Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR- Liam Moore

by PistolPete » 09 Aug 2016 15:35

Neither humble nor honest. No idea where we stand therefore :|

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Aug 2016 18:26

I suspect Jaap wants a ball playing CB and for all Cooper's strengths, and he is a decent stopper with bags of potential, he looks like a baby giraffe on rollerskates with the ball at his feet. I think a year with Stam will see him take big strides forward.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Aug 2016 18:35

From Despair To Where? I suspect Jaap wants a ball playing CB and for all Cooper's strengths, and he is a decent stopper with bags of potential, he looks like a baby giraffe on rollerskates with the ball at his feet. I think a year with Stam will see him take big strides forward.

Well he won't take small strides anywhere with those legs.

I think Coop is just a bit too awkward and gangly to make it playing above bottom end Champ. I think Dickie and Hyam are more likely to play at a higher level successfully.

He's definitely worth some more perserverance, but I think he should have to force his way past someone better into the team, not be number 2 from the off.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Aug 2016 20:23

Ian Royal
From Despair To Where? I suspect Jaap wants a ball playing CB and for all Cooper's strengths, and he is a decent stopper with bags of potential, he looks like a baby giraffe on rollerskates with the ball at his feet. I think a year with Stam will see him take big strides forward.

I think Coop is just a bit too awkward and gangly to make it playing above bottom end Champ. I think Dickie and Hyam are more likely to play at a higher level successfully.

He's definitely worth some more perserverance, but I think he should have to force his way past someone better into the team, not be number 2 from the off.

Awkward and gangly like Mertesacker? or Hangeland? or Naldo?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 09 Aug 2016 20:30

What a lot of rubbish. Cooper looks brilliant every game. Hes just young and inconsistent and has 1 howler every game with his decision making.
Thatll come with experience and coaching.
It hasnt helped being thrown in the deep end as our number 2 CB straight away.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Aug 2016 21:59

NewCorkSeth
Ian Royal

Being very tall doesn't automatically make you awkward and gangly. That's why I didn't say he's too tall to make it.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Aug 2016 22:03

Ian Royal
NewCorkSeth
Ian Royal Well he won't take small strides anywhere with those legs.

Being very tall doesn't automatically make you awkward and gangly. That's why I didn't say he's too tall to make it.

AH HA! But I would argue Mertesacker was awkward and gangly as a 21 year old playing for Hannover.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Aug 2016 22:12

NewCorkSeth
Ian Royal
NewCorkSeth Awkward and gangly like Mertesacker? or Hangeland? or Naldo?

AH HA! But I would argue Mertesacker was awkward and gangly as a 21 year old playing for Hannover.

I've no idea, I never saw Mertesacker at the same stage of his development. I'm not saying it's guaranteed or prophesying the future, I'm expressing an opinion about what I think is the most likely outcome. Just saying Mertesacker at me isn't going to change my mind having watched Cooper play for a season or so.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Aug 2016 22:17

Ian Royal
NewCorkSeth
Ian Royal

I've no idea, I never saw Mertesacker at the same stage of his development. I'm not saying it's guaranteed or prophesying the future, I'm expressing an opinion about what I think is the most likely outcome. Just saying Mertesacker at me isn't going to change my mind having watched Cooper play for a season or so.

What if I said a different name?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Aug 2016 22:18

NewCorkSeth
Ian Royal
NewCorkSeth AH HA! But I would argue Mertesacker was awkward and gangly as a 21 year old playing for Hannover.

What if I said a different name?

There is definitely one name that would change my mind.... but I'm not telling you which one. HA!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Aug 2016 09:34

It worked for Martin Hicks, didn't hear too many complaints then.....

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Aug 2016 12:14

Heard many complaints and saw a few fanzine covers moaning about Martin Hicks' rather limited array of passes and Branfoot's tactics in general.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Aug 2016 13:29

Sutekh It worked for Martin Hicks, didn't hear too many complaints then.....

Different game nowadays. Not sure he played in the same kind of system either.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 10 Aug 2016 16:34

You can't blame Cooper making odd mistakes when he's still carrying Lukaku around in his pocket.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Aug 2016 18:36

What I wanted most in pre-season was a centre-back and really wanted this Moore move to come off ....... however, i'm really intrigued to see how VDB does there. Lacking pace, but his reading of the game looks awesome.

Can't say i'm too fussed by Moore now, with Cooper and Grav as back up

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Aug 2016 08:09

One wonders for how much longer this utter farce of a transfer is going to go on before it is concluded one way or another.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 11 Aug 2016 14:48

According to CW it's close to being completed now

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 11 Aug 2016 14:52

RoyalJones According to CW it's close to being completed now

I'm sure I've heard this every week for a month?

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 11 Aug 2016 15:44

RoyalJones According to CW it's close to being completed now

Ground hog day.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 11 Aug 2016 19:21

This is getting silly now. 3rd Reading bid turned down and Moore mulling over a transfer request. http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10532287/leicester-defender-liam-moore-mulls-over-transfer-request-sky-sources

This needs sorting

226 posts