Robert Fleck
12%
Martin Williams
3%
Shaun Goater
14%
A Nother-Burnsplayer
3%
Mass Sarr (if you count him as a striker)
7%

Total votes: 217
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Jun 2007 13:47

Gordon Cumming's right ho Has to be said there are some sound nominations:

P Brayson - just rank poor. And a midget. And fat.

C Gordon - flouncey mophead of a wuss but redeemed himself at Chelsea in the League Cup.

U Hartenburger - "international" signing, much expected but a prototype Donkey in the Henderson mould. Redeemed himself at Swansea.

B Savage - has a huge man ever had such an inappropriate name? Pussy.

S Moran - "star" quality but never shone.

One name not mentioned so far. Girls and boys, I give you the inimitable..... OLLIE KEARNS!

FYI, I would class McIntyre and Earles as wingers - or inside forwards...

Ollie had a pretty good scoring record, although God knows how. He is possibly the player with least ability to control a ball I've ever seen. Could miss from a yard then blast one in from a ridiculous angle.

My opinion - just because of his scoring record he doesn't deserve a place on this list.

Trigger

by Trigger » 26 Jun 2007 16:11

Jim McIntyre was for quite a long time the only non-defending player at Reading who could head a football. He did pretty well for us on the left after taking a while to settle in.

Jimmy Mac's strike rate of 14 goals in 97 games isn't brilliant but it's 7 times better than 1 goal in 48 games. Paul Brayson very, very clearly has this thread's honour all to himself.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jun 2007 21:08

So we seem to be saying that the worst are:

Brayson
Scott
Savage
Goater
Fleck

It comes to something when a top scorer in a season gets labelled as one of the worst 5 strikers, who've played several games, we've had in the last 12 years ish.

Looking at those names all of you who voted for Goater should be ashamed of yourselves. It's not even like he scored the lowest number to get top scorer in a season in the last 12 years, that goes to Nogs and Lovell I think.... And Asaba as well iirc.

Cnuters.

I apologise for all those names I didn't add to the poll and for keeping it to only the short time frame, but it was my idea and I don't know much pre '95 sadly.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 26 Jun 2007 22:06

big bad Bas Savage was truely CR*P

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jun 2007 22:09

rg6royal big bad Bas Savage was truely CR*P

I still like him for falling over and managing to skin the defender because he was lauging so much.