RFC - a total shambles

414 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Jan 2008 14:33

Royal Rother Are we still 5 points outside the relegation zone?

It'll be a mere 2 points in three quarters of an hour or so, what with Sunderland 2 up at half time against a Portsmouth side which we didn't even get close to over two games this season. That's down from the 8 point gap we had opened a mere fortnight ago.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 13 Jan 2008 14:43

floyd__streete

It'll be a mere 2 points in three quarters of an hour or so, what with Sunderland 2 up at half time against a Portsmouth side which we didn't even get close to over two games this season. That's down from the 8 point gap we had opened a mere fortnight ago.

Floyd and his Depressing ghetto. What's for lunch today there? cabbage soup?

Ps in the RTG cafe on the right bank of the Seine they are serving Caviar and Foie gras...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Jan 2008 14:45

Archie's penalty
floyd__streete

Floyd and his Depressing ghetto. What's for lunch today there? cabbage soup?

followed by a self flaggelation main course
and some woe is me cheesecake

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 13 Jan 2008 14:47

Assuming Sunderland win, can everyone stop pretending we are not in a relegation fight.

2 points from the bottom three with Man Utd and Chelsea up next. There seems a strong likelyhood we'll be in the bottom three with the next few weeks, maybe then some blinkers will finally be removed.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 13 Jan 2008 14:48

Schards#2 Assuming Sunderland win, can everyone stop pretending we are not in a relegation fight.

2 points from the bottom three with Man Utd and Chelsea up next. There seems a strong likelyhood we'll be in the bottom three with the next few weeks, maybe then some blinkers will finally be removed.

Enjoying the cabbage then Schards#2?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Jan 2008 14:50

we will be bottom 4 by the end of jan, then well pull away again

im not in denial, i know exactly what our situation is
but i have a little faith, and refuse to throw my toys out of my pram after an away defeat that is no worse than most of our performances apart from december

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 13 Jan 2008 14:51

Archie's penalty
Schards#2 Assuming Sunderland win, can everyone stop pretending we are not in a relegation fight.

What is your definition of being in relegation trouble? Would you accept that Derby are in a spot of bother?

Wake up mate.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 13 Jan 2008 14:52

brendywendy we will be bottom 4 by the end of jan, then well pull away again

but i have a little faith, and refuse to throw my toys out of my pram after an away defeat that is no worse than most of our performances apart from december

Our playing staff is likely to be weaker at the end of January whereas many of our rivals will be stronger.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 13 Jan 2008 14:53

Schards#2
Archie's penalty

What is your definition of being in relegation trouble? Would you accept that Derby are in a spot of bother?

Wake up mate.

I think we are in trouble - it's a shame. We need to get behind the lads and show them we believe in them. We have been unlucky with the run of games we have but are we supposed to just say 'Oh well that's it we're down'? Of course not. Now as the rather annoying announcer says 'Let's back the boys and make some noise.'

Yellowcoat

Shambles

by Yellowcoat » 13 Jan 2008 14:54

Well I for one would rather read the more positive views of RR and BW rather than the negative rantings of Fag Ash Lil and her Luddite husband who even bet against the club they say they support!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 13 Jan 2008 14:54

We need to get behind the lads and show them we believe in them.

I'd rather have another centre-back, a right winger and a replacement for Lita but maybe singing really loudly will make as much a difference as three quality signings.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Jan 2008 14:56

Schards#2
brendywendy we will be bottom 4 by the end of jan, then well pull away again

Our playing staff is likely to be weaker at the end of January whereas many of our rivals will be stronger.

id say losing lita isnt a great blow as long as we get a decent replacement
if we get good money for hunt, shorey, doyle etc maybe we should cash in and really shake up the team with some money spent

its not all negative is it

if they do actually go, and i dont think they will, we will be compensated above their actual worth, and be able to plough it back into teh team.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Jan 2008 14:57

Archie's penalty:

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 13 Jan 2008 14:58

papereyes
We need to get behind the lads and show them we believe in them.

I'd rather have another centre-back, a right winger and a replacement for Lita but maybe singing really loudly will make as much a difference as three quality signings.

Ok signings are needed -especially a centre-back and a right midfielder.

But after that we have to get behind the lads in what is probably their most difficult period as players. Are we to do what Wigan fans did last season and flock away from the ground after 70 minutes when our team is losing? Are we to say what's the point?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Jan 2008 15:02

i have never heard a bigger bunch of panicky hand wringing, gayness in all my life

i am ashamed to be associated with some on here, even just by internet linkage

call your self fans

getting more and more like newcastle every day

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Jan 2008 15:02

RoyalBlue
Royal Rother
Royal Lady
Royal Rother But the point you are mising is that it is clear that the club have been trying to fill those gaps and that, for whatever reasons, have not been able to attract the quality they would like within the budget set.

You either support the Board and the manager in carrying out that policy or you don't. I do.

But in the meantime giving the team anything other than 100% support for their honest endeavours seems futile and feeble. The players are only as good as they are, and, in my opinion they are good enough to stay up - just.

If we go down it just means they were not good enough to stay up, that's all - it doesn't mean that they gave less than 100%, it doesn't mean that the club is a shambles, that Coppell can't hack it when the pressure is on and all that rubbish.

There is a long-term financial plan here to ensure the long-term stability of the club. That works in the supporters favour as well as the owner. In times of financial instability and uncertainty, deviate from the policies that drive those plans at your peril - as I suspect the next few years will indicate to several recent / current Premier League clubs great cost.
Do you honestly think that supporters will suddenly turn up and boo the team and sing "sit down for Steve Coppell, he's not worth standing for" just because many of us can see that we're potentially heading for trouble? Your holier-than-thou attitude day in, day out on here is getting tedious and you quite obviously don't know our supporters as well as you seem to think you do. I'll be very surprised if I hear any sort of booing aimed in the direction of our team or manager at any upcoming game. Our support at the games is what counts to the players and management. If some of us wish to discuss our concerns on here, we'll jolly well do so, without having to put up with criticism from the likes of you.

Do me a favour will you? When you have a strong point to make, please don't use "jolly-well" in future - it just makes me laugh.

Do me another favour and read the content of the Team Board after and during recent defeats and tell me if that constitutes 100% support for their honest endeavours. I think not.

And tell me you have not heard booing and aggressive reactions to mistakes made by those players from the stands. And tell me you think that won't get more noticeable in the coming weeks if we do really get pulled into the mire. Sorry but that's just ostrich syle naivety.

Are you really suggesting that this team board should only contain 100% support for the team and their honest endeavours (as in the example you set with Lita , of course!)??

If so, time to shut up shop Graham!

Lita's endeavours were anything but honest - a player who main trick is falling over when someone breathes on him could never get my 100% support.

Look, I don't mind constructive criticism it's the tone of much of it that gets my goat. And the "fact" that we are doomed because of this that and the other.

Very few people have denied that we have a major problem on our hands this season, but to say the club is a shambles when it is actually one of the most astutely run in the country, to say we are down if we lose to Bolton, etc. etc. etc. all these things are just plain silly.

I don't have a pair of RTGs; I have always applied a balanced realism to what is happening and knee jerk over-reactions of either extreme irritate me.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Shambles

by Schards#2 » 13 Jan 2008 15:04

Yellowcoat Well I for one would rather read the more positive views of RR and BW rather than the negative rantings of Fag Ash Lil and her Luddite husband who even bet against the club they say they support!

Good for you!

You're free to read whatever you like as i'm free to post whatever I think. What I think won't stop me supporting the team on matchdays or continuing to support Coppell wherever we finish this season. That doesn't prevent me posting what I think on a relevent discussion board.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Jan 2008 15:04

Yellowcoat Well I for one would rather read the more positive views of RR and BW rather than the negative rantings of Fag Ash Lil and her Luddite husband who even bet against the club they say they support!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 13 Jan 2008 15:05

Very few people have denied that we have a major problem on our hands this season,

I actually strongly disagree.

There exists a group of very 'vocal' posters who refuse to allow almost any debate on the issues of the side. Yes, there's over-reaction after defeats but stopping/trying to stop even 'reaction' to a defeat really, really doesn't help.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 13 Jan 2008 15:06

Schards#2

Good for you!

You're free to read whatever you like as i'm free to post whatever I think. What I think won't stop me supporting the team on matchdays or continuing to support Coppell wherever we finish this season. That doesn't prevent me posting what I think on a relevent discussion board.

Fag Ash Lil.????

:lol: :lol:

That has made my day. :wink:

414 posts