The Warnock post match moan thread

239 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Jan 2007 14:32

Arch
Royal Rother Indeed, and thank you. Hmm, I seem to recall we were in the minority in the Ronaldo bruhaha as well. Why is neutral good sense so hard for football supporters to find in the wake of a controversy?
Yes, ye. But what about what Coppell said about Lita. :wink:

Even God made some mistakes, so I'll excuse Coppell his! :wink:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Jan 2007 14:32

Good posts.

I don't think (could be wrong, just my opinion) the the *stamp-gesturing* was Colin was telling his players to stamp ours - seems plausible and more likely to me he was referring to another incident during the match where he felt we fouled - but that's only that particular motion I'm talking about.

HOWEVER I'm convinced he told not just Gillespie to be rough on Hunt, but that was his game plan in general and was probably encouraging such behaviour the whole game.

As can be seen by my other posts I've never minded Colin. But it's getting to the point, as I'm more convinced of his evil antics, where I'm beginning to think he should be banned.

(But I fully agree with DBR - he's nowhere near as evil as Mourinho)

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Jan 2007 14:35

But roughing up / targetting certain opposition players with suspect temperaments has been a part of the game since 1871 hasn't it?

The fact that Hunt actually HASN'T got a suspect temperament is another matter altogether!!

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 21 Jan 2007 14:40

Royal Rother Why is neutral good sense so hard for football supporters to find in the wake of a controversy?

Well, fair point in some (er, many, and probably most if not all but a few) cases --but I must point out here that I for one have detested Colin since the times when I in fact was a neutral, and long before I threw any and all semblance of good sense to the wind...

:wink:

wiggso

by wiggso » 21 Jan 2007 14:57

Scrappy

The gesture. Tw@t.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 21 Jan 2007 15:05

I disliked him until we started to have arivalry five years ago. And let's face it, in the short run, Sheffield United have been our biggest rivals consistently over the last five seasons, rucks with the likes of WHU and Chelsea notwithstanding. He's an integral part of that rivalry, always has good things to say about Reading, amd does make interesting viewing. i'd miss him if we didn't have him.

For whatever reason, Colin had identified the right as a possible weakness. So his instructions to Gillespie are presumably to get Hunt rattled into losing his composure and expose De La Cruz. It's not the beautiful game, but it's not evil either. Unfortunately fo Colin, it backfired in the way we all know. There's no way he sent gillespie on to get sent off before the ball was in play. What followed was handbags, passions running high in a game that's come to have a lot of significance for both sides. It wasn't an occasion for international sanctions. You can't take an aggressive stance, you can;t push the opposing manager. Go to the stands, here's your fine, here's your three match ban. End of story.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 21 Jan 2007 15:07

On Goals on Sunday you could see Warnock says/shouts something about breaking a leg by reading his lips.
"Break his *beep*ing leg" looks very similar.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 21 Jan 2007 15:15

Arch It wasn't an occasion for international sanctions. You can't take an aggressive stance, you can;t push the opposing manager. Go to the stands, here's your fine, here's your three match ban. End of story.

Haven't and won't defend the reaction (haven't even seen it yet, but that's another story) --you just can't do it, as we all know, and of course he'll pay. No room for dispute there.

Still, you gotta love the irony --he "only did what any fan would love to do," which echoes the very rationale that Colin's apoLOLogists are always trotting out in defense of their guy's antics. :roll:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Jan 2007 15:49

lozz2601 On Goals on Sunday you could see Warnock says/shouts something about breaking a leg by reading his lips.

His view was that Sidwell's challenge on Armstrong could have ended up "breaking his *beep*ing leg".

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Jan 2007 15:52

A thought just occurred to me - I wonder what my middle name will be on Space Cruiser's first post of the day tomorrow...

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 21 Jan 2007 15:53

Wonder what the Ulsterman Gillespie may have said to the Sothern Irish Hunty to get him so riled and vice-versa?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Jan 2007 15:57

Uke Wonder what the Ulsterman Gillespie may have said to the Sothern Irish Hunty to get him so riled and vice-versa?

"You're a bumface"?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Jan 2007 15:59

I don't recall seeing Hunty "getting riled". He looked shocked that he'd been elbowed and shocked again the second time. At no time did Hunt reciprocate, from what I've seen, so I dispute your comments.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 21 Jan 2007 16:00

Royal Rother
lozz2601 On Goals on Sunday you could see Warnock says/shouts something about breaking a leg by reading his lips.

His view was that Sidwell's challenge on Armstrong could have ended up "breaking his *beep*ing leg".

This was the challenge that Armstrong got up from and played on fine after seeing Sidwell get booked. I think its no co-incidence that they tried and failed to hack down Hunt after the drop ball.

Wally,
Wally Downes
Wally
Wally Downes.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Jan 2007 16:02

Oh, and according to the Mail on Sunday, Copps isn't going to fine Wally or castigate him. I think that sums up perfectly the fact that Copps also believes, as he stated, that Warnock made that gesture on purpose and was not really moaning about that Sidwell tackle. If Copps had any doubts, he'd have publicly stated that he would fine Wally and didn't approve of his actions imho.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 21 Jan 2007 16:06

Royal Lady I don't recall seeing Hunty "getting riled". He looked shocked that he'd been elbowed and shocked again the second time. At no time did Hunt reciprocate, from what I've seen, so I dispute your comments.

True, Hunty was stunned. Maybe Hunty said something, but then who really cares?

Was there any history between them though? Or is Gillespie a complete cock?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Jan 2007 16:07

I think it's the second option.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 21 Jan 2007 16:31

Royal Rother A thought just occurred to me - I wonder what my middle name will be on Space Cruiser's first post of the day tomorrow...
He's always very civil to you, always calls you "Mr." E.g. Mr. Royal Amoeba Brain Rother.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Jan 2007 16:34

Royal Lady Oh, and according to the Mail on Sunday, Copps isn't going to fine Wally or castigate him. I think that sums up perfectly the fact that Copps also believes, as he stated, that Warnock made that gesture on purpose and was not really moaning about that Sidwell tackle. If Copps had any doubts, he'd have publicly stated that he would fine Wally and didn't approve of his actions imho.

Where and how did Coppell say that? Quote please.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 21 Jan 2007 16:38

Royal Rother

He said to the ref. that Sidwell's challenge some minutes before was worse (than an elbow to the face) or he got carried away with the occasion. The doesn't make any sense and he's got a track record of getting a bit excitable.

239 posts