61%
Fire
39%

Total votes: 243
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: New Poll - Adkins

by SCIAG » 05 Jan 2014 00:41

SKB utterly schooling P!ssed Off there. WP.

Adkins isn't blameless for our current situation, but 1) our current situation isn't very bad- at worst it is "meh", 2) he has been undermined by constant injuries to his midfield and now his defence, and 3) we shouldn't go around sacking managers anyway, unless we think it will improve our chances of preventing imminent relegation or bizarre circumstances mean they are embarrassing the club (see: Paolo Di Canio).

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jan 2014 00:48

"wanna listen" lol for the use of "wanna" SKB

BBC Berks (and Tim Dim or not) is the best coverage that we ever had...did you ever bother with the 107 Royal Box...or 2Tens/Hearts (non) efforts?

Back to which...Nige was bang out of order today...and there has been nothing posted by anyone to justify his sad outburst thus far

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 05 Jan 2014 00:56

AthleticoSpizz "wanna listen" lol for the use of "wanna" SKB

BBC Berks (and Tim Dim or not) is the best coverage that we ever had...did you ever bother with the 107 Royal Box...or 2Tens/Hearts (non) efforts?

Back to which...Nige was bang out of order today...and there has been nothing posted by anyone to justify his sad outburst

Mark Gonella's and Steve Beddow's quarter hourly updates and refreshing page 143 on ITV Teletext, yes. But those days are gone now and there is a station that has live commentaries every week that I 'wanna' (not sure what's wrong with this word, especially at this time of night) listen to. Justify him complaining for 10 minutes about how bad the pies are at Walsall on a Tuesday night, and how it was such a hardship queuing through traffic on the M6 when he's getting paid to watch football for a living.

It really is poor.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 Jan 2014 01:01

SCIAG SKB utterly schooling P!ssed Off there. WP.

:?
Where?

I can't even see how his long post was even related to mine.

I said Dellor was fair enough to criticise Adkins.

SKB's post didn't appear to be related to my post whatsoever. It merely attempted to explain that:
plenty of teams in the country happen to be in a worse position
we might win, draw or lose the next game
we have a good average attendance
football is better than shopping at the Oracle
we have a good chairman
we have quite a few flair players
we've signed some good players in the last few years
we are linked with investors
it's only a game
some people are hungry in the world
bad form for Reading is ALWAYS usually temporary
We have a manager with a VERY good CV. Managers don't become bad overnight but they can become brilliant.
we're lucky to have 46 rather 38 games.

What of this is related to my point that Dellor is fair to criticise Adkins? :?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jan 2014 01:06

SKB (I have been one of your most avid readers since cracking shins with you on 04), however...some of us deadheads actually enjoy that trivia m8...usually more interesting than the game

Yes it would be great to just hear....McA passes it out to Pearce who passes it to Williams who passes it to Pog who gets dispocessed and tracks back.

McA passes it out to Pearce who passes it to Williams who passes it to Pog who gets dispocessed and tracks back.

McA passes it out to Pearce who passes it to Williams who passes it to Pog etc etc

FFS

Back to which.... care to justify Nige's accusations today?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Jan 2014 02:15

Adkins isn't blameless for our current situation, but 1) our current situation isn't very bad- at worst it is "meh", 2) he has been undermined by constant injuries to his midfield and now his defence, and 3) we shouldn't go around sacking managers anyway, unless we think it will improve our chances of preventing imminent relegation or bizarre circumstances mean they are embarrassing the club (see: Paolo Di Canio).

"Adkins isn't blameless for our current situation"

Head in the sand nonsense. We're a shambles. The fact that the team haven't a clue what to do on the pitch can't be pinned on anyone else other than the manager. And frankly if we don't improve fast we'll be dropping down the table like a stone. Adkins has got to improve it quick.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Jan 2014 05:32

leon

"Adkins isn't blameless for our current situation"

Head in the sand nonsense. We're a shambles. The fact that the team haven't a clue what to do on the pitch can't be pinned on anyone else other than the manager. And frankly if we don't improve fast we'll be dropping down the table like a stone. Adkins has got to improve it quick.

Head in the sand nonsense. The club's a shambles. The fact that the club was so shockingly unable to invest in the summer, on the verge on 3 much needed signings only for minus two to appear, (and thus our 'terrible' performance this season) can't be pinned on anyone else other than Anton, the f**king childish clueless foreign tw*t who just sees the club as a financial plaything and has almost ruined it by being a f**king inept daddy's rich boy. And frankly if we don't improve fast we'll be dropping down the table like a stone. Madejski (although not his fault) has got to improve it quick.

See what I did there? :roll:

I like you would try to simplify it in terms of one obvious factor, after being so very smug about being so very right about something BIG being wrong when we didn't sign in the summer (yes I love gloating!), but this sort of attitude isn't mature or helpful. The club is at fault for not supporting Adkins. But with the recent serious downturn in form, Adkins MUST share some of the blame. To argue either one point without acknowledging the other is pretty much the definition of head in sand.

So SCIAG's post is pretty much 100% spot on. "Adkins isn't blameless" but there are other factors. I think we can all see that unless we are sleeping with Anton or are being paid by him/ Madejski to divert all attention from the fiasco at the head of the club. Which is it? :wink:

As it happens I'm fast heading towards the Adkins out camp but am voting to keep him, for now.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 05 Jan 2014 05:51

Frankly, I would prefer to be supporting a mid-range Championship with a team that does the hard yards and ends up mid table than be a supporter of a team with delusions of grandeur. Whether that means Adkins going or not I don't know. If WBA are interested in Adkins (and personally, I don't think he has the kudos required) I hope they are successful.

elrey

by elrey » 05 Jan 2014 07:21

I watched only one Coppell Match live, Swansea V. Reading in the FA Cup Replay in January 2005. Swansea were a 4th division team, and Reading were Awful, getting through in extra time of the replay with a Forster goal, look at how that turned out.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 05 Jan 2014 12:38

Every team has a spell of poor performances and results. The problems are when that spell turns into a habit. Right now you would have to say we make a habit of playing shit halfarsed football, and we're getting punished for it.

I hope Adkins walks or goes elsewhere as we are in no position to sack him currently.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 05 Jan 2014 12:47

Furthermore, his lack of effort with the fans and media is another reason he doesn't deserve the time & backing some crave.

Is it too much to come over to clap the fans, or were you worried about getting your shoes dirty Nigel?

Is it too much to answer a straight question on behalf of the people who invest their time and money to support the club?

Accusing Dellor of a campaign to get rid of him is petty and diversionary. To use his own logic; Maybe Nigel should think about why people might be saying these things 'about him' currently?
Last edited by Cureton's Volley on 05 Jan 2014 13:09, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Jan 2014 13:00

Whilst BBCRB is the best coverage we get, and always has been, I just do not get this Dellor is innocent stance that people have taken.

True, he has never come out and said Adkins should go, and there may have been the odd occasion when he has said that he needs time. However, the latter would be a small drop in an ocean of criticism that he has thrown in the management team's direction. He has not shown a single ounce of positivity towards Adkins. He spent the whole of the second half of last season moaning about how he couldn't understand why McDermott had been sacked when he was. This season his broken record has been the non selection of ALF as a starter and then, during games, moaning about the fact that he hasn't been brought on as a sub. The reasons for all three are pretty clear for someone prepared to take their blinkers off.

The last couple of occasions that I have heard him commentating he has spent the whole game slagging off everything that the manager and his coaches have done. All of this adds to the pressure that the management and team are already under and little wonder that Adkins drew the conclusion that Dellor wants him out (I'm sure he hears a lot of what Dellor says), even if Dellor hasn't actually said so.

Dellor has now fallen out with Rodgers and Adkins, one of whom has gone on to prove himself a very good manager and the other who has already shown that to be the case. Perhaps he just can't click with managers who at times can sound as pompous as Dellor himself.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 05 Jan 2014 13:21

Maybe Dellor can be the new manager as he knows the game and the players so well.

With team selection performed by a radio phone-in and text messages...

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 05 Jan 2014 13:31

I think it would funny if BBCRB were hit by a large number of #dellorout or #onlyonejohnsouthall tweets during the Watford game. His biased views, smug, divicive questions just make a bad situation worse.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 05 Jan 2014 13:42

I think Adkins should be managing the Dellor descent situation. He's a manager paid to manage personalities and get the best out of people he's also contracted to conduct himself in a proper maner and present RFC via the media.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 05 Jan 2014 13:44

I would say by bringing it up he is managing the Dellor descent

What would you prefer he did? Ignore it? That's hardly managing the situation.

Now Dellor will think twice before slagging selection, crying about Alfie and polishing his ego (nonoeuphemism)
Last edited by Uke on 05 Jan 2014 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 05 Jan 2014 13:50

All good managers get local media onside. I think Adkins missed this from day one.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 05 Jan 2014 13:54

By refusing to answer simple questions honestly Adkins brings it on himself.

Tim is doing his job calling it as he sees it and reflecting the views of the majority of his listeners.

Like it or not he is doing his job better than Nigel is this season.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 05 Jan 2014 13:55

So, some two-bit local journalist is undermining Adkins is he? :lol:

Tbf to the bloke, he is only reflecting popular opinion. Basically everyone I speak to about RFC has hated this current season, the ineffectual style of football and the increasingly poor results. Most of those same people wouldn't mind one bit if Adkins walked now.

BUT ITS DELLOR'S FAULT :!:

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 05 Jan 2014 14:02

I would prefer it if Adkins had built some sort of "in it together" feel factor. Get Dellor onside, get the majority of fans onside. Yes things haven't gone his way but times like this you need everyone's support. NA isn't helping himself. It's all gone a bit Pete Tong for him really.

178 posts