Ultra Dreadful

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Ultra Dreadful

by Stuka » 10 Mar 2012 20:20

If there was anything to put to bed any notion of singing the 'Ultra Song' just look at the Leicester away support today. Yes, by all means we could "do the gay thing with the scarf" but I put to you it's best we let other clubs get on with that particular display.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 10 Mar 2012 20:37

Stuka If there was anything to put to bed any notion of singing the 'Ultra Song' just look at the Leicester away support today. Yes, by all means we could "do the gay thing with the scarf" but I put to you it's best we let other clubs get on with that particular display.

couldn't agree more, and i don't think they liked the "do the day thing with the scarf" chant lol. great response to an awful, but loud, song.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 11 Mar 2012 12:59

Boring Boring Reading

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 11 Mar 2012 15:17

Friday's Legacy
Stuka If there was anything to put to bed any notion of singing the 'Ultra Song' just look at the Leicester away support today. Yes, by all means we could "do the gay thing with the scarf" but I put to you it's best we let other clubs get on with that particular display.

couldn't agree more, and i don't think they liked the "do the day thing with the scarf" chant lol. great response to an awful, but loud, song.

Enjoyed that one :D

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 11 Mar 2012 17:18

Friday's Legacy

Day!?

Good old floyd 8)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Mar 2012 17:22

I was so pleased at our response to this. Took the piss and reeled off song after song that were far less ubiquitous.

So good to hear virtually all my favourite chants. One complaint (and it's minor) Bill Oddie needs a slightly slower pace (at least to start with), it can then be sustained for a bit longer far easier. I'm guessing it's not likely to be well known to many, so it needs longer to build before it really gets going.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Mar 2012 17:32

Compo's Hat
Friday's Legacy

Day!?

Good old floyd 8)

for some reason we can't edit our posts once you post again, so i couldn't amend my post.

brilliant chant, and a cracker of a response every time we hear that now. it seemed to work!

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 11 Mar 2012 18:27

Friday, Stuka and Ian - couldn't have put it any better!

:D

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 11 Mar 2012 18:37

Maguire Reading-related fact.

Worried About Ray by The Hoosiers (lead singer Irwin Sparkes is from Reading) is basically a rip-off of Happy Together by The Turtles and the guy who wrote the original song has a writing credit for Worried About Ray.

Not only is the lead singer from Wokingham, but if you watch the video for 'Goodbye Mr A' you'll see he's playing as Reading on Fifa!

Legend! 8)

(About 1min 30seconds in)
http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x2xs86_the-hoosiers-goodbye-mr-a_music

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Mar 2012 12:39

Royal Prince
Maguire Reading-related fact.

Worried About Ray by The Hoosiers (lead singer Irwin Sparkes is from Reading) is basically a rip-off of Happy Together by The Turtles and the guy who wrote the original song has a writing credit for Worried About Ray.

Not only is the lead singer from Wokingham, but if you watch the video for 'Goodbye Mr A' you'll see he's playing as Reading on Fifa!

Legend! 8)

(About 1min 30seconds in)
http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x2xs86_the-hoosiers-goodbye-mr-a_music

Made a point of giving a mention to my daughter when she attended a Hoosiers gig wearing her Royals shirt.

A couple of them aren't bad football players either as they talked their way into a soccer scholarship at a University in the US, which I believe in turn led to the band's choice of name.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 12 Mar 2012 13:36

A friend of mine knows Irwin really well. My friend came with us to Man City and Wembley last season and Cov at home a couple of weeks ago and was texting Irwin pics and updates during the games.

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 13 Mar 2012 19:43

dont shoot me down but i actually like it.....creates a lot of noise....and noise is good! :)

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 13 Mar 2012 19:47

Shhhhhh... Don't you know there's a game going on :wink: