BFTG Forrst (H)

214 posts
Mr.Swainey

Re: BFTG Forrst (H)

by Mr.Swainey » 01 Mar 2015 12:46

UpThePrem
Jagermesiter1871 Heres the video:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1732878430271798

If the reports are accurate then it's a oxf*rd disgrace. The soul sapping atmosphere is large part of the reason why my trips to the Mad Stad are so infrequent.

And this is the petition to get the club to apologise for the treatment of the fans:

https://www.change.org/p/reading-footba ... -behaviour

What an embarrassing load of shit.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 01 Mar 2015 12:51

Ian Royal And this is exactly what I was talking about. If you make a point of standing up to a steward and not complying with a request, you're going to get chucked out. A nod and a wink, sit down. Then stand up a bit later. No problem. They've done their job, you've let them do it. You then get to carry on a bit later and everything is fine.

What do people expect is going to happen if someone with a responsibility for safety and security asks you to do something and you refuse? You've just challenged their authority and they have no option but to respond.

This is exactly the sort of attitude that allowed the Nazi's to murder 6 million jews, Ian.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Mar 2015 13:00

Those criticising Feds for being out of position, clearly haven't looked at the footage properly and/or know very little about goalkeeping. No doubt they would have been the first to moan had he been further back and was then unable to get out quick enough to a through ball. The third was a great/lucky shot that dipped over him and clipped the underside of the bar before going in. Given where play was at the time, his positioning looked pretty much right.

Esteban
M Brook That is pathetic.
He didn't get ejected for 'supporting his team', he was ejected for behaving like an anti social ar*e.
And yes I did see it happen.

In your opinion, he was anti-social. But in many other people's opinion, he was only doing what you expect to see at a football match. He was about two blocks away from where I was and he didn't seem to be doing anything over the top.

It's the complete lack of a common sense approach from the stewards that is the biggest issue and has been for a long time. Offer him the opportunity to move in to one of the thousands of other empty seats that were around first, somewhere his chanting would be appreciated. Then if he doesn't comply, eject him. And to wait until half time before jumping him in the concourse was ridiculous, the stewards knew they'd be unpopular and bottled it.

Exactly this. Offer him or the 'offended' party (if one even existed) the chance to move somewhere more suitable.

Tip for everyone in the future. If a steward(s) has a word with you, do not go into the concourse at half-time unless you are in a very large group. Stay with the masses who will deter the stewards from acting in the seated area as they did yesterday.

Oh and there are some very good stewards at the Mad Stad who are pleasant, polite, have a sense of humour and clearly appreciate what being a football supporter is all about. Sadly they don't appear to be the ones that are promoted into positions of authority (clearly fail the Little Hitler test!).

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Mar 2015 13:07

RoyalBlue Those criticising Feds for being out of position, clearly haven't looked at the footage properly and/or know very little about goalkeeping. No doubt they would have been the first to moan had he been further back and was then unable to get out quick enough to a through ball. The third was a great/lucky shot that dipped over him and clipped the underside of the bar before going in. Given where play was at the time, his positioning looked pretty much right.

Caversham Royal like a few others (Ian Royal, Mr Swainey/LoyalRoyalFan, etc) has a personal view on Feds that colours their judgement of him and prevents them from being rational. Due to that I largely tend to take their comments with a large pinch of salt.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 01 Mar 2015 13:20

sandman
RoyalBlue Those criticising Feds for being out of position, clearly haven't looked at the footage properly and/or know very little about goalkeeping. No doubt they would have been the first to moan had he been further back and was then unable to get out quick enough to a through ball. The third was a great/lucky shot that dipped over him and clipped the underside of the bar before going in. Given where play was at the time, his positioning looked pretty much right.

Caversham Royal like a few others (Ian Royal, Mr Swainey/LoyalRoyalFan, etc) has a personal view on Feds that colours their judgement of him and prevents them from being rational. Due to that I largely tend to take their comments with a large pinch of salt.

Feds won't be offered a new contract anyway, so only a few more games to whinge about

I'd like to see Norwood get a game alongside Chalobah soon. Getting fed up with Williams' dreadful first touch, inability to pass a ball and running constantly into dead ends.

While two goals were great strikes, two goals also came from basic errors. For their second Pog lost the ball midway inside their half which put Williams out of position. For their third, Gunter put a hit and hope pass straight into their midfield and their guy then ran and smashed it into the net.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 01 Mar 2015 13:34

RoyalBlue Oh and there are some very good stewards at the Mad Stad who are pleasant, polite, have a sense of humour and clearly appreciate what being a football supporter is all about. Sadly they don't appear to be the ones that are promoted into positions of authority (clearly fail the Little Hitler test!).

This! Seemingly the good ones are the yellow coats down in Y25/26, who are used to seeing standing/a little bit of singing every week and know how to treat fans fairly, the yellow coats in the other areas and most of the orange coats all around the ground who aren't constantly used to this who have 'look at me I'm important' problems. The orange coats who ended up around Y26 were twats yesterday as well.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 Mar 2015 14:01

3points
While two goals were great strikes, two goals also came from basic errors. For their second Pog lost the ball midway inside their half which put Williams out of position. For their third, Gunter put a hit and hope pass straight into their midfield and their guy then ran and smashed it into the net.

TBF Pog busted a gut and chased back (he had a great game IMO) whereas Williams just stood still on the half-way line

I'm starting to worry about Williams.

Every game he seems to be having a go at some player

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 01 Mar 2015 14:01

3points Feds won't be offered a new contract anyway, so only a few more games to whinge about

Yay!

No more moaning on Twitter when he makes his usual mistakes.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Mar 2015 14:11

Will95
RoyalBlue Oh and there are some very good stewards at the Mad Stad who are pleasant, polite, have a sense of humour and clearly appreciate what being a football supporter is all about. Sadly they don't appear to be the ones that are promoted into positions of authority (clearly fail the Little Hitler test!).

This! Seemingly the good ones are the yellow coats down in Y25/26, who are used to seeing standing/a little bit of singing every week and know how to treat fans fairly, the yellow coats in the other areas and most of the orange coats all around the ground who aren't constantly used to this who have 'look at me I'm important' problems. The orange coats who ended up around Y26 were twats yesterday as well.

The tangos are there to sort out physical confrontations and forcibly eject people if necessary. If they're called in inappropriately, blame the "yellow coats".

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Mar 2015 14:24

Sutekh We lost today due to two goals out of nowhere and awful finishing from what we have that masquerades as a strike force.

Much improved from the utter crap that made an appearance v Wigan but still a way to go to be anything like a top end team in this division.

The end of this miserable waste of time that's been a league season can't come quick enough as far as I'm concerned.

Yep agree with this. We deserved to be 1-0 up at HT and 0-3 completely flatters Forest. Thought we still had a chance at 0-1 but once they got the 2nd, their heads were gone & that was that really.

WTF has happened to Simon Cox? He has missed so many golden opportunities you can tell Clarke is getting hacked off. We are woefully short of decent front men. Incidentally, Pog was MOTM for me. Superb hold up and link up play - he must be getting fed up with Cox's finishing too.

Still behind Clarke 100%. Roll on May when most of this shower of shite can be replaced.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Mar 2015 14:28

Mr.Swainey
UpThePrem

If the reports are accurate then it's a oxf*rd disgrace. The soul sapping atmosphere is large part of the reason why my trips to the Mad Stad are so infrequent.

And this is the petition to get the club to apologise for the treatment of the fans:

What an embarrassing load of shit.

Been reading back through your post history again LoyalRoyalFan?

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 01 Mar 2015 14:36

SCIAG
Will95

The tangos are there to sort out physical confrontations and forcibly eject people if necessary. If they're called in inappropriately, blame the "yellow coats".

Called in appropriately after the Forest fan in our end and a few Reading chasing after him, the way they acted towards the fans when they were out though? Not appropriate.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Mar 2015 15:14

SCIAG
Will95

it seems the yellow coat supervisors/stadium supervisors are the ones that tend to make the dodgy calls. On this occasion did the Tangos even do their job or is it true that they went to the trouble of summoning the police to see the heinous offender off the premises? !

Mr.Swainey
3points Feds won't be offered a new contract anyway, so only a few more games to whinge about

Yay!

No more moaning on Twitter when he makes his usual mistakes.

So his 'usual mistakes' cost us more than those of his team mates do they? Guess it's his fault too when the strikers can't hit a barn door and repeatedly leave us defending '0'! And let's forget all the superb saves that have kept us points. Likewise the great save yesterday in favour of claiming he was poorly positioned for at least one of the goals.

Looking forward to the goalkeeping blind having their eyes opened when we end up with an average Championship keeper as a replacement next season.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 01 Mar 2015 15:20

No police went into the stands.

The stewards couldn't let one bloke dance around on the steps whilst everyone else sat, and definitely couldn't just let it be when he refused to sit. The rules are made clear, they had only one course of action. Shame they had to as he was doing a good job. Many people who didn't see this incident are blowing it out of proportion. You'll see the same think happen at many sporting events and concerts up and down the country every day. This is no great injustice and no special event.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Mar 2015 15:43

Was good game I thought. We had some glorious chances and played nice Football but as usual can't finish or supply a creative final ball. Hit by three suckered punches but cracking long range finishes.
Frustrating and annoying.

Great atmosphere thanks to the stewards.
Bloke was a bit if a div, but the extra noise actually helped Pick the team up to the required level for twenty minutes.

Faithful Son

by Faithful Son » 01 Mar 2015 17:55

UpThePrem

Signed

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 01 Mar 2015 18:00

Royal Ginger No police went into the stands.

The stewards couldn't let one bloke dance around on the steps whilst everyone else sat, and definitely couldn't just let it be when he refused to sit. The rules are made clear, they had only one course of action. Shame they had to as he was doing a good job. Many people who didn't see this incident are blowing it out of proportion. You'll see the same think happen at many sporting events and concerts up and down the country every day. This is no great injustice and no special event.

Well said.

Davezk

by Davezk » 01 Mar 2015 18:16

For their 3rd it was a great shot but Fed was a bit far off his line; maybe he would have saved it if he was further back.

Caversham Royal

by Caversham Royal » 01 Mar 2015 19:51

sandman
RoyalBlue Those criticising Feds for being out of position, clearly haven't looked at the footage properly and/or know very little about goalkeeping. No doubt they would have been the first to moan had he been further back and was then unable to get out quick enough to a through ball. The third was a grreat/lucky shot that dipped over him and clipped the underside of the bar before going in. Given where play was at the time, his positioning looked pretty much right.

Making the effort to peer through all the bright colours affecting my judgement about Federici, I can say my opinion about goal 3 is still the same. And being an ex-goalie (in my distant younger years admittedly!), I do have a smidgen of a grasp on the old positional bit to base my opinion on. Hope that's 'rational' enough for the internet guru that is the 'mighty Sandman'....
Last edited by Caversham Royal on 01 Mar 2015 20:09, edited 3 times in total.

me

by me » 01 Mar 2015 19:54

I don't have an opinion on whether it was right for this bloke to be thrown out as I didn't see what happened. It's funny however that when it happened in the first half coincided with the noise levels rising in the stadium and Reading having their best spell of the game.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of what he did, to me it proves that the players need the noise levels to increase for them to perform. The club needs to encourage a better atmosphere in the ground somehow in order for the team to up their game. Whatever the rights or wrongs of this incident, you cannot deny that it was good to hear noise from the whole east stand and the team responded. Who knows, if the pantomime continued in the second half, maybe the atmosphere would have been better which would transmit to the team and the result may have improved.

Then I might just be talking rubbish.

214 posts