Alex Pearce

769 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Alex Pearce

by Ian Royal » 03 Nov 2012 21:42

No idea. I'm baffled.

I just never subscribe to conspiracy what I can put down to stupidity / incompetence unless there's actually some evidence for the conspiracy. And McDermott's the one with the track record, qualifications and who sees them all every day. Maybe he just knows better than most of us and Pearce shouldn't be playing.

Rsince67

by Rsince67 » 03 Nov 2012 21:44

Ian Royal
ManchesterRoyals
Ian Royal
frozen out over contract negotiations mate, McDermott confirmed in interview.

I'd like to see the quote before I accept it as fact.

What other reason is there?

Plenty of possibles.

1) McDermott thinks Gorkss' experience is more important
2) McDermott thinks Gorkss and Pearce together are too slow.
3) Pearce has done something wrong.
4) Pearce is piss awful in training.[/quote]

Can i have a link for any of these please then?

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 03 Nov 2012 21:49

Ian Royal No idea. I'm baffled.

I just never subscribe to conspiracy what I can put down to stupidity / incompetence unless there's actually some evidence for the conspiracy. And McDermott's the one with the track record, qualifications and who sees them all every day. Maybe he just knows better than most of us and Pearce shouldn't be playing.

Im the same as you, just hope its not over contract as that seems stupid, unless hes already gone in Jan

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Nov 2012 21:55

Rsince67
Ian Royal
ManchesterRoyals

What other reason is there?

Plenty of possibles.

1) McDermott thinks Gorkss' experience is more important
2) McDermott thinks Gorkss and Pearce together are too slow.
3) Pearce has done something wrong.
4) Pearce is piss awful in training.

No, because I'm not saying they've been comfirmed as fact by McDermott in an interview. I've suggested them as possibilities. You're a bit slow, aren't you.

winnersh_royal

by winnersh_royal » 03 Nov 2012 21:58

Ian Royal
Rsince67
ManchesterRoyals Can some one tell me the thinking behind not playing him?

frozen out over contract negotiations mate, McDermott confirmed in interview.

On Pearce, Brian commented, "I have had a conversation with Alex, he and his agent are in talks with the club regarding his contract and that needs to be done. It has been ongoing since the Summer, I want him to commit and I hope he will soon." Reading FC official

BMD dosn't deal with negotiations N Hammond does. If talks have been going on since summer then BMD has obviously been instructed from the board above to apply some pressure on the player by dropping him. This is malicious because a character like Pearce, all he wants to do is pull the clubs shirt on and get out on the pitch.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Nov 2012 22:06

only 18 months ago, everybody on "here" wanted him dropped

What goes round goes round etc....where are ya?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Nov 2012 22:07

AthleticoSpizz only 18 months ago, everybody on "here" wanted him dropped

we're all on the hypnosis thread you animal

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Nov 2012 22:08

purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Leon....you are mad

I love you
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 03 Nov 2012 22:09, edited 1 time in total.

Rsince67

by Rsince67 » 03 Nov 2012 22:09

only four months ago we all voted him player of the year! gotta get with the times or you go extinct!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Nov 2012 22:10

Rsince67

only four months ago we all voted him player of the year! gotta get with the times or you go extinct!
yep, we are Chelsea

Rsince67

by Rsince67 » 03 Nov 2012 22:14

Ian Royal
Rsince67

No, because I'm not saying they've been comfirmed as fact by McDermott in an interview. I've suggested them as possibilities. You're a bit slow, aren't you.

"I may not be fast, but I get there in the end.", Holly (episode 2 - Queeg)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Nov 2012 23:10

winnersh_royal
Ian Royal
Rsince67 frozen out over contract negotiations mate, McDermott confirmed in interview.

On Pearce, Brian commented, "I have had a conversation with Alex, he and his agent are in talks with the club regarding his contract and that needs to be done. It has been ongoing since the Summer, I want him to commit and I hope he will soon." Reading FC official

BMD dosn't deal with negotiations N Hammond does. If talks have been going on since summer then BMD has obviously been instructed from the board above to apply some pressure on the player by dropping him. This is malicious because a character like Pearce, all he wants to do is pull the clubs shirt on and get out on the pitch.

Thank you for that. So absolutely nothing there confirming that McDermott has dropped him because he won't sign a contract. Just a load of stupid conspiracy theorists reading something that isn't there.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Nov 2012 23:14

Rsince67
Ian Royal
Rsince67

Think you'll find it's the fifth episode of series two. Or episode eleven if you're counting from the start.

Not having the best time of this are you.

Rsince67

by Rsince67 » 03 Nov 2012 23:27

Ian Royal
Ian Royal
Rsince67

Think you'll find it's the fifth episode of series two. Or episode eleven if you're counting from the start.

Not having the best time of this are you.

you actually looked that up..... :shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Nov 2012 23:41

I've only just rewatched the first couple of series and it happens to be one of my favourites, so I knew you were wrong. But I checked it before I said anything because I had the discs to hand. You struggling with quoting too? Is there anything you can get right tonight?

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 04 Nov 2012 08:16

I wish it was a conspiracy theory but it is the contract issue that's keeping him out of the team Ian. Have it from very good sources (feel free to not believe them) that negotiations have been fairly stagnant for most of the season. Pearce just wants to play games but the club are applying pressure on the management not to pick him until he signs. How much of that is Brian and how much is AZ, NH I don't know.

To start with, leaving Pearce out wasn't a massive problem as there was no great harm in seeing how Mapps & Gorkss paired, but now the tactical excuse has run out and Gorkss seems the weakest link.

Whether he'll sign a new deal is another question. Again I'm led to believe he wants to sign but at a rate that's on a par with others at the club, something that's not been offered to him just yet.

Part of me does wonder whether Brian and the club's management rate him that highly long term. After all this is a management team that stripped him of the vice captaincy, dropped him for Khizanishvili (twice) and is now happy to play chicken with him over a contract which in the grand scheme of things is a tiny fraction of the club's wage expenditure.

I can understand the club not wanting to commit game time and build a defence around a player that could walk away for nothing. After all that's what happened with Sidwell and the team's reliance on him became sadly apparent after he went. However the guy isn't a bad apple like some in this squad, and I don't see the harm in both sides helping each other out till Christmas then seeing where it goes.

All that being said, do I think Pearce's omission is the reason we've conceded so many? No not really.

He might well help but Pearce wouldn't have been able to do much about Ba's handball, Mapps letting Berbatov go, Cummings letting Baird get a run in on him or Liverpool just overwhelming a dire midfield. Still as one supermarket has put it, every little helps and I'd love him back in the team.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Nov 2012 12:58

No offence wimb, but I've seen far too many bloggers and twatters with reliable sources claim things which just aren't true to just take your word on it.

I don't know what the problem is and I don't rule it out, but if it is true then McDermott can oxf*rd off and so can whoever else is responsible for the decision.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Nov 2012 13:10

no way brian will let the club influence team selection

if its cos of the contract, itll be because he wants to

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 04 Nov 2012 13:21

Ian Royal No offence wimb, but I've seen far too many bloggers and twatters with reliable sources claim things which just aren't true to just take your word on it.

I don't know what the problem is and I don't rule it out, but if it is true then McDermott can oxf*rd off and so can whoever else is responsible for the decision.

Absolutely, understand any scepticism, I just pass on the info as I get it. I trust this source so I'm happy to post it, up to others if they want to believe it.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Nov 2012 13:33

Ian Royal No idea. I'm baffled.

blueroyals
McD was on saying that Pearce was dropped for Morrison because Pearce rejected a new contract and Morrison didn't. Dellor 'did his nuts' at the thought of Pearce rejecting a contract and Ady had a dig at the club saying that they don't value their players.

Dreadful management.

769 posts