereitung nicht dabei, weshalb er einfach nicht in Schwung kam. Wir hoffen, dass er in der Premier League jetzt häufig spielt und wieder auf sein Top-Niveau zurückfindet. Dann wird er auch wieder für uns interessant."

Loosely translates as: "he wanted to leave last summer, but we managed to convince him to stay under a new coach. We hope he plays often in the in the Premier League and finds his way back to his top level (performance level I think it means). Then again, he is of interest to us"

Manager of Hoffenheim:

Hoffenheim coach Holger Stanislawski has slammed Gylfi Sigurdsson and Chinedu Obasi, after both players left the club during the January transfer window on loan.

Obasi left the side to join Bundesliga rivals Schalke until the end of the season, while Sigurdsson returned to England to play for Swansea City in a similar deal.

However, it appears unlikely that the duo will be welcomed back by Stanislawski who claims the club had no other choice but to let the two players go due to their poor attitude.

"We knew we had to let Obasi and Sigurdsson leave because they simply no longer cared to play for us," the former St Pauli man told Bild.

With both attacking players absent from the side, Hoffenheim are believed to be saving around €2.5 million in wages for the second half of the season.

Quoted as being available on a transfer for just 4.5m euros. The club should have done something about this but he will probably stay with Brenda now.

Also: http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=116690

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 08 Feb 2012 11:46

I think the thread title should change.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 08 Feb 2012 11:49

I think it should be discussed in the already ongoing thread:

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=110298&start=380

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 08 Feb 2012 11:55

leon
paulholsgrove Well. We got to m42, heard it was off and decided to try and get tickets for wba vs swans. Freezing cold sat near the front. (only place we could get tickets). Soon was warmed by the fact wba fans sat behind us in hearing distance, were making comments along the lines of "sigurdsson is the best player on the pitch' and sigurdsson is dominating our midfield'. Just makes you feel a bit more appreciative that we helped develop him, and witness his quality regularly, first hand. Swans fans have been very impressed with him, and are hoping he wants to stay with them next season and maybe longer.

thanks, that doesn't make me feel happy at all.

+1

It makes for pretty depressing reading. Only positive being that I repeatadly told my QPR obsessed m8 while we still had him, that Sig will be a better player than Tarrabt which he thought was a ridiculous opinion and impossible.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 08 Feb 2012 12:40

For the record I left home at 7am - got to Donny at 1118. Spent 8 hours there until my designated train back at 1928 - got home at 2330. Lolz on me.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 Feb 2012 13:49

The Rouge For the record I left home at 7am - got to Donny at 1118. Spent 8 hours there until my designated train back at 1928 - got home at 2330. Lolz on me.

lol!

What did you do? Get steamed? Were you on your own?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Feb 2012 12:44

Rescheduled for Tuesday 13th March