261 posts
YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

Re: RUMOUR/SPECULATION - YANN KERMOGANT

by YateleyRoyal » 15 Jan 2016 16:39

TBM
YateleyRoyal
RoyalJames101 An experienced striker who has a proven track record at this level and people still moan :roll:

42 goals in 127 championship games when he was younger than 34 - not the best record.

As opposed to 18 goals in 103 games that our current "top scorer" has

What's your point? Our current crop are rubbish - that's why we're looking at others...

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 15 Jan 2016 16:46

YateleyRoyal
TBM
YateleyRoyal
42 goals in 127 championship games when he was younger than 34 - not the best record.

As opposed to 18 goals in 103 games that our current "top scorer" has

What's your point? Our current crop are rubbish - that's why we're looking at others...

My point is 42 goals in 127 games is better than 18 goals in 103

So Kermitthefrog >>>>> Blackman

royal67

by royal67 » 15 Jan 2016 17:05

This smacks of short term desperation. I understand that McD will want to remodel the squad and put his stamp on things but this seems a signing just for the sake of a signing. Surely his rumoured scouting genius can come up with a better option than Kermogant....?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jan 2016 17:17

Nameless
Ian Royal
WoodleyRoyal
So Brian is quoted in the getreading article comparing him to the Jason Roberts signing... Ian royaLOL making a oxf*rd of himself since 2004

Well he's also wrong on this occasion then, seeing as their career is nothing similar, he won't provide anything like the same level of higher level experience, he's only stepping down a level in the most technical of terms, and he's not going to be the catalyst to win us the league. Not keen on the signing, I'd rather give players like Liburd, Samuel, Cardwell and Novakovich a chance, but he probably won't be a) as injury ruined as Roberts, b) as costly. And he may score a few goals, though I have my doubts.

Also, what Get Reading article and what's the comparison, seeing as I'm taking it entirely on faith from you he's made any. Which seems quite stupid of me.

I think Getreading articles are sometimes posted on line so you could check and see before commenting !
Brian simply said getting an old head in can be a good move and gave the example of Roberts as something he had done in the past that had worked. He didn't say anything comparing this guy with Roberts apart from to say that they looked a bit alike.

Nailed it in one part of the post at least then.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Jan 2016 17:38

I love the statement that his goal scoring can't be considered because it happened 'when he was younger'.
If we could sign a player with a goal scoring record that relates to when he is older than he is now the we'd be on to a winner !
I'm also confused by the description of Blackman as young, hungry and in form. At 26 he's not young in football terms, he's never looked especially hungry and he had a good run of a dozen games that stand out as being completely out of character in his career to date.
I loved the dramatic transformation in Blackman but it would be a big assumption to think that his Autumn form will be his new everyday level. We may have been lucky to cash in when his shares were at their peak, although of course he could also prove to be a consistent top level performer. There was no guarantee what sort of player he would be for the next 2 or 3 seasons

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Jan 2016 19:12

Nameless I love the statement that his goal scoring can't be considered because it happened 'when he was younger'.
If we could sign a player with a goal scoring record that relates to when he is older than he is now the we'd be on to a winner !
I'm also confused by the description of Blackman as young, hungry and in form. At 26 he's not young in football terms, he's never looked especially hungry and he had a good run of a dozen games that stand out as being completely out of character in his career to date.
I loved the dramatic transformation in Blackman but it would be a big assumption to think that his Autumn form will be his new everyday level. We may have been lucky to cash in when his shares were at their peak, although of course he could also prove to be a consistent top level performer. There was no guarantee what sort of player he would be for the next 2 or 3 seasons

Yet again Nameless nails it.

Every transfer in and out is a risk. Based on past form (ie more than 5 weeks over 2 months ago) and his current contract situation the decision would appear to be sane. But guess what? We could be wrong..!?!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2016 19:27

Kermogant, based on his goal scoring record at this level seems like a very low-risk gamble. What's not to like?

What's not to like?........... I'll tell you what.....it's still only speculative rumour....that's what's not to like.

But yeah, let's play the kids.......but let's get 2 or 3 goals up first.......the season ain't dead just yet.....nor is a proven striker at 34

Ageist pcunts

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2016 22:19

Scoring every other game in the Chump....just in case "so-called Dave" can't get the words out right

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2016 22:51

Am hugely underwhelmed about this but we've said the same thing about various McD signings over the years. One thing is McD has a decent track record of signing older "has been" players, Roberts, Harte, Griffin and Zurab all spring to mind, but maybe I'm clutching at straws.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2016 23:34

.....again, 26 in 58 in his last two seasons in the Chump.

Hope he continues to underwhelm us all

On the "off chance" that the rumour is right...of course

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Jan 2016 09:26

Dread to think the slagging the club would have got when Quinny Jim joined.

Then there's Trevor Morley......

And wow was Blackman delivering. Scored as many goals as Vydra in the last 2.5 months he was here...

No brainer, £4m for a player every one of us would have gladly got rid of for a bag of spanners last season and replacing with a player who, maybe aged, but is proven at this level and brings a better balance to the squad is a considerable improvement.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Jan 2016 21:13

Sutekh No brainer, £4m for a player every one of us would have gladly got rid of for a bag of spanners last season and replacing with a player who, maybe aged, but is proven at this level and brings a better balance to the squad is a considerable improvement.

If it is £4m, and Austin off to Southampton for the same amount is truly remarkable. I'm not sure if we got a great deal or QPR got a terrible one. Probably a bit of both.

Back on topic the more I think about it the more I'd be okay with Kermorgant.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 21:26

I hear you brother

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 19 Jan 2016 10:20

Birmingham bound apparently. A new low when we can't compete for a 34 year old.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Jan 2016 10:34

One8Seven1* Birmingham bound apparently. A new low when we can't compete for a 34 year old.

Where has this Birmingham interest coming from? I literally googled Yann Kermorgant Birmingham which has thrown up no transfer news at all.

As an aside even if it is true how is losing out to a Championship currently 9 points ahead of us a new low?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Jan 2016 10:38

He read it on twitter that B'ham were now the bookies favourites to sign him, even though there isn't actually a market for it.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 19 Jan 2016 10:40

One8Seven1* Birmingham bound apparently. A new low when we can't compete for a 34 year old.

Maybe we decided to pursue other targets

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 19 Jan 2016 10:41

Yeah this is pretty humiliating tbh. I'm having to hide in the toilets atm, don't want anyone in the office to see me like this.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 19 Jan 2016 12:18

Agreed - a real low in club's history of not paying out a lot of cash for a 34 year old in a season where the chances of getting into the play-offs are anyway already very slim to be honest.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 19 Jan 2016 12:37

loyalroyal4life

Maybe we decided to pursue other targets

The right players weren't available at the right price.. is the standard line/excuse/Reading way.

261 posts