CONLOLFIMRED - TshibLOLa to ViLOLLOLa

222 posts
One8Seven1*

Re: Tshibola to leave?

by One8Seven1* » 23 Jun 2016 12:49

maffff I can't see Tish leaving, just can't even consider the prospect.

The fans relationship with the owners will take another huge hit if they sell him. You can't say there's next to no money available and we need to rely on youth, and then sell your best youth product. It sends out completely the wrong message.

The Cat 1 academy costs something in the region of £2.5m a season to run? Begs the question why bother if all we're going to do is sell the better players we produce just to stay afloat, or to provide the manager with a % of the funds to bring in free transfers/cheapo signings..

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jun 2016 13:35

One8Seven1* The Cat 1 academy costs something in the region of £2.5m a season to run? Begs the question why bother if all we're going to do is sell the better players we produce just to stay afloat, or to provide the manager with a % of the funds to bring in free transfers/cheapo signings..

Depends if the value of the transfer is above £2.5m, if it was the the academy is in profit, from a business standpoint.

FWIW, I don't want Tish to go and think he could be a great player, but I think expectations are a little high on what he is worth and what the club will likely accept.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jun 2016 15:16

genome
One8Seven1* The Cat 1 academy costs something in the region of £2.5m a season to run? Begs the question why bother if all we're going to do is sell the better players we produce just to stay afloat, or to provide the manager with a % of the funds to bring in free transfers/cheapo signings..

Depends if the value of the transfer is above £2.5m, if it was the the academy is in profit, from a business standpoint.

FWIW, I don't want Tish to go and think he could be a great player, but I think expectations are a little high on what he is worth and what the club will likely accept.

All the same £2m, when they've been blathering on about the importance of using the Academy, for a very bright prospect who is still under contract for a couple of years I believe, when there is no desperate need to sell is completely unacceptable in my mind - especially when he'd be moving to a rival in the same division.

If it was a PL club I could see the logic but this sends out all the wrong messages to supporters (and other young players) especially when all we seem to be doing is signing up a load of unproven, unknown and uninspiring foreign players who all appear to be signed to the same agency.

There is something very wrong with the player sales and recruitment policy at the club based on this summer so far.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Jun 2016 15:59

Based on 0 out, 1 in?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Jun 2016 16:01

Can't make any judgement yet. Sa was our first signing last year and he didn't arrive until 29th June.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Jun 2016 10:04

Jaap says, not for sale.

Tommio

by Tommio » 29 Jun 2016 11:06

maffff Jaap says, not for sale.

Hooray

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Jun 2016 11:19

Jolly good, that should add an extra couple of hundred k to the price tag.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Jun 2016 11:35

"His future is here, I've told the club that. I don't want him to leave."

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Jun 2016 13:21

Well said Jaap Stam. Let's hope it's a sign that he's his own man and won't take much shit from the owners.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Jun 2016 13:35

If that's been said then I feel a little more hopeful that next season won't be a complete disaster - though I'm still not expecting more than mid-table obscurity (and perhaps that only being achieved after a slow start as players and management start to gel their understanding of each other).

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 29 Jun 2016 14:31

Sutekh

If that's been said then I feel a little more hopeful that next season won't be a complete disaster - though I'm still not expecting more than mid-table obscurity (and perhaps that only being achieved after a slow start as players and management start to gel their understanding of each other).

Our league finish I think will depend on what strikers we can get in. If we can bring in two excellent strikers and a skillful winger who can deliver service then promotion is also possible. We will need a new goalkeeper as well if we have serious aspirations of a top two finish. Al Habsi's lack of command, judgement, presence and regular mistakes will cost too many points.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Jun 2016 17:31

From Despair To Where? Well said Jaap Stam. Let's hope it's a sign that he's his own man and won't take much shit from the owners.

Tiger: "Hi Jaap, just to let you know, we're going to be selling Aaron Tshibola to Norw-"

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 30 Jun 2016 08:40

Top Flight
Sutekh

Our league finish I think will depend on what strikers we can get in. If we can bring in two excellent strikers and a skillful winger who can deliver service then promotion is also possible. We will need a new goalkeeper as well if we have serious aspirations of a top two finish. Al Habsi's lack of command, judgement, presence and regular mistakes will cost too many points.

Wow, a great post. And from you of all people.

We were flying high last season when we had a couple of in form strikers and service from wide. It went tits up when they dried up and the confidence was shot, without naming Vydra names. There's not a lot of difference between the teams in the Championship and we know this - take Brighton for example, I don't think many of their fans would have predicted being a whisker away from the playoffs this time a year ago, in fact I'm sure many were probably thinking about the drop.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 01 Jul 2016 01:35

:lol:

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 04 Jul 2016 14:48

Aston Villa make £5million bid for Tshibola.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Jul 2016 15:07

Oilroyal Aston Villa make £5million bid for Tshibola.

Chuck a sell on to that and I'd take it.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 04 Jul 2016 15:13

oof

we will find it extremely hard to rebuff that
and even stam would reconsider if he was given all of that for new signings...

Jano

by Jano » 04 Jul 2016 15:22

If he wants to go as suggested by Get Reading, there isn't really much we can do. Why he'd want to work with Steve Clarke again though is mindboggling.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 04 Jul 2016 15:26

Could I suggest we all bring our boots to the Preston game. At this rate we may be the only ones left.

Disappointed he's gone at the first sign of someone promising untold riches. Agents have been busy here I fear. Sharks.

222 posts