Seol... on Yahoo news

158 posts
brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Jun 2007 10:12

Stranded
SpaceCruiser
Royal Rother I'll add my summary that I think there is a great player somewhere inside Seol but he lacks the mental strength

Are you calling him a thicky? Jeez, is there no end to your delusions of mental superiority?

Oh dear Spacey, Mental strength is not about intelligence in this instance.

It's about self belief and confidence in your ability. RR is suggesting that Seol may not fully believe that he is as talented as he is so takes the easy route out at times rather than challenging himself.

or hes been booed so often that hes petrified of making a mistake/losing possesion, so passes back each time rather than beat his man

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Jun 2007 10:14

brendywendy
Stranded
SpaceCruiser
Royal Rother I'll add my summary that I think there is a great player somewhere inside Seol but he lacks the mental strength

Are you calling him a thicky? Jeez, is there no end to your delusions of mental superiority?

It's about self belief and confidence in your ability. RR is suggesting that Seol may not fully believe that he is as talented as he is so takes the easy route out at times rather than challenging himself.

or hes been booed so often that hes petrified of making a mistake/losing possesion, so passes back each time rather than beat his man

Yes which is also to do with mental strength. Some players take the right I'm going to show you attitude whilst others shy away from making mistakes.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 05 Jun 2007 10:17

Stranded
SpaceCruiser

Yes, I think I knew what RR was talking about, I was just taking the opportunity to make a joke about it. ;)

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 05 Jun 2007 10:19

People also forget that when he joined us Seol had to make a huge change in lifestyle. It can't have been easy coming to Berkshire having lived somewhere where the culture is so totally different. He would have had massive language problems, the food would have seemed strange and no doubt his kids would have had to change schools (although i guess the standard of education they entered would have been much higher than they had been used to).

I think people underestimate how long it takes a player to adjust. When you move from what is essentially a 3rd world country to a place like Berkshire it can take a year or more to settle.

I'm not sure signing players from Wolverhampton is such a good idea....

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Jun 2007 10:26

brendywendy the more i think about it, the more im convinced its just plain racism

Are you accusing me of being racist? :lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Jun 2007 10:28

Royal Rother
brendywendy the more i think about it, the more im convinced its just plain racism

no, im just drawing unsubstatiated conclusions from the fact that seol gets grief for doing what others get no grief for.

it could be something else

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 05 Jun 2007 10:42

Behindu People also forget that when he joined us Seol had to make a huge change in lifestyle. It can't have been easy coming to Berkshire having lived somewhere where the culture is so totally different. He would have had massive language problems, the food would have seemed strange and no doubt his kids would have had to change schools (although i guess the standard of education they entered would have been much higher than they had been used to).

I think people underestimate how long it takes a player to adjust. When you move from what is essentially a 3rd world country to a place like Berkshire it can take a year or more to settle.

:lol:

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 05 Jun 2007 10:47

Behindu People also forget that when he joined us Seol had to make a huge change in lifestyle. It can't have been easy coming to Berkshire having lived somewhere where the culture is so totally different. He would have had massive language problems, the food would have seemed strange and no doubt his kids would have had to change schools (although i guess the standard of education they entered would have been much higher than they had been used to).

Very good.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 05 Jun 2007 10:47

brendywendy
Royal Rother

no, im just drawing unsubstatiated conclusions from the fact that seol gets grief for doing what others get no grief for.

Well, no, because Seol gets grief because its perceived that he's lazy.

WTRoyal

by WTRoyal » 05 Jun 2007 10:55

rabidbee This thread started as yet another depressing incidence of HNA? small-mindedness, yet was ably diverted into a much more entertaining and utterly random conversation about baking. I love HNA? again. Beat the bigots and boo-boys with banal buffoonery!

was that Accidental or An Attempt to Alleviate Anxst with Alliteration?

I'm Despondent that it Didn't Divert Decisively

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Jun 2007 11:10

papereyes
brendywendy
Royal Rother

but glen hardly flys into the tackle, and i rarely see him sprinting 30 yards back to the defence to help out either
hes just as slow too, but he is not lazy?

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 05 Jun 2007 11:12

brendywendy
papereyes
brendywendy
Royal Rother

but glen hardly flys into the tackle, and i rarely see him sprinting 30 yards back to the defence to help out either

I must admit that I don't perceive Glen to be lazy, though that may or may not stand up to debate. Which is kind of the point - perceived to be lazy.

(One thing that may make the difference is that Glen's attacking style is 'crisper' for want of a better word - more incisive, more direct)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Jun 2007 11:16

papereyes
brendywendy
papereyes
brendywendy
Royal Rother

I must admit that I don't perceive Glen to be lazy, though that may or may not stand up to debate. Which is kind of the point - perceived to be lazy.

(One thing that may make the difference is that Glen's attacking style is 'crisper' for want of a better word - more incisive, more direct)

Whilst I agree, I'd be interested to see a break down of goals scored/created by both when playing in the same position this season. And if possible, chances created. I think it'll be very close indeed.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Jun 2007 11:17

hes definately a better player
seol needs to learn from him, hopefully in his 2nd full season he will show the improvement we all know he need to make

its just that lazy is way too strong, and misinterpreting the player

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 05 Jun 2007 11:19

Comparing goals scored by Seol and Little last season will be a pretty one sided affair - given that Glenn scored none and Seol scored some....

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Jun 2007 11:22

Behindu Comparing goals scored by Seol and Little last season will be a pretty one sided affair - given that Glenn scored none and Seol scored some....

which backs my point up even more

and i reckon if you did analyse it

seol would set up just as many, as well as score infinitely more

but does this make him the better player in royal fans eyes?..........

Corky341

by Corky341 » 05 Jun 2007 11:24

I think both Murty and DLC find it very frustrating playing behind him. During quite a few games I've seen both full backs receive the ball and have nobody up the wing to pass it to, as Seol hasn't made any sort of run up field.

Having said that I'd like him to stay and push John Oster for a place.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 05 Jun 2007 11:25

IIRC Seol scored 3 more than Little.
Which unless you are using an espceically primitive number system is way less than infinity !

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Jun 2007 11:36

Behindu IIRC Seol scored 3 more than Little.
Which unless you are using an especically primitive number system is way less than infinity !

????
little didnt score at all
= 0

seol scored 4 didnt he?

4 (or indeed 3)is infinately more than 0

using any kind of numbering system you like

....tsk, modern schooling eh!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Jun 2007 11:41

Corky341 I think both Murty and DLC find it very frustrating playing behind him. During quite a few games I've seen both full backs receive the ball and have nobody up the wing to pass it to, as Seol hasn't made any sort of run up field.

Having said that I'd like him to stay and push John Oster for a place.

yes

he come close to receive the ball

meaning that they dont hump it aimlessly up the wings in hope
and are more likely to retain the possession, even if the speed of our breaks do suffer

158 posts