Y26 you are a disgrace.

200 posts
papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 06 May 2007 11:09

Huntley & Palmer I left with approximately 5 minutes on the clock, I wanted to leave after about 60 mins when I realised that we weren't going to score in yet another awfuul game against the single worst football playing team in the land. I couldn't give two oxf*rd about anyone leaving early or staying till the end, they team didn't deserve my claps after a performance like that today. Got onto the first bus at the bottom of the slope and was back in the pub at 5pm. I'd like to know why anyone would take issue with that and thank it is appauling that people would openly confront their own fans in the ground as they left. Fair play to those that told them to oxf*rd off in no uncertain terms

Much the same, but I had to be in Oxford, changed into black tie, for 6 pm.

If it wasn't for that, I might have stayed. But there's something else outside the football ground sometimes.

Stretts
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stretts » 06 May 2007 11:38

Compo's Hat I'd like to thank all the fans who stayed for the lap of honour as i got home in record time :wink:

FWIW I stayed for the lap of honour because I was thanking them for the season not yesterday's performance. I'm glad so many people went early because I got out of the Holiday Inn and onto the M4 in record time for the trip back to Shropshire.

melksham_royal

by melksham_royal » 06 May 2007 11:46

what's the matter with all you people whining about us leaving early? it's pathetic! do you honestly believe that our players give a shit whether we're there or not at the final whistle? they do a lap of honour because it's convention, every team does it! its been an excellent season and iv shown my appreciation by cheering on my team at every game this season. just because you stayed until 'the end of the game' (i put emphasis on that because quite frankly the game ended the second king headed in their second) doesn't mean you're a better supporter than me or anyone else that left early.

at the end of the day, i go to watch football and support my team who have done fantastic this season and il show my appreciation cheering them on at blackburn, i don't go to the game to idolise the players at the end of what was a pretty poor display

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 06 May 2007 11:55

melksham_royal what's the matter with all you people whining about us leaving early? it's pathetic! do you honestly believe that our players give a shit whether we're there or not at the final whistle? they do a lap of honour because it's convention, every team does it! its been an excellent season and iv shown my appreciation by cheering on my team at every game this season. just because you stayed until 'the end of the game' (i put emphasis on that because quite frankly the game ended the second king headed in their second) doesn't mean you're a better supporter than me or anyone else that left early.

at the end of the day, i go to watch football and support my team who have done fantastic this season and il show my appreciation cheering them on at blackburn, i don't go to the game to idolise the players at the end of what was a pretty poor display

What is pathetic is that the morons are out in force on this thread defending their right to leave early when that isn't the issue that the original poster brought up anyway.

Put your toys back in your pram and learn to read.

The violent scenes in the East Stand were 100% unacceptable, and as said earlier in this thread, I hope there are a fair few season tickets in that area now available for next season.

melksham_royal

by melksham_royal » 06 May 2007 12:01

cmonurz
melksham_royal what's the matter with all you people whining about us leaving early? it's pathetic! do you honestly believe that our players give a shit whether we're there or not at the final whistle? they do a lap of honour because it's convention, every team does it! its been an excellent season and iv shown my appreciation by cheering on my team at every game this season. just because you stayed until 'the end of the game' (i put emphasis on that because quite frankly the game ended the second king headed in their second) doesn't mean you're a better supporter than me or anyone else that left early.

What is pathetic is that the morons are out in force on this thread defending their right to leave early when that isn't the issue that the original poster brought up anyway.

The violent scenes in the East Stand were 100% unacceptable, and as said earlier in this thread, I hope there are a fair few season tickets in that area now available for next season.

mate its been about it for the last 5 pages, do you not understand that some threads tend to swerve off the original topic? i think its fair to say the topic is now about people leaving early now dont be so pedantic and write something people actually care about reading

Stretts
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stretts » 06 May 2007 12:02

funniest post ever :lol:

rodnich

by rodnich » 06 May 2007 12:12

Anyone who uses the phrase plastic is a sad c u n t!

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 06 May 2007 12:15

rodnich Anyone who uses the phrase plastic is a sad c u n t!

Like you never :lol:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 May 2007 12:16

TWRoyal Anyone got any video footage of the fighting?

What is more worrying is that this post is for real!!

:shock: :roll:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 06 May 2007 12:21

cmonurz What is pathetic is that the morons are out in force on this thread defending their right to leave early when that isn't the issue that the original poster brought up anyway.

Well that's see what he said shall we...?

the fact no one from y26 was left for the lap of honour contributes to it

A large amount of Y26 got up to leave en masse after the second goal went in. Where rightly told to sit the oxf*rd down

It was a good 5 minutes early, and was immediately after the second goal went in so it was instantly transparent. I've never seen such a large number of fans from Y26 simultaneously get up and leave.

These are the self-proclaimed best supporters at the club.

Yes they were rightly told to sit down. there was a good 10 minutes of play left, how many times have we seen Reading make a come back in ten minutes?

I think there's plenty of evidence there to suggest that "zac naloen" has an issue with people leaving early, an opinion that fully deserved a riposte.

Now who needs to learn to read?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 06 May 2007 12:22

melksham_royal
cmonurz

mate its been about it for the last 5 pages, do you not understand that some threads tend to swerve off the original topic? i think its fair to say the topic is now about people leaving early now dont be so pedantic and write something people actually care about reading

No, this thread is about the disgrace of the fans who were fighting each other in Y26. It only became 'about leaving early' when some of you got your shields out and started defending your right to do as you please, when no-one ever said you shouldn't in the first place!

Mate.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 06 May 2007 12:24

zac naloen It's the fighting that makes them a disgrace, the leaving just makes them "plastic"

Zac made it clear what the thread was aimed at. You have to ask what's more pathetic - the bitching that does exist on this thread about people leaving early, or the murder-trial level of defence that some posters use in response.

melksham_royal

by melksham_royal » 06 May 2007 12:28

cmonurz
melksham_royal
cmonurz

No, this thread is about the disgrace of the fans who were fighting each other in Y26. It only became 'about leaving early' when some of you got your shields out and started defending your right to do as you please, when no-one ever said you shouldn't in the first place!

Mate.

A large amount of Y26 got up to leave en masse after the second goal went in. Were RIGHTLY told to sit the oxf*rd down. thats someone saying i shouldnt not be allowed to leave early? RIGHTLY? i think that makes this thread very much an issue about people leaving early. why dont you start your own thread - violence in y26 ONLY. anyone suggesting other topics will be shot

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 06 May 2007 12:29

cmonurz
zac naloen It's the fighting that makes them a disgrace, the leaving just makes them "plastic"

Zac made it clear what the thread was aimed at. You have to ask what's more pathetic - the bitching that does exist on this thread about people leaving early, or the murder-trial level of defence that some posters use in response.

he did ... now stop the bitching :roll:

zac naloen
pieface How is thw whole of Y26 a disgrace you muppet.Thier maybe some people who sit in thier who are a disgrace but not everyone in sitting in y26 go round looking for a fight.

I'm sorry, I don't know individual names. And perhaps the fact no one from y26 was left for the lap of honour contributes to it :roll:

melksham_royal

by melksham_royal » 06 May 2007 12:29

cmonurz

or the people that have to ask the question

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 06 May 2007 12:30

Calm down dear. Both sides of this argument has got themselves in a completely tizz over this subject, which I guess shows us why some pathetic individuals were fighting in the East Stand yesterday. Life bans a-plenty, I hope.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 06 May 2007 12:30

melksham_royal
cmonurz

or the people that have to ask the question

:lol: Great comeback.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 06 May 2007 12:31

Why does this have to be a single-issue thread? Zac has made repeated statements about people leaving early (more so than about violence), so what's wrong with picking him up on it if you happen to disagree?

Fair game IMHO, and doesn't need idiots wading in teling others to learn how to read.

On the topic of violence - nobody condones it, and personally I didn't even see it so have little to add on the matter.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 06 May 2007 12:31

I think this destroys any argument from zac noleon though cmonurz

"A large amount of Y26 got up to leave en masse after the second goal went in. Where rightly told to sit the oxf*rd down and then they started hitting people".

No-one has the right to tell anyone when they can leave, if someone had said something to me I would have told them where to go in no uncertain terms.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 06 May 2007 12:35

Huntley & Palmer I think this destroys any argument from zac noleon though cmonurz

"A large amount of Y26 got up to leave en masse after the second goal went in. Where rightly told to sit the oxf*rd down and then they started hitting people".

No-one has the right to tell anyone when they can leave, if someone had said something to me I would have told them where to go in no uncertain terms.

I'm sorry that some people here seem to think that violence is an acceptable course of action.

200 posts