Back from the game......and really angry!

224 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Jan 2008 20:52

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Yeah we're just little old Reading, think where we've come from.

Why is our past an excuse?

We're not as good as we were last season, that's the only thing that matters.

Even to us that were there when it was shite.
who is making excuses?

It was a good team performance given the circumstances.

Today, we certainly couldn't be as good as we were last season.....we were a player short after 3 minutes.a position that I can never recall (in any league div. game) for us.

I reiterate (from my original post Dancing Doe), if you thought todays' players warranted the wrath of some on here................then you certainly haven't been watching Reading long enough etc etc...............

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 01 Jan 2008 20:58

paultheroyal
Gordons Cumming
paultheroyal
Gordons Cumming
PieEater There is no last man rule, the sending off was for denying a goalscoring opportunity. If he got the man before the ball then he should have gone.

What a stupid rule!!!!

Why should the team be punished twice then?????..........and the home fans for that matter..........and the game as a spectacle?

Idiots.

He applied the laws - we lost.

End of.

The law's an arse.

End of.

Its why we watch football.

End of.

You watch football to watch inadequate officials instigate inadequate rules?

:shock:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Jan 2008 20:58

I am one of those inadequate officials!!

:lol:

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 01 Jan 2008 21:02

paultheroyal I am one of those inadequate officials!!

You'd be wise to keep quiet tonight.

I want to say thanks to the 10 that finished the game. Even with the obvious failings of the officials they didn't give up and kept battling right to the final whistle. You are all a credit to the game.

I for one hope that M. Dean and whoever the twat in yellow on the East was don't get paid for today and get a 5 week ban, not just demotion to the Championship/League One/League Two. Honestly, I wouldn't wish those 2 on Wolves!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Jan 2008 21:04

Rawlie19
paultheroyal I am one of those inadequate officials!!

You'd be wise to keep quiet tonight.

I want to say thanks to the 10 that finished the game. Even with the obvious failings of the officials they didn't give up and kept battling right to the final whistle. You are all a credit to the game.

I for one hope that M. Dean and whoever the twat in yellow on the East was don't get paid for today and get a 5 week ban, not just demotion to the Championship/League One/League Two. Honestly, I wouldn't wish those 2 on Wolves!
its not just me then :wink:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Jan 2008 21:31

paultheroyal
Gordons Cumming
paultheroyal
Gordons Cumming
PieEater There is no last man rule, the sending off was for denying a goalscoring opportunity. If he got the man before the ball then he should have gone.

What a stupid rule!!!!

Why should the team be punished twice then?????..........and the home fans for that matter..........and the game as a spectacle?

Idiots.

No it's not. The w*nkers at FIFA are forever trying to do their utmost to destroy the game we love to watch with their ridiculous rule changes, rulings and instructions. It hurts all supporters of all teams.

If only we could reclaim our game!

End of.

The law's an arse.

End of.

End of.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 01 Jan 2008 21:37

RoyalBlue
paultheroyal
Gordons Cumming
paultheroyal
Gordons Cumming

What a stupid rule!!!!

Idiots.

No it's not. The w*nkers at FIFA are forever trying to do their utmost to destroy the game we love to watch with their ridiculous rule changes, rulings and instructions. It hurts all supporters of all teams.

End of.

The law's an arse.

End of.

End of.

If only we could reclaim our game!

Fixed your quote.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 01 Jan 2008 21:43

That first half was the worst 45 minutes of referreeing I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever been so angry at a football match.

But....the most important decision was unfortunately the one he got right. Sonko's become a liability recently and deserved to go. After Marcus' error the game was basically over as a contest and it's pointless ripping apart individual performances when you have to play with 10 men for the whole game.

For me SSC's halo has slipped in the last few weeks. I can't understand why Sonko was playing when he's clearly struggling for form/fitness - I thought Bikey was our best player today and showed that he deserved a chance regardless of Sonko being sent off. I can't understand why Shorey was playing if he was still suffering from illness - I can only think that's the reason Utaka went past him like he was standing still. I can't understand why Murty is expected to play his 3rd game in a week when he looks knackered after 60 minutes. I can't understand why Gunnar has played so many games this season.

Basically I can't understand why he doesn't use his squad. There is hardly a position on the pitch where we can say we've got healthy competition for places. We've seen Sonko, Gunnar, etc. have nightmare games but they are always given another chance. It's favouritism in the extreme and can't be healthy for the morale of the squad as a whole. Some players like Bikey must be wondering what it is they need to do to get a chance, let alone the likes of Henry and Pearce.

Daniella

by Daniella » 01 Jan 2008 21:45

rotherwick_royal That first half was the worst 45 minutes of referreeing I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever been so angry at a football match.

But....the most important decision was unfortunately the one he got right. Sonko's become a liability recently and deserved to go. After Marcus' error the game was basically over as a contest and it's pointless ripping apart individual performances when you have to play with 10 men for the whole game.

For me SSC's halo has slipped in the last few weeks. I can't understand why Sonko was playing when he's clearly struggling for form/fitness - I thought Bikey was our best player today and showed that he deserved a chance regardless of Sonko being sent off. I can't understand why Shorey was playing if he was still suffering from illness - I can only think that's the reason Utaka went past him like he was standing still. I can't understand why Murty is expected to play his 3rd game in a week when he looks knackered after 60 minutes. I can't understand why Gunnar has played so many games this season.

Basically I can't understand why he doesn't use his squad. There is hardly a position on the pitch where we can say we've got healthy competition for places. We've seen Sonko, Gunnar, etc. have nightmare games but they are always given another chance. It's favouritism in the extreme and can't be healthy for the morale of the squad as a whole. Some players like Bikey must be wondering what it is they need to do to get a chance, let alone the likes of Henry and Pearce.

Post of the year.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 Jan 2008 21:49

rotherwick_royal That first half was the worst 45 minutes of referreeing I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever been so angry at a football match.

Yes there has been a great reluctance to change a losing side and I for one would have liked to see Bikey in the side ahead of Gunnarsson and more appropriate tactical substitutions which have tended to be made too late (Shane Long ..twice excepted)

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 01 Jan 2008 21:53

Daniella

Post of the year.

Well it is only 1st Jan :D

Daniella

by Daniella » 01 Jan 2008 21:55

It was supposed to be ironic. :wink:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Jan 2008 21:56

PEARCEY

Yes there has been a great reluctance to change a losing side and I for one would have liked to see Bikey in the side ahead of Gunnarsson and more appropriate tactical substitutions which have tended to be made too late (Shane Long ..twice excepted)
that would be the same Gunnar who started (if not finished) in our 4 game unbeaten streak.

The same Gunnar that took the pi55 out of Newcastles £millions.

I would have made room for Bikey at the expense of Sonks weeks ago, as a preferrence.

madmickb

by madmickb » 01 Jan 2008 22:31

What really worries me is that Coppell say's he is proud of the effort his players put in to-day WHAT game was he watching i was proud against liverpool i was proud against West shame but to-day was the worst performace all season, We have to buy a defender to replace Murts 2 cental defenders 2 central midfielders 1 left sided winger and a Striker to replace Lita who has got to go ( for taking the pi** out of the Club) otherwise madman who now values the club at 100 million will find it could de-value by 50% in the Championship next year we are that bad

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 01 Jan 2008 22:32

Why has Sir Steve's Halo slipped in the last couple of weeks?

As far a I see it he got the players back he wanted and we went on an unbeaten 5 match run, beating Liverpool for the first time in our history and getting a vital win against Sunderland as well as getting more points away from home in 2 games than we could muster in the other eight put together.

Why has he not made changes? Because we were unbeaten in 5 and the team did great to get a point at Wet Sham with 10 men for 60 minutes.

Yes we lost at Spurs a few days ago but what did Coppell do last time we got a similar scoreline against Pompey...stick the same team out to prove what they were worth and they came up with 2 wins in 3.

So it went wrong today and that was Sonko's fault more than anybody elses.

There will be big changes for the cup game as usual but the core of the team will rightly start against Villa... I for one will excuse the team and Coppell for getting beaten after playing 3 games in 8 days of which twice they had 10 men and the other was an end to end ripsnorter.
Last edited by londinium on 01 Jan 2008 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 01 Jan 2008 22:33

We weren't that bad. A cock up by USA and a full back who got rinsed for pace (the fact he has been ill has nothing to do with it. He'd have been skinned if he was fully fit, because Utaka is greased lightning.)

Pompey didn't have much else and resorted to long balls forward. Given we played 87 minutes with 10 men and we had a truly shocking ref, I thought we did ok.

madmickb

by madmickb » 01 Jan 2008 22:36

79Royal We weren't that bad. A cock up by USA and a full back who got rinsed for pace (the fact he has been ill has nothing to do with it. He'd have been skinned if he was fully fit, because Utaka is greased lightning.)

Pompey didn't have much else and resorted to long balls forward. Given we played 87 minutes with 10 men and we had a truly shocking ref, I thought we did ok.

If he had been ill all wek WHY PLAY HIM

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Jan 2008 22:37

madmickb to-day was the worst performace all season
sometimes the only solace I take is, that other teams have fans like this too

madmickb

by madmickb » 01 Jan 2008 22:39

AthleticoSpizz
madmickb to-day was the worst performace all season
sometimes the only solace I take is, that other teams have fans like this too

Yes honest ones who pay good money to see this crap