CONFIRMED - Mariappa gone to Palace

142 posts
Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CONFIRMED - Mariappa gone to Palace

by Barry the bird boggler » 02 Sep 2013 16:12

No Fixed Abode Looks like Tommy Elphick of AFC Bournemouth is Marriapa's replacement.

That'll be a boon to the side - does he prefer 3 up and 2 down

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Sep 2013 16:28

rfc58
El Diablo Really happy about this - always was a bit meh obout Mariappa, and could never understand the love in by some of the mong tards on here. A massively average CB

- Get Hector back in.

Before we all hail Hector as a new messiah, how do we know he's up to this level on a regular basis ?

Because he's a big skilful lovely old Hector.

rfc58

by rfc58 » 02 Sep 2013 16:29

Norfolk Royal
rfc58
El Diablo Really happy about this - always was a bit meh obout Mariappa, and could never understand the love in by some of the mong tards on here. A massively average CB

- Get Hector back in.

Before we all hail Hector as a new messiah, how do we know he's up to this level on a regular basis ?

In that case, I'm in.

East End Lady

by East End Lady » 02 Sep 2013 16:30

Norfolk Royal
rfc58

- Get Hector back in.

:) I loved Hector's House

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Sep 2013 16:37

Still no official confirmation on this

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 02 Sep 2013 16:42

genome Still no official confirmation on this

Won't be announced until we've signed somebody no doubt

rfc58

by rfc58 » 02 Sep 2013 16:42

blueroyals

Surely we will have to announce this year ?

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 02 Sep 2013 16:43

:lol: :lol:

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 02 Sep 2013 16:49

rfc58
blueroyals

Surely we will have to announce this year ?

Good work.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 02 Sep 2013 17:06

Palace do know we got relegated last season, dont they?!

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 02 Sep 2013 17:37

TBM Palace do know we got relegated last season, dont they?!

i never do get why newly promoted clubs raid the clubs who have just gone down, there is a reason they we went down( other than not spending enough money) , being the players we had were not good enough, why would he be any differsnt at palace

WestRoyal

Re: Mariappa Gone. Palace confirmed

by WestRoyal » 02 Sep 2013 17:43

Kitsondinho Not too fussed about this. He clearly thinks he deserves to be a Prem player. He'll be back in the Championship with 3 relegations from the Prem on his CV. Losing Kebe was a much bigger blow. Mapps was just another decent Championship defender who thought he was better than he actually was.

That's a bit harsh, his manager didn't rate him enough to even get into the squad on most occasions, was yet to start or feature in a league game. The he has the chance to join a team from his end for another shot in the prem. No brainer don't you think. Stop the sour grapes

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Sep 2013 17:47

URZZZZZ

i never do get why newly promoted clubs raid the clubs who have just gone down, there is a reason they we went down( other than not spending enough money) , being the players we had were not good enough, why would he be any differsnt at palace

Now now, this screams of being bitter.
I'd agree with you if Palace took legs and gunter, but Kebe and Mariappa were two of the better players in (an admittedly shockingly bad team) but were also branded about as being able to hack it at that level.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 02 Sep 2013 17:50

bandied

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Sep 2013 17:51

WestRoyal
Kitsondinho Not too fussed about this. He clearly thinks he deserves to be a Prem player. He'll be back in the Championship with 3 relegations from the Prem on his CV. Losing Kebe was a much bigger blow. Mapps was just another decent Championship defender who thought he was better than he actually was.

That's a bit harsh, his manager didn't rate him enough to even get into the squad on most occasions, was yet to start or feature in a league game. The he has the chance to join a team from his end for another shot in the prem. No brainer don't you think. Stop the sour grapes

Best sour grapes was winchester_royal earlier on the deadline day thread:

winchester_royal
Simon's Church
winchester_royal 3m for Mapps? Lol, Palace really are mugs.

Isn't that what we paid for him? And now he's got an extra season of prem experience, it sounds reasonable tbh.

We were consistently mugged off last summer.

I think he showed himself to be out of his depth last season and I'm surprised he's still at the same value as he was this time last year tbh.

Last season:

winchester_royal
billy1990 Mariappa has not got enough credit this year

'Greed. Big fan of his. Classy player, one of the very few players we're likely to lose if we go down.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 02 Sep 2013 17:52

CountryRoyal
URZZZZZ

Now now, this screams of being bitter.
I'd agree with you if Palace took legs and gunter, but Kebe and Mariappa were two of the better players in (an admittedly shockingly bad team) but were also branded about as being able to hack it at that level.

not bitter at all, ive said for however long now maps is/was our best cb, but the fact remains he was part of a relegated team last season. aslo just because people have said he is our best cb that does not mean he is good, just better than what we have. and expectations of our players abilities have dropped massivly from this time last season

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 02 Sep 2013 17:56

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 02 Sep 2013 17:58

rfc58

- Get Hector back in.

Youth >>>>>> Hoof

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Sep 2013 18:00

Shame but I suspect this deal was done long before today...

A fair amount of these deals are pre-agreed & they just wait to announce it to get the fans into a frenzy. The fact our best CB has been nowhere near the 1st team says it all really.

Good luck to him but like Kebe I suspect he'll be a championship player again come May. Palace are showing a bit more intent than we did TBF to them.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Sep 2013 18:06

I'm a little disappointed, because Mariappa was a decent CB with potential and actually had a bit of pace. However, his positioning could be atrocious and he wasn't exactly dominant in the air. If I had to rank them, I'd say he was our bset CB, but it was marginal at best.

Clearly, he was either wanting away or not impressing - I suspect a bit of both. He was dogturd against Posh. The way he got turned inside out for their first was shameful. So it's not like he was getting ahead of Morrison or Pearce any time soon.

I actually think Morrison has the potential to be a better player anyway. Pearce is a bit more limited and near his peak, but is still easily good enough at this level. Gorkss is a worry, but we've got a quality CB if he can ever sort himself back out. Although the idea of him trying to pass makes me shudder in terror.

TBH. The only players we mustn't lose are Guthrie and ALF. No one else adds enough more than someone else in our squad to be almost irreplaceable. And to be honest, ALF is simply a case of us having no other decent and in form strikers anyway. McCarthy would be a blow, but Federici is plenty good enough at this level for us to survive with.

142 posts