BFTG - Bradford

145 posts
WAZZOCK

Re: BFTG - Bradford

by WAZZOCK » 08 Mar 2015 11:32

Can one of our more savvy forummers point my in the direction of where I can bet on which team will qualify?

Bob1871

by Bob1871 » 08 Mar 2015 11:32

Nameless
gdroyal
They can't play it for the next two midweeks after next Monday because it is an international week. So the only other options will be to play it after that, but I would have thought that we would have the same problems with the CL quarter finals.

The Monday date slightly helps us as we are only away at Watford on the Saturday while Bradford have to travel to Notts County and then travel to Reading.

Neither Bradford nor us are in the Champions League. We could play on the Tuesday. There are no valid reasons why not, other than dictated by TV. We even already had a game arranged for the Tuesday so all we would have had to do would be change the posters in the away end and do a slightly different programme.
I do realise that given TV money the 'only' is not really such a small consideration, but it's a rubbish decision.

FA quote that FA cup games can't be played on the same night as Champions League, Europa League Games or International fixtures.

I think I'm right my saying Premier League games also can't be played on Champions League or Europa League Nights.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Mar 2015 11:35

Bob1871
FA quote that FA cup games can't be played on the same night as Champions League, Europa League Games or International fixtures.

I think I'm right my saying Premier League games also can't be played on Champions League or Europa League Nights.

Indeed, stupid isn't it.
Make players play twice in 48 hours for no good reason when playing on the Tuesday is entirely possible. If the game isn't on TV it just makes it incomprehensible.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Mar 2015 12:20

Lol@ sandman for boasting about us reaching 3 quarter finals in recent years conveniently forgetting that we , as a Champ or Prem side, only have to play 3 games to get to the quarters whereas Bradford had to play 5.
Also they have beaten Prem. sides in Sunderland and Chelsea, the latter being one of the stand-out results in FA Cup history whereas we beat a couple of Champ sides plus Derby reserves with 10 men for half the game.

Lol also@ Nameless for suggesting that we got pushed around by those naughty Bradford players-did you not see the early challenge from Chalobah?
I was proud of how Reading competed for every ball in the same way as Bradford did apart of course from the spineless lump that is Robson -Kanu (football's answer to Audley Harrison).

Also Lol@ those that have suggested that we were at a disadvantage because of the way we play (as if we are Barca in disguise)-have you not seen us play this season?.
Our players were well suited by the conditions and loved having to kick it long and not be moaned at for doing it.

With our dire Tuesday night record I am well pleased that the replay is on a Monday.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Mar 2015 12:34

A man of your age should not be using "LOL" my Liverpool loving friend.

Haven't forgotten the amount of games they've played in the competition so far, it just doesn't particularly matter.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 08 Mar 2015 12:46

Victor Meldrew Lol@ sandman for boasting about us reaching 3 quarter finals in recent years conveniently forgetting that we , as a Champ or Prem side, only have to play 3 games to get to the quarters whereas Bradford had to play 5.
Also they have beaten Prem. sides in Sunderland and Chelsea, the latter being one of the stand-out results in FA Cup history whereas we beat a couple of Champ sides plus Derby reserves with 10 men for half the game.

Lol also@ Nameless for suggesting that we got pushed around by those naughty Bradford players-did you not see the early challenge from Chalobah?
I was proud of how Reading competed for every ball in the same way as Bradford did apart of course from the spineless lump that is Robson -Kanu (football's answer to Audley Harrison).

Also Lol@ those that have suggested that we were at a disadvantage because of the way we play (as if we are Barca in disguise)-have you not seen us play this season?.
Our players were well suited by the conditions and loved having to kick it long and not be moaned at for doing it.

With our dire Tuesday night record I am well pleased that the replay is on a Monday.

bore off m8

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Mar 2015 14:26

Sandy,
Realising that most on here are kids I thought it best to make a rare post in the language that they understand. :wink:
As for whatevs deeply perceptive and thought-provoking response-whatevs.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 08 Mar 2015 15:07

VM, It's usually the way you post (i.e. tone etc) rather than the content, which I often agree with.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Mar 2015 15:14

Fair enough-I accept that it can often be the tone of a moan but that's Victor Meldrew for you.

Kredus

by Kredus » 08 Mar 2015 15:24

sandman
bradfordbantam
Norfolk Royal That song about Bradford being a sh*thole made us sound like a bunch of muppets on the telly.

We couldn't understand you at the game anyway, genuinely we couldn't work out your accents so you could have been saying anything. And we wouldn't disagree about it being a shithole! :D

Don't worry, we couldn't understand you either.

What was that dreadful "singer" going on about before the match? Certainly no Ted Sheeran*

*House of fools reference.

Who the chuff is Ted Sheeran??

.. :wink:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Mar 2015 15:30

gdroyal
Sutekh Good old fashioned ding dong cup tie neither team deserved to lose, long time since I've seen a proper game like that.

The Pog and Hector were immense

Utter shame on the idiot FA for forcing a replay on Monday week apparently because you can'y have FA Cup replays the same night when there's CL football on! :roll: Even if you want to keep to that that utter bellend idea then why not just play the game a week later instead ?

They can't play it for the next two midweeks after next Monday because it is an international week. So the only other options will be to play it after that, but I would have thought that we would have the same problems with the CL quarter finals.

The Monday date slightly helps us as we are only away at Watford on the Saturday while Bradford have to travel to Notts County and then travel to Reading. There will be some tired legs if it goes to extra time.

Bet the FA are desperately hoping ManU v Arsenal doesn't go to a replay....

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 08 Mar 2015 15:36

What about play it Friday and re-arrange the weekend game instead if the midweek game?

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 08 Mar 2015 15:55

sandman Don't worry, we couldn't understand you either. :wink:

What was that dreadful "singer" going on about before the match? Certainly no Ted Sheeran*
20k of us joined in to drown him out, on the bright side we couldn't hear him, so only you guys had to suffer. It is part of Parkys tactics..........make ears bleed.........and noses :wink:

Agreed on that, whenever Bradford sang I couldnt really make out what they were saying. And the less said about that "singer", the better :lol:

It was a good day out anyway, only had one pint in the Bradford Arms before the game as trying to get served in there was a nightmare, and this was despite getting there about 2 hours before kick off. Only 2 people on the bar?? Spoke to some friendly Bradford fans a bit nearer the ground though and had a good chat about both clubs.

I like Valley Parade as well, interesting and old school lay out. A nice contrast to the modern stadia as always. Cool how the club shop windows look onto the pitch and also how you could see all the fans streaming down the road behind and towards the club shop area from the left of the stand we were in.

Don't get me wrong from my last post, it was a good atmosphere in there and our fans were decent and made noise pretty much throughout, I just think a potentially classic match and spectacular atmosphere was spoilt by the way the teams (mostly us) chose to play. Imagine the singing and noise if there had been a few goals. I'd have even been happy with 1-0 to us in 75 minute just for the noise 4300 of us would have made for the last 15 or so minutes. Could have been really special.
Last edited by RoyallyFcuked on 08 Mar 2015 16:24, edited 2 times in total.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 08 Mar 2015 15:57

Kredus
sandman
bradfordbantam We couldn't understand you at the game anyway, genuinely we couldn't work out your accents so you could have been saying anything. And we wouldn't disagree about it being a shithole! :D

Who the chuff is Ted Sheeran??

used to be in Linken 182

hth

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Mar 2015 16:03

sandman
bradfordbantam
Norfolk Royal That song about Bradford being a sh*thole made us sound like a bunch of muppets on the telly.

We couldn't understand you at the game anyway, genuinely we couldn't work out your accents so you could have been saying anything. And we wouldn't disagree about it being a shithole! :D

Kredus Who the chuff is Ted Sheeran??

He's a bit like that Bob Mortimer but with a smaller guitar and worse teeth.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 08 Mar 2015 17:18

Good trip up, only had a single pint in the carnage that was the Bradford Arms; nice sausage egg and chips in the City Cafe; great atmosphere and friendly fans; stressful 90 minutes of terrible football and a draw a fair result.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 08 Mar 2015 17:43

Best laugh I've had at the footy for ages - Old fashioned type feel to the whole days atmosphere yesterday.

Bradford fans kicked up a good din, after a while though it just sounded like a contrived and continuous drone.

Geezer who ran on the pitch was funny (he was having a good go at winding us up near that corner close to their kop end even before the game) and he was defo off his rocker on more than just a few beers.

It was worth the £15 to see their fans reaction when Mackie carried it out of play then Pog nearly scored - 'kinell imagine if that had gone in.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Mar 2015 18:50

From Despair To Where?
3points Kelly spent most of the game up against Hanson who is a real handful. He put pressure on Hanson throughout the game, something Gunter would not have done.

I was in the second row and Kelly and Hanson spent most of the first half within 20 yds of me. Kelly's handling of Hanson was excellent. Yes, his distribution was poor but that could be said of most of the team.

And whoever gave Chalobah a 5 is plain wrong IMO, he was winning headers in front of the back 4 and giving them great protection all afternoon.

Exactly. Thought it at the time and noticed how the commentary team picked up on it when I watched the recording later in the evening. Did some great defending.

Mr.Swainey Great day out. Good session in the Bradford Arms, and a great following as well.

But what an absolute shithole that place was! Without doubt the shabbiest 'away pub' I have ever been to. Apparently the ladies toilet was locked up with a padlock. No decent ale to compensate for the appalling appearance (of pub and staff) either.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 08 Mar 2015 18:59

I think the fact it was as much of a big game for them as it was for us made it more so. To a big PL side it wouldn't have felt as big against a smaller club like Bradford or Reading (who haven't reached a domestic cup semi final for 90 odd years.) It was also pretty watchable for a neutral keen football fan, until perhaps 5 minutes after the game kicked off.

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few people changed the tv channel. The football itself wasn't exactly a great advert for the football league. Didn't really give a great view of our team/club playing like that on live tv infront of a national audience either.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Mar 2015 19:04

Victor Meldrew Lol@ sandman for boasting about us reaching 3 quarter finals in recent years conveniently forgetting that we , as a Champ or Prem side, only have to play 3 games to get to the quarters whereas Bradford had to play 5.

How the hell could we have beaten any Pemier League teams when we've not been drawn against any.

We can't just say "Sorry, that draw's rubbish, we'll have Sunderland at home , please "

145 posts