Back from the game - Southampton (H)

224 posts
kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game - Southampton (H)

by kwik-silva » 06 Apr 2013 21:06

Royal Lady If we want to try and stay up, we can't afford to "give everyone a chance" - there will be time for that in the pre-season friendlies. We're a professional football team ffs - not a bloody charity - he should pick the best starting 11 based on their performances during training imo.

You don't know that that's not what he's doing.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 06 Apr 2013 21:06

Again, very odd that some are saying how disillusioned they are with the club because of the naff football and yet are bemoaning McD's sacking given he's the one who got us playing like this.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 06 Apr 2013 21:06

leon
RoyallyFcuked To anyone writing off Adkins or blaming him for today's result, please shut the fcuk up because you don't have a clue. I think he chose to start ALF upfront on his own today because he wanted to give him the full 90 mins, like Pog got in the last game. I don't think ALF actually did any worse that Pog in that role....

Of course he didn't son and you really are the football expert.

Didn`t Pog get subbed against Arsenal?

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 06 Apr 2013 21:07

leon
RoyallyFcuked To anyone writing off Adkins or blaming him for today's result, please shut the fcuk up because you don't have a clue. I think he chose to start ALF upfront on his own today because he wanted to give him the full 90 mins, like Pog got in the last game. I don't think ALF actually did any worse that Pog in that role....

Well by your stupid comments your not that's for sure

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Apr 2013 21:10

Aka those who appreciate a man who was a great servant to this club and don't call him names like McDonut and a "bald tw@t".

It's clear Adkins will need time to impose his ideas and I don't think anyone is seriously writing him off just pointing out various double standards that would be picked on if McDermott did them.

Anyway back to brattish name calling. "love children" sheesh.
Last edited by sandman on 06 Apr 2013 21:12, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 06 Apr 2013 21:10

kwik-silva
Royal Lady If we want to try and stay up, we can't afford to "give everyone a chance" - there will be time for that in the pre-season friendlies. We're a professional football team ffs - not a bloody charity - he should pick the best starting 11 based on their performances during training imo.

You don't know that that's not what he's doing.

No I don't, but I do know that whoever said Adkins is "giving everyone a chance" is an idiot. THAT is not the way to run a football club, staring relegation in the face or not.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Apr 2013 21:11

joeroyal
leon

Well by your stupid comments your not that's for sure

Would you care to elaborate? Possibly checking what you've written first, to ensure you won't come across as educationally subnormal.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 06 Apr 2013 21:16

leon

[/quote]

Thanks, I know I am :lol:
Last edited by RoyallyFcuked on 06 Apr 2013 21:19, edited 2 times in total.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 06 Apr 2013 21:17

Would you care to elaborate? Possibly checking what you've written first, to ensure you won't come across as educationally subnormal

Open the front door baby greet the world breath in the fresh air and relax, and enjoy all are welcome

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 06 Apr 2013 21:17

Ideal
winchester_royal McD's the one who got us playing like this.

We did absolutely not play like this under McD, so please spare us from your blatant lies. If you think this is what we played like under McD, then clearly you must not have been watching.
We always tried very hard to win the ball under McD, and even now with this squad being much worse than everyone else in this division; every time we attacked we actually looked to cause some penetration and create real goalscoring chances, none of this rubbish long range hopeful attempts that would never go in in a million years.

I literally pissed myself laughing at this post

You clearly are a wind up, if not, the equivalent i.q level of a gnat

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 06 Apr 2013 21:19

Ideal

We did absolutely not play like this under McD, so please spare us from your blatant lies. If you think this is what we played like under McD, then clearly you must not have been watching.
We always tried very hard to win the ball under McD, and even now with this squad being much worse than everyone else in this division; every time we attacked we actually looked to cause some penetration and create real goalscoring chances, none of this rubbish long range hopeful attempts that would never go in in a million years.

Absolute nonsense. The effort was there today but the quality wasn't. And if you actually think we had penetration with the way we were playing before then I feel sorry for anyone who's spent the night with you.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Apr 2013 21:19

Royal Lady Didn't think Southampton were as good as last season when we played them.

Haven't read the rest of the thread so it may already have been said but Radio 5 (Keown in particular) were drooling over Southampton today and how much they had improved since last season.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Apr 2013 21:20

winchester_royal
Ideal

Absolute nonsense. The effort was there today but the quality wasn't. And if you actually think we had penetration with the way we were playing before then I feel sorry for anyone who's spent the night with you.

Not bad! :D

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 06 Apr 2013 21:22

Royal Rother
Royal Lady Didn't think Southampton were as good as last season when we played them.

Haven't read the rest of the thread so it may already have been said but Radio 5 (Keown in particular) were drooling over Southampton today and how much they had improved since last season.

And for a majority of that Adkins must take the credit

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 06 Apr 2013 21:24

Ideal

Sorry but, we absolutely did play like this under McD. He is the reason the team plays like it does and he is the reason for its current position. The basic and dire tactics, which mostly consisted of hoof ball is what we played under McD, and it is going to take a little while for Adkins to get it out of them. It was clearly you that wasn't watching, so please spare us from your blatant lies.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Apr 2013 21:26

How many bl00dy times? When we lack confidence we go more long ball as players are reluctant to try anything that might lose them the ball. THE SAME HAPPENS WITH ANY TEAM, got that Winchy_Baby? Under McDermott we tried to play fast football with attacking wing play and mixing passing with more direct play(see the Sunderland game after we'd put a run of wins together). He did not get us playing long ball football by design a lack of confidence after losses made that happen.

He always played to the strengths of the players he had. Who knows? Perhaps if his two best players weren't sold from under him to balance the books two summers running we might have been playing to a style more to your liking.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 06 Apr 2013 21:27

RoyallyFcuked
Ideal

Sorry but, we absolutely did play like this under McD. He is the reason the team plays like it does and he is the reason for its current position. The basic and dire tactics, which mostly consisted of hoof ball is what we played under McD, and it is going to take a little while for Adkins to get it out of them. It was clearly you that wasn't watching, so please spare us from your blatant lies.

That's right son, such intelligence for such a young soul put your name down for a job with in the coaching Dept A.S.AP.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 06 Apr 2013 21:31

leon

I agree, RoyallyFucked. End of the day, he had one game to see what Reading was about, change a few things after seeing a shower of shit against Arsenal, seen maybe some potential, seen what isn't for him and played others we didn't expect. Maybe he's playing these just for future reference but fact is, he' s at least trying with no favouritism. I thought we done so well up until Flapperici let in the goal. Heads down and never played the same again and we allowed them to dominate us in the second half. Shame.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 06 Apr 2013 21:31

joeroyal
RoyallyFcuked
Ideal

That's right son, such intelligence for such a young soul put your name down for a job with in the coaching Dept A.S.AP.

Agreed, I'm sure they would have bitten my hand off if I'd offered my services in earlier in the season, but now with the new staff my chances are probably more limited.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 06 Apr 2013 21:34

RoyallyFcuked We did absolutely not play like this under McD, so please spare us from your blatant lies. If you think this is what we played like under McD, then clearly you must not have been watching.

Sorry but, we absolutely did play like this under McD. He is the reason the team plays like it does and he is the reason for its current position. The basic and dire tactics, which mostly consisted of hoof ball is what we played under McD, and it is going to take a little while for Adkins to get it out of them. It was clearly you that wasn't watching, so please spare us from your blatant lies.[/quote]

That's right son, such intelligence for such a young soul put your name down for a job with in the coaching Dept A.S.AP.[/quote]

Agreed, I'm sure they would have bitten my hand off if I'd offered my services in earlier in the season, but now with the new staff my chances a probably more limited.[/quote]

Limited in the brain or skill Dept or both ?

224 posts