HARPER A LEGEND?? mY A*SE!

128 posts
Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

Re: HARPER

by Jerry St Clair » 03 May 2008 19:59

cmonurz Don't forget Doyle. We have dropped our right-winger to save dropping Doyle altogether.

But at least Doyle has been subbed occassionally. Harper always escapes that fate.

Did anyone see his solo lap of honour at the end? Difficult to know what to make of that. I didn't have the heart to tell him what I thought of his insipid performances this season, so just warmly applauded.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 03 May 2008 20:01

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
Royal Rother Harper was awful.
Doyle was not anonymous.
Delivery from Hunt, Shorey and Rosenior was slightly embarrassing to be honest.

and in tune with Royal rother - Harper was f**king awful , never rated the bloke - and now we are paying the price for not dropping him. the other guys did their best but central midfield is the key area for any set-up. We dont have premiership class in there by a country mile

Can you give the needle a shove, the record is stuck (and it is a boring one too).

(ps I voted for Harper, and stick by that choice in a season when no-one really shone. It was a close run thing between him and Marcus for me. )

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 03 May 2008 20:11

West Stand Man
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
Doyle was not anonymous.

and in tune with Royal rother - Harper was f**king awful , never rated the bloke - and now we are paying the price for not dropping him. the other guys did their best but central midfield is the key area for any set-up. We dont have premiership class in there by a country mile

Can you give the needle a shove, the record is stuck (and it is a boring one too).

(ps I voted for Harper, and stick by that choice in a season when no-one really shone. It was a close run thing between him and Marcus for me. )

Well shows what you know then! - in a season that nobody realy shone you chose Harper - god help us with your like when it comes to elections!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 May 2008 20:13

West Stand Man
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
Doyle was not anonymous.

Made me chuckle reading that.

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 03 May 2008 20:24

Harper was woeful. I've had to put his inability to pass forward down to a phobia at this point as it's just that chronic. He's a lovely man and has a great spirit, but if I watch him run the ball into the sidelines one more time as he then desperately tries to pass as he has no choice left, I shall scream. Picking him out over Rosenior though seems a little unfair after this game.

Cookie

by Cookie » 03 May 2008 20:29

This is a dreadful thread, I understand your frustration, but scapegoating Harper is wrong.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 May 2008 20:34

Cookie This is a dreadful thread, I understand your frustration, but scapegoating Harper is wrong.

Agree......it is Coppells fault we are where we are.....no one elses

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 03 May 2008 20:43

I thought Harper did ok today, there were times he looked to play the ball to the forwards, but they were too often being closely watched. Not a player to change a game, but I for one think he can do a job at this level, but not as a star, more a supporting role.

I would also say that Harper breaks up play, so often the forwards are not ready to recieve the ball from him for this reason, last season he often used Sidwell as his outlet, meaning he looked better.

zummerset

by zummerset » 03 May 2008 20:59

Harper was crap as usual, midfield was appalling. Why on earth did Bikey give way to Marek instead on the non combatant (Harper). Shorey was shite today I hope all of you that wanted to give him a special clap today for services rendered give him a big kick in the arse into the Thames.

SC is a paralysed twat, he has no idea what to do and we need someone to make decisions. Its all very well being the 'thinking manager' but for fecks sake we are in the shit - a bit of cojones now is in order.

Oh yes in case you missed this.. Shorey for England.. feck off you twat you are as good as Harper- I hope we sell you both.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 03 May 2008 21:06

I would love to see Harpers stats, it would be interesting how many tackles he has made & the success rate.

Does anyone know ?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 May 2008 21:09

2.8 lita injection I would love to see Harpers stats, it would be interesting how many tackles he has made & the success rate.

Does anyone know ?

His pass completion rate isn't as great as people make out either, or completed dribbles, or attempts on goal.

His end product is next to zero in most games. The thing which really annoyed me was the way Spurs strolled through the centre of the park completely unchallenged, like for the goal and the disallowed one also. I could run at Harper and beat the guy, he's that bad defensively.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 03 May 2008 21:20

Royalee
2.8 lita injection I would love to see Harpers stats, it would be interesting how many tackles he has made & the success rate.

Does anyone know ?

His pass completion rate isn't as great as people make out either, or completed dribbles, or attempts on goal.

Do you have the stats then? Please provide a link.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 03 May 2008 21:50

I think it costs money to get a proper breakdown of his stats.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 03 May 2008 22:45

zummerset Harper was crap as usual, midfield was appalling. Why on earth did Bikey give way to Marek instead on the non combatant (Harper). Shorey was shite today I hope all of you that wanted to give him a special clap today for services rendered give him a big kick in the arse into the Thames.
SC is a paralysed twat, he has no idea what to do and we need someone to make decisions. Its all very well being the 'thinking manager' but for fecks sake we are in the shit - a bit of cojones now is in order.

Oh yes in case you missed this.. Shorey for England.. feck off you twat you are as good as Harper- I hope we sell you both.

I'm guessing that some people are capable of seeing the bigger picture of Shorey over several years at Reading.
Some people, clearly, are not.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 03 May 2008 23:21

Shorey and Harper will be immense next season. Back at the level where they will shine.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 03 May 2008 23:26

Describing James Harper as a "Midfielder" confuses me, since it suggests that we do indeed possess a "midfield".
On today's evidence - and indeed that of much of the season - I reckon we actually have a large hole where the midfield should be.
Harper - love him to bits, but he's been found out at this level.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 May 2008 00:02

2nd place our MIDFIELD MAESTRO JAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES HARPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 04 May 2008 00:20

Midfield mouse would be more fitting surely? :wink:

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 04 May 2008 00:25

cmonurz
Royalee

Does anyone know ?

Do you have the stats then? Please provide a link.

Forward pass completion rate - n/a
Tackles made - in all honesty, trying to be fair to Harper, I can remember him winning the ball about 10 times this season. Bikey wins it more in one match
Opposition midfields dominated - 0
Opposition midfields dominated by - 19
Distance run while waving arms, trying to tackle people with arms and generally playing no part in the game - a lot
Spirit, stamina, energy - unquestionably good
Everything else - not up to Prem standard

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 04 May 2008 09:01

lozz2601
zummerset Harper was crap as usual, midfield was appalling. Why on earth did Bikey give way to Marek instead on the non combatant (Harper). Shorey was shite today I hope all of you that wanted to give him a special clap today for services rendered give him a big kick in the arse into the Thames.

I'm guessing that some people are capable of seeing the bigger picture of Shorey over several years at Reading.
Some people, clearly, are not.

At this moment it doesn't matter what shorey did for us over the season's, he's certainly not England quality, and, on performance's this season, not prem quality either

128 posts