Bikey

162 posts
brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Bikey

by brendywendy » 08 Feb 2008 10:00

Hahnemann's Hairdresser
brendywendy what a pratt

was just starting to think bikey should be put in a CB when he returns, and he goes and sets himself back, by doing the second most stupid thing ive ever seen on a football pitch

Really? That was more stupid than Dyer and Bowyer tearing away at each other over an off the ball incident when playing for the same team? More stupid than Wally Downes' tiff with Neil Warnock last season (Wally and Bikey both shoved someone remember, however as it was 'nasty Neil' on the recieving end Wally was lauded for it, naturally)? Was Eric Cantona's kung-fu kick into a supporters chest a distant second in the list of stupid things done on a football pitch to this?

The GHANAIAN official in question was clearly obstructing the Cameroon team pysio from treating a player in an effort to get the injured player off the pitch quickly. I don't know if there is a protocol that the stretcher bearers have to follow but I'm pretty sure that player safety is in there, where as 'get the oppo's player off the pitch ASAP, can't you see that there is only 2 minutes of injury time left' is not. It is a shame that Bikeys actions will be scrutinised here as opposed to the blatent unprofessionalism of the, I assume, supposedly impartial officials.

players fighting amongst themselves doesnt come close to someone karate kicking a fan in the crowd, or indeed, pushing an official involved in stretchering your own player off the pitch for no discernable reason

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Feb 2008 10:03

I do believe on p2 or 3 I tentatively suggested that Bikey's reaction may possibly have been due to the fact that no-one knew the actual severity of Song's injury - if, for example, he'd hurt his neck, piling him onto the stretcher before a physio could take a look, might be one reason for Bikey to be so protective. I doubt Copps will be "furious". He might think Bikey was a little over zealous in his reaction, but it was a spur of the moment thing, he didn't go flying in with a karate chop of injure this bloke, so I doubt Copps or anyone else is reading the small print in Bikey's contract to try and see a way of forcing him out of RFC. Get a grip lads. :roll:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Feb 2008 10:06

brendywendy players fighting amongst themselves doesnt come close to someone karate kicking a fan in the crowd, or indeed, pushing an official involved in stretchering your own player off the pitch for no discernable reason

None of us know the full facts, but it can be clearly seen in the video that there is a "discernable reason".

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Feb 2008 10:07

brendywendy players fighting amongst themselves doesnt come close to someone karate kicking a fan in the crowd, or indeed, pushing an official involved in stretchering your own player off the pitch for no discernable reason

I think it's pretty obvious why he did it, so there is a reason.

I do think it's slightly different to two players having a tiff though, and I'm expecting some kind of punishment to follow.

The fact that this is an attack on a outside party, ie not someone directly involved in the teams playing the game, will mean it's probably looked on in a different light. Hopefully the African body will keep it in house and not ask FIFA to step in like UEFA or our FA probably would.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Feb 2008 10:10

OMG - I think I agree with Ideal, AND Royal Lady.

I'm going to have to take a long hard look at myself! :wink:

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 08 Feb 2008 10:15

Royal Lady I do believe on p2 or 3 I tentatively suggested that Bikey's reaction may possibly have been due to the fact that no-one knew the actual severity of Song's injury - if, for example, he'd hurt his neck, piling him onto the stretcher before a physio could take a look, might be one reason for Bikey to be so protective.

Logic dictates that if it is such a serious injury, then starting a brawl right next to the injured player might not be a good idea - that metaphorical scenario just makes Bikey look even more stupid! Plus, let's remember that Cameroon were 1-0 up with just a couple of minutes left - so it's understandable that the Ghanaian official would be keen to get Song off the pitch. Subsequent evidence suggests that Rigobert Song was indeeed play-acting/wasting time, because he quickly recovered and was throwing himself in front of everything in the final minute or so. I'm inclined to believe, on the evidence of what I saw, that the Ghanaian's impatience was justified. Bikey's reaction certainly wasn't.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Feb 2008 10:27

CM Royal - he didn't start a brawl. He pushed a guy over who he may have felt could have potentially caused more damage to Song by the way he was treating him.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Feb 2008 10:28

Royal Rother OMG - I think I agree with Ideal, AND Royal Lady.

I'm going to have to take a long hard look at myself! :wink:

Same here. I feel dirty. :wink:

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 08 Feb 2008 10:36

Royal Lady CM Royal - he didn't start a brawl. He pushed a guy over who he may have felt could have potentially caused more damage to Song by the way he was treating him.

OK, should have said "risking starting a brawl". Anyway, I think a lot of us have differing opinions, mine admittedly being based on my cynicism about play-acting to kill time (it was obvious from the prior challenge that Song hadn't broken an ankle, for example). But we will have to agree to disagree.

To change the subject slightly, the Beeb is reporting that Andre is staying on in Ghana to cheer the Cameroonians on - so any faint hope that he might be back for tomorrow's match appears to have gone.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 08 Feb 2008 10:36

Regardless, why is Bikey getting involved?

Typical RFC fans style, I swear one of our players could murder an infant and some would defend them.

The only person Bikey has to blame is himself, he's done something utterly stupid and he's going to miss the biggest day of his career. I'm sure this morning he won't believe what he's done.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Feb 2008 10:38

I already said I didn't condone it, but that there might be mitigating circumstances. Pushing a bloke is hardly in the same bloddy league as killing anyone.

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 08 Feb 2008 10:39

Royal Rother
Hahnemann's Hairdresser To be honest this will get blown out of proportion. The Cameroonian Pysio was clearly trying to attend to the player but was being blocked off by people who were just trying to bundle him on a stretcher. I have never seen an incident before where the stretcher bearers have attended an injury before the team pysio. Can you imagine a Premiership game where John Fern trots on to the pitch to treat an injury, nobody really sure how serious it is at this stage, only to find that St Johns Ambulance have already scampered on with a stretcher, thrown the injured player on to it and moved him to the side of the pitch. Oh and as cynical as it may sound, it is a tounement held in Ghana, with Ghanaian stewards attending a semi final where Ghana are 1-0 down in stoppage time, maybe, just maybe, the stewards were acting irresponsibly and unprofessionally.

Bikey was always going to get sent off for what he did, however it looks far worse than it actually was.

At last. Good on you.

And oh shit - I see I agree with Ideal (kind of).... :o (a little more politely of course).

same here - HH voice or reason - and ideal (in a less reasonable way!):o

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Feb 2008 10:41

Royal Lady I already said I didn't condone it, but that there might be mitigating circumstances. Pushing a bloke is hardly in the same bloddy league as killing anyone.

That wasn't the point. The point is, no matter what Reading players do..it's always someone else's fault.

There was a reason Kitson didn't give a breath test
There was a reason Bikey pushed some bloke 20metres
There was a reason Lita got arrested

Sometimes, people make mistakes. Deal with ti and stop playing the blame game....AGAIN.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 08 Feb 2008 10:43

Why are we making excuses for him? It isn’t up to Bikey to take these matters into his own hands. There are no ‘mitigating circumstances’ – I share the cynicism around Song’s play-acting, and I think Bikey was an ‘accomplice. He is young, relatively inexperienced, 1-0 up in the ACON semis and his team-mate is down. ‘Oh shit, let’s waste some time, no, don’t get Song off the pitch, we want to run the clock down, what can I do…..’

It isn’t acceptable to push an official over, and he got what he deserved. I don’t think FIFA should get further involved, but I fear that they will.

When Hicks went up...

by When Hicks went up... » 08 Feb 2008 10:43

I love how seriously people take themselves on this forum.

Personally, I think it's one of the funniest things that I've ever seen. Bikey is a comedy genius.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 08 Feb 2008 10:44

When Hicks went up... I love how seriously people take themselves on this forum.

Personally, I think it's one of the funniest things that I've ever seen. Bikey is a comedy genius.

I'm sure he'll be laughng his tits off now he can't play in the final. I'm sure FIFA will find it hilarious as well.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 08 Feb 2008 10:52

Royal Lady I already said I didn't condone it, but that there might be mitigating circumstances. Pushing a bloke is hardly in the same bloddy league as killing anyone.

In English law the actions are assault, obviously it will not go to charges, it will be interesting if we ever find out what was going on there.

But for me he has a short fuse, and it is on the pitch that it kicks in, this has already cost RFC in the past, reputation if not points wise. And players like that are not the kind I wish to see play at RFC.

Did anyone see the glare to the official after he had pushed him down? If looks could kill we would see black armbands at the final

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 08 Feb 2008 10:53

Alan Partridge Regardless, why is Bikey getting involved?

Typical RFC fans style, I swear one of our players could murder an infant and some would defend them.

The only person Bikey has to blame is himself, he's done something utterly stupid and he's going to miss the biggest day of his career. I'm sure this morning he won't believe what he's done.

nobody is defending him :roll: every post has said he deserved to get sent off and should not have done what he did.

However, some sensible people like HH and RL have pointed out that he shoved a steward/streacher guy who was stopping the correct person (the physio) from treating Song.

The typical RFC fans style is to assume the worst of our players and make the incident seem much worse than it was :roll:

Talk of ripped up contracts and minimum 3 month bans........ How long did that guy in Italy get for the closed fist punch whic broke a players jaw (I think) and was only one of about 100 punches thrown by players and officals from both teams - and what bans did all the others get?

Also what about the Swiss Turkey playoff game when there was a brawl (again with many proper punches and kicks) after the game on the pitch and continuing down the tunnel involving all the players and staff and stewards and police and a few jornos and a camera crew. In the recent England game they said that one of the Swiss players had just come back from a 6 game international ban for kicking a memner of the Turkey coaching staff - and yet most people on here expect (and seem to want) a 3 month ban from all football for Bikey :roll:

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 08 Feb 2008 10:54

Archies Volley and yet most people on here expect (and seem to want) a 3 month ban from all football for Bikey :roll:

More false rhetoric.

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 08 Feb 2008 10:54

When Hicks went up... I love how seriously people take themselves on this forum.

I completely agree.

A big phat LOLLY all round.

We're DOOMED!

162 posts