Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 30 Jul 2007 11:23

Seagullette
Platypuss
Seagullette
The Cube
readingbedding There must be some pitches as tight as the Withdean in the Prem.

Withdean's pitch is illegally narrow (i.e. less than Football League minimum width, although not less than the width stated in the laws of the game), so no there won't be any like it at proper football grounds. The Football League told me that Brighton have special temporary dispensation.

Methinks you ought to check out the truth.

From the Football League website

I think you'll find you're just re-quoting the FIFA Laws of the Game there - I don't think the FL have their 07/08 competition rules up yet.

What part of Football League don't you understand? Look for yourself. As I posted earlier there is less than 1.5 metres difference either way in our pitches.

http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co ... 40,00.html

And which part of "re-quoting the FIFA Laws of the Game " do YOU not understand?

KWOOF.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 30 Jul 2007 11:25

Huntley & Palmer I think it was more the fact that we were shit at the end of that season.

So shit that we didn't lose (and didn't win either) the last few games and still got promoted?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 30 Jul 2007 11:34

We were very lucky, nine straight draws was it? Should have been our Championship by a long way.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 30 Jul 2007 11:38

Huntley & Palmer We were very lucky, nine straight draws was it? Should have been our Championship by a long way.

Yes, indeed. There was one or two games where we should have won. For example, the Peterbrough game where PhiLOL Whitehead threw the ball into his own net.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 30 Jul 2007 11:47

We should have also lost a few, Tranmere was definitely a lucky escape

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 30 Jul 2007 11:51

And we had one of the most manic starts to a game I've seen - at Ashton Gate when we were 3-2 up after 15 minutes only to draw 3-3.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 30 Jul 2007 11:55

T.R.O.L.I. And we had one of the most manic starts to a game I've seen - at Ashton Gate when we were 3-2 up after 15 minutes only to draw 3-3.

Yep, a truely mental game that was. That and the one at Bournemouth when they had Defoe on loan which was 2-1 to us in the first ten minutes or something

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 30 Jul 2007 11:58

T.R.O.L.I. And we had one of the most manic starts to a game I've seen - at Ashton Gate when we were 3-2 up after 15 minutes only to draw 3-3.

I believe Forster missed a one on one with minutes remaining aswell.

Huntley & Palmer

Yep, a truely mental game that was. That and the one at Bournemouth when they had Defoe on loan which was 2-1 to us in the first ten minutes or something

Didn't they miss a penalty too?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 30 Jul 2007 12:01

Katie Marsden
Huntley & Palmer

Didn't they miss a penalty too?

Yes, much to our delight and relief!

Also, don't forget that Cureton hit the crossbar before that penalty, I think.

Daniella

by Daniella » 30 Jul 2007 12:05

You're thinking of the home game, think it was 2-2 they missed a pen and we hit the bar with the last kick of the game.

I remember coming away from bristol being gutted, 3-3 was another poor result especially as we had been 2-0 up.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 30 Jul 2007 12:12

Daniella You're thinking of the home game, think it was 2-2 they missed a pen and we hit the bar with the last kick of the game.

Yep, blasted over the bar in front of their own fans in the South Stand. Curo hit a stunning half volley which curled onto the corner of the cross bar from about 25 yards out. That game basically ended Bournemouth's season and they were then relegated, would have been a different story if they had won I would imagine.

Always had some cracking games against Bournemouth, decent little rivalry between us and their fans. Remember the return home game the season Defoe was there and we were 2-0 down I think, Caskey came on as sub and curled a sublime free kick into the top corner with his first kick of the game. That subsequent draw meant they missed out on the playoffs
Last edited by Huntley & Palmer on 30 Jul 2007 12:13, edited 1 time in total.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 30 Jul 2007 12:14

I remember driving home from that game expecting to hear some sort of comment on the game from local Bristol radio, and BBCRB as we neared Reading only to find that the Queen Mum (Gawd bess 'er) had died and all the radio stations were being dirge-like in a Stalinistic sort of way.
Cracking game though!!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jul 2007 12:24

Huntley & Palmer We should have also lost a few, Tranmere was definitely a lucky escape

I still say that was the game that got us up, and that Rougier's goal was much more important than Cureton's at Brentford.

Daniella

by Daniella » 30 Jul 2007 12:26

Stranded
Huntley & Palmer We should have also lost a few, Tranmere was definitely a lucky escape

I still say that was the game that got us up, and that Rougier's goal was much more important than Cureton's at Brentford.

I nearly put that in a post the other day. Anyone remember stuart barlow giving us a V-sign when he scored? Fvking prick.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jul 2007 12:27

Daniella
Stranded

I nearly put that in a post the other day. Anyone remember stuart barlow giving us a V-sign when he scored? Fvking prick.

Seem to recall it. Remember thinking we were destined for the play-offs when we went 2-0 down more than anything though.

Daniella

by Daniella » 30 Jul 2007 12:28

For some reason, simon haworth ( usually a donkey) manged a 30 yard chip into the corner start of the second half :shock:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 30 Jul 2007 12:30

Daniella
Stranded

What did Scott Murray gesture at us at Ashton Gate?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jul 2007 12:31

Which was the exact moment that I thought we were screwed.

Daniella

by Daniella » 30 Jul 2007 12:35

SpaceCruiser
Daniella
Stranded

What did Scott Murray gesture at us at Ashton Gate?

Yeah, looked like a spastic too, waving his arms around hands on ears,etc

Remember the injury to one of their players breaking his ankle, caused a big scfuffle in the reading end as some were taking the piss.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 30 Jul 2007 12:35

Yep, very very depressing at half time during that game. As always with Reading though, it ain't fun unless you are being put through the ringer during a game. Went mental when Rougier put that diving header (?) into the net. Not a single Reading player celebrate with him either, instead choosing to hug the person that had the shot that was saved. Thank heavens for Rougier and his God

142 posts