Back from the game

nivek elyod

by nivek elyod » 16 Apr 2007 14:14

BR2 BTW did you notice it was Kitson yet again who won back possession which then led to our goal?

BTW did you notice it was Doyle yet again who picked Hunt out of a large crowd to score the goal?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 16 Apr 2007 14:22

nivek elyod
BR2 BTW did you notice it was Kitson yet again who won back possession which then led to our goal?

BTW did you notice it was Doyle yet again who picked Hunt out of a large crowd to score the goal?

But if Kitson hadn't been aware, and got the ball back off a half asleep Quedrue, Doyle would never got the chance to set Hunt up.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 16 Apr 2007 14:26

Its amazing the number of dipsticks around me that yell "that was offside" at a lino having just seen an 'offside' opponent receive the ball direct from a throw in :roll:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 16 Apr 2007 14:28

Barry the bird boggler Its amazing the number of dipsticks around me that yell "that was offside" at a lino having just seen an 'offside' opponent receive the ball direct from a throw in :roll:

Y21? Most realised their mistake and stopped "mid-yell".

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 16 Apr 2007 15:01

Behindu
West Stand Man
Behindu
Tony Le Mesmer
spike25 What was up with Bocanegro's assault on Doyle (maybe 80th minute)? How was that not at least a yellow card? And no foul was called at all? Unbelievable.

The one where the ref had already blown for an earlier foul?

There was no earlier foul, and the ref blew very late (on the TV you can see that it is AFTER Doyle was been fouled that the ref is extending an arm to indicate a foul against Long (incorrectly).

There was an earlier foul according to the referee, which is why he brought play back to the place where it was committed.

There was no earlier foul.

Although I agree the ref did blow and award a fee kick.

Are you suggesting that he was playing some kind of advantage to Fulham as Doyle raced though on goal and only decided to blow once he realised a red card offence had been committed ?

I assumed he responded late to (and bought play back for) a linesman's offside flag not an earlier foul.

Skyline

by Skyline » 16 Apr 2007 15:10

From Despair To Where? This week has tipped me over the precipace of disillusionment with the Premiership. It's got nothing to do with our results or our run of form. I'm sure i'll get some git going "what are you moaning for, were in the top half of the premiership, things have never been this good". Well, from my perspective we have had it this good and we've had it a oxf*rd of a lot better. The soul of the game is rotten to the core in the Premiership. It's too self important and it's no longer fun.

Firstly the Poll incident. it's a clogger's charter and shouldn't be implemented unilaterally and the oxf*rd gets praised for it by the Premier League.

Secondly, El Kharkouri. Lita gets a 3 match ban and that cheating, feigning oxf*rd gets off scot free.

Thirdly, Fulham today, typical Premiership team, petty little infringements, stealing yards etc. They get warned by the ref, continue doing it and what happens? oxf*rd all.

Fourthly, the referees and linesmen, even worse than the Football League. Star struck by the bigger names and eager to please them.

Fifthly, I've seen Reading in all 4 divisions, had a season ticket since 1988, go to 35+ games a season and I'm pissed off with the lack of integrity in the Premiership. I have a near 500 mile round trip for every home game. Holy Grail? Poisoned chalice, more like. It's increasingly hard to justify to myself the expense of a season ticket for next year because I don't want to watch this self indulgent, self important shit and I don't want my team to go down that road. oxf*rd wake me up when were back in the football league.

It's not just me that feels this way then.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 16 Apr 2007 16:17

Barry the bird boggler Its amazing the number of dipsticks around me that yell "that was offside" at a lino having just seen an 'offside' opponent receive the ball direct from a throw in :roll:

same, i sit in north, b16, so i wouldve thought they wouldve known a bit better