Back in the car, soaked (Nottm Forest A)

137 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back in the car, soaked (Nottm Forest A)

by leon » 24 Aug 2014 11:52

Ian Royal
winchester_royal Why do people keep going on about the youngsters? It's the experienced pros who were were to blame for yesterday.

Because they're idiots.

I was hoping to comment that you'd managed a discussion workout your usual vapid snide comments. But alas no.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Aug 2014 11:59

For those still slating Blackman, move on, he has improved this season. He is not the kind of player that will turn and run at full backs often, but he holds it up well, likes to jink past players, and links up well in triangles in our build up. Needs to show a little more end product, agreed, but we really are lacking options. By the way, i was his biggest hater last season.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Aug 2014 12:01

Also on the point of Blackman, would much rather see him upfront on his own than Cox. Anyone go Bolton Away last season, did the job well in that game, showed some flashes. He is more confident now aswell.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 24 Aug 2014 12:05

LoyalRoyal22 Also on the point of Blackman, would much rather see him upfront on his own than Cox. Anyone go Bolton Away last season, did the job well in that game, showed some flashes. He is more confident now aswell.

Yep agree on this. Stick Mackie at RW, get Obita LW & then perhaps Cummings stays at LB / or NA actually buys a LB...

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Aug 2014 12:06

MmmMonsterMunch
LoyalRoyal22 Also on the point of Blackman, would much rather see him upfront on his own than Cox. Anyone go Bolton Away last season, did the job well in that game, showed some flashes. He is more confident now aswell.

Yep agree on this. Stick Mackie at RW, get Obita LW & then perhaps Cummings stays at LB / or NA actually buys a LB...

Obita is our best option at left back for the moment, but i agree, would prefer to see him on the Wing. He is wasted at LB.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 24 Aug 2014 12:09

Obita is also our best option for LW at this moment in time.

Cummings + Obita on the left is better than Cummings + Taylor.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Aug 2014 12:28

I'd shore up defence by putting him at left back.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 Aug 2014 13:58

Start by securing the defence in a struggling side - should play Obita-Hector-Pearce-Gunter as a first choice back four (yes, I know Gunter had a poor day)

Centre mid is obvs an issue for us at the moment but Blackman-Norwood-Kuhl/Akpan-Mackie looks serviceable for a mid-table side (again, I know Mackie couldn't play)

Pogbrebnyak and Cox up top leaves me a bit cold but it is what it is.

Edwards and Taylor don't do enough for me and starting with them is always going to leave you a bit short.

That's all I have to say on the matter, hard luck to those who travelled - hope you see a win next time out.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 24 Aug 2014 14:47

winchester_royal Okay, say we bring in some 'experienced' players. And then 2 months later the likes of Guthrie, Williams, Karacan, HRK, McCleary, Pog, Ferdinand are all back fit and ready to play. Suddenly we have a massively inflated squad and wage bill, and then have to deal with the damaging consequences to both finances and morale.

We need to bring in a couple of real quality players in a couple of positions, but absolutely no point in bringing in 6 players because we're not patient enough to wait a few weeks for injured players to return.

I doubt that'll ever happen. In fact, I'd be willing to put money* on that lot not all featuring in a game for us this season.

*Except I don't gamble.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 24 Aug 2014 17:59

Drenthe > Taylor

EarleyRoyal16

by EarleyRoyal16 » 25 Aug 2014 10:04

On the way back to the station I was talking to some Forest fans and made a bit of a knee jerk comment "Cox for 600k is 500k too much." but seriously he was woeful. As were the whole defence, especially Gunter.

The first half wasn't even that bad, we were probably the better side but we (and Gunter) got caught out by a far post cross. Would have been a different game if Kuhl could have kept his head and finished his chance late in the half, although Kuhl himself is the only player who can leave that game with any credit. Although the majority of players are being played out of position so we can't expect a lot more at the moment.

Obita needs to move back to LB, Play Akpan/Norwood alongside Kuhl and we'll probably see progress as players will be in the right position! Still wouldn't solve the winger crisis though, cannot keep playing Taylor as he offers very little and is a bit lightweight.

Hopefully the side will improve from now on as Mackie will be eligible again and will hopefully helps us for options on the wing.

Need to pray that Pog and Obita's injuries aren't bad either, if they are we are well and truly oxf*rd.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 25 Aug 2014 12:19

I particularly liked Pepe's persistence on the Blackman front and the continued use of Rosenior comparisons as a criticism for any Reading FC right-back

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Aug 2014 13:33

What's the point of having a scapegoat if you ditch them as soon as they start playing well? I'm in this for the long haul.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Aug 2014 13:39

People still think Gunter is captain material???

Total toilet

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 25 Aug 2014 13:50

Pepe the Horseman What's the point of having a scapegoat if you ditch them as soon as they start playing well? I'm in this for the long haul.

Sound advice here for those who want to start on Gunter. You can't just make a scapegoat over one bad performance. It takes effort week-in week out.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Aug 2014 13:51

Handsome Man
Pepe the Horseman What's the point of having a scapegoat if you ditch them as soon as they start playing well? I'm in this for the long haul.

Sound advice here for those who want to start on Gunter. You can't just make a scapegoat over one bad performance. It takes effort week-in week out.

One bad performance?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 25 Aug 2014 14:20

sandman
Handsome Man

One bad performance?

You have never liked Gunter have you ? Clueless fan

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 25 Aug 2014 16:28

I think it's fair to say that Gunter has been distinctly average since he signed for us. Started off terribly, picked up towards the end of last season and he was starting to win me over but he's not helped his case after the abysmal performance at Forest has he.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Aug 2014 16:32

Gunter - great player, just not got the heart to really stand up and be counted when the going gets tough.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 25 Aug 2014 16:35

Ian Royal Gunter - great player, just not got the heart to really stand up and be counted when the going gets tough.

:?

How can you say that? what has he done to become a great player?

137 posts