Chants about the fire?

186 posts
Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

Re: Chants about the fire?

by Huntley & Palmer » 17 Mar 2015 20:18

LWJ

:lol: :lol: :lol: If I got a 3 year ban he needs a oxf*rd 10 year.

Big Foot spotted in picture 1, wearing a scarf

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Mar 2015 20:56

From Despair To Where?
Ian Royal
From Despair To Where? So it's alright to throw objects into the stand?

No, it's just nowhere near as horrifyingly dangerous as people seem to be trying to make out.

I'm not saying it is, I just don't think it's appropriate to throw anything into a stand.

What about when mascots throw handfuls of sweets into the stands? A well aimed toffee bonbon could have your eye out.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Mar 2015 20:58

AthleticoSpizz .....but unlike the unseen coin, it has the potential to start a stampede during the panic.

Personally, a smoke can wouldn't bother me too much, but I couldn't vouch for those fleeing around me.

Not the best of ideas to throw into a confined crowd

Are you serious?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Mar 2015 21:00

Why do you ask?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Mar 2015 21:01

Because it's a bit crazy.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 17 Mar 2015 21:01

AthleticoSpizz .....but unlike the unseen coin, it has the potential to start a stampede during the panic.

Personally, a smoke can wouldn't bother me too much, but I couldn't vouch for those fleeing around me.

Not the best of ideas to throw into a confined crowd

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Mar 2015 21:04

Ian Royal Because it's a bit crazy.
Well of course.

However, a bit of googling might suggest that stranger things have happened.

Just a different take on the coin v "flare" thing "m8"

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Mar 2015 22:01

LWJ

:lol: :lol: :lol: If I got a 3 year ban he needs a oxf*rd 10 year.

Can confirm that is the idiot threw the flare in to the away stand. Not sure if worth noting but I don't think it was his flare - saw him pick it up off the ground.

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 17 Mar 2015 22:27

https://twitter.com/LondonBantam/status ... 9091808256

Bit of a reach here from a Bradford fan. He was prolly just lol'ing at a baldy

The Bantam Menace

by The Bantam Menace » 17 Mar 2015 22:28

There's now a video doing the round on Facebook of one of your lads patting his head with both hands while goading our fans - if you don't know the significance of that action ask somebody old enough to remember the images of the fire as i'm not overly keen on describing it.

I'm reasonable enough to know that this isn't a reflection on the whole of your fanbase so I'm not trying to stir any trouble or get in a tit-for-tat style row with anybody. Your club have reacted quickly to the guy throwing the flare and it would be massively appreciated if the same sort of action was taken against this utter moron too.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with your forum to post a picture but somebody has actually posted the video above.
Last edited by The Bantam Menace on 17 Mar 2015 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Mar 2015 22:31

If we're not old enough to know what it means, how does that young fan know?

The Bantam Menace

by The Bantam Menace » 17 Mar 2015 22:34

Pepe the Horseman If we're not old enough to know what it means, how does that young fan know?

By speaking to other people or using the internet?

I'm not old enough to remember Munich but if I held my arms out wide and made airplane noises around Old Trafford it would be pretty clear what I was doing. I've backed your fans up about the fire drill chant but there's not really another explanation for that action is there?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Mar 2015 22:35

Severely hope Bradford fans aren't using the dreadful events that happened to their club as a way to exaggerate a bit of over exuberance from teenage kids as it would appear they are currently attempting to do.

Who knows their motives, perhaps they are using it as a way to distract from the missile throwing and racist abuse from the away stand last night.
Last edited by sandman on 17 Mar 2015 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Mar 2015 22:35

That looks like a Cardiff ayatollah gesture, although why he'd do that I have no idea.
Hard to see a youngster coming up with that as a gesture relating to the fire, but who knows what he was thinking.
Any gesture relating to the fire is totally unwanted and at the least the club need to find and talk to the lad .

I would point out that the was a hail of objects being thrown by Bradford fans during the game and in some cases aimed at players. No justification.

But tiny minorities involved on both sides.

The Bantam Menace

by The Bantam Menace » 17 Mar 2015 22:40

sandman Severely hope Bradford fans aren't using the dreadful events that happened to their club as a way to exaggerate a bit of over exuberance from teenage kids as it would appear they are currently attempting to do.

Who knows their motives, perhaps they are using it as a way to distract from the missile throwing and racist abuse from the away stand last night.

I have no idea what you mean there Sandman?

Nobody is trying to distract from what our fans did. If anybody is caught in video throwing anything onto the pitch then I hope they're provided with a lengthy ban even if the item went nowhere near any body. As I said this certainly isn't tit-for-tat and there were morons on either side and I genuinely hope that when footage of them come out they are dealt with regardless of who the support.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Mar 2015 22:43

The Bantam Menace
Pepe the Horseman If we're not old enough to know what it means, how does that young fan know?

By speaking to other people or using the internet?

I'm not old enough to remember Munich but if I held my arms out wide and made airplane noises around Old Trafford it would be pretty clear what I was doing. I've backed your fans up about the fire drill chant but there's not really another explanation for that action is there?

As mentioned in the post above yours, he was probs taking the piss out of a baldy. Literally never seen or heard anything about that gesture. If he is having a dig at the fire, then whatacunt. But seems unlikely.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Mar 2015 22:46

This patting of the head incident reminds me of the flare incident away at Bradford - would be very surprised if the lad had any idea of the connotations, I certainly didn't, and just seems like Bradford fans are able to interrupt every act as some sort of dig at the fire.

The Bantam Menace

by The Bantam Menace » 17 Mar 2015 22:47

Pepe the Horseman As mentioned in the post above yours, he was probs taking the piss out of a baldy. Literally never seen or heard anything about that gesture. If he is having a dig at the fire, then whatacunt. But seems unlikely.

I have seen that gesture before sadly and wasn't being used to indicate baldness.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Mar 2015 22:47

The Bantam Menace
sandman Severely hope Bradford fans aren't using the dreadful events that happened to their club as a way to exaggerate a bit of over exuberance from teenage kids as it would appear they are currently attempting to do.

I have no idea what you mean there Sandman?

Nobody is trying to distract from what our fans did. If anybody is caught in video throwing anything onto the pitch then I hope they're provided with a lengthy ban even if the item went nowhere near any body. As I said this certainly isn't tit-for-tat and there were morons on either side and I genuinely hope that when footage of them come out they are dealt with regardless of who the support.

Like I say, I hope it's not the case but it wouldn't be the first time a set of fans have seen their team lose a big game and lashed out.

The Bantam Menace

by The Bantam Menace » 17 Mar 2015 22:53

Jagermesiter1871 This patting of the head incident reminds me of the flare incident away at Bradford - would be very surprised if the lad had any idea of the connotations, I certainly didn't, and just seems like Bradford fans are able to interrupt every act as some sort of dig at the fire.

The incident of the flare at Bradford wasn't people getting upset because your fan was purposefully having a pop at the fire by the way. It was because for some people seeing smoke billowing across the ground doesn't exactly bring back great memories and at the very least it was unintentionally insensitive which I'm sure is a position you can understand if you put yourself in the position of our fans who are 40+.

We're genuinely not grief junkies who are looking to take offence at any little incident but the head patting action is one we've been faced with previously.

186 posts