The Over - Confidence thread

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The Over - Confidence thread

by Royal Rother » 16 Aug 2008 14:41

glass half full You speak a lot of sense, Rother.

Not a lot of people know that. :wink:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Dec 2008 13:42

strap
Schards#2 I see, literally, nothing to be optimistic about.

We've seen two games where the team looks poor and devoid of ideas. The management show no signs of venturing into the transfer market and our most creative player is out for 8 weeks which will probably end up being 4 months.

Assuming we don't perform, our few remaining "name" players will be looking for the exit if not by the end of August, then certainly in January.

I predict boos and Madejski out chants within weeks and have, again, backed Reading to be relegated as the 40/1 on offer seems very generous to me.

Seems there's at least 4 of us who can see tyhrough the bullshit spouted my Mr Ego, Sir Steve and Wally Hammond then! Schards#s, AP, Floyd and myself. Would hazard a guess we're a little older than many of the RTG's currently spouting on about how we're certs for promotion!! What a laugh!! Actually it's not in the least bit funny. Mickey Mouse FC run by disinterested and tired management who would all rather be doing something else.

Move over if you don't have the stomach or balls for the fight ahead.

Forest 2 divs below us last year, and out gunned us by 20 shots to 4 with only 1 striker, and Dagenham who were non-leage 2 years ago and deserved to beat us on Tuesday!! Wake up Mr Ego, Sir Steve and Wally Hammond!!! The rhetoric brigade trumpet that we are unbeaten this season - the realists point out we've played cr@p!! Look at the Emporer's new cloths!! What a load of oxf*rd bullshit cr@p.

Roll on Plymouth, when HOPEFULLY all the pre-seaosn cobwebs would have been blown away, and we get to see a REAL RFC team playing proper football the way RFC used to play! Oh sorry, forgot we have Kebe and Cisse in the side, and our only signing will be in the stands. Plus ca change ....

Strap was aking for one of the old threads to be brought back up....

Tinrib

by Tinrib » 22 Dec 2008 13:54

Royal Rother
strap

We've seen two games where the team looks poor and devoid of ideas. The management show no signs of venturing into the transfer market and our most creative player is out for 8 weeks which will probably end up being 4 months.

Assuming we don't perform, our few remaining "name" players will be looking for the exit if not by the end of August, then certainly in January.

I predict boos and Madejski out chants within weeks and have, again, backed Reading to be relegated as the 40/1 on offer seems very generous to me.

Seems there's at least 4 of us who can see tyhrough the bullshit spouted my Mr Ego, Sir Steve and Wally Hammond then! Schards#s, AP, Floyd and myself. Would hazard a guess we're a little older than many of the RTG's currently spouting on about how we're certs for promotion!! What a laugh!! Actually it's not in the least bit funny. Mickey Mouse FC run by disinterested and tired management who would all rather be doing something else.

Move over if you don't have the stomach or balls for the fight ahead.

Forest 2 divs below us last year, and out gunned us by 20 shots to 4 with only 1 striker, and Dagenham who were non-leage 2 years ago and deserved to beat us on Tuesday!! Wake up Mr Ego, Sir Steve and Wally Hammond!!! The rhetoric brigade trumpet that we are unbeaten this season - the realists point out we've played cr@p!! Look at the Emporer's new cloths!! What a load of oxf*rd bullshit cr@p.

Roll on Plymouth, when HOPEFULLY all the pre-seaosn cobwebs would have been blown away, and we get to see a REAL RFC team playing proper football the way RFC used to play! Oh sorry, forgot we have Kebe and Cisse in the side, and our only signing will be in the stands. Plus ca change ....

Strap was aking for one of the old threads to be brought back up....

Bless the senile at Christmas..

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Dec 2008 13:59

Preacherman?
Prophet?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Dec 2008 14:48

Whatever happened to Agent Balti? Hasn't appeared since 2nd September. Shame that.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 22 Dec 2008 15:00

Good job some stayed sensible and realistic

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Dec 2008 15:05

And unfailingly good-humoured in the face of great provocation!! :wink: :wink:

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 22 Dec 2008 15:18

What an immensely gratifying read.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 22 Dec 2008 16:28

My crystal ball says that there will be some leap-frogging between us and Birmingham in the second half of the season. We'll nudge ahead in the last few games, then lose unexpectedly at Norwich on April 25 (their revenge for our undeserved victory at the Madjeski). We'll have to beat Brum in the next and final game in order to get the second automatic promotion spot. Then my crystal ball goes cloudy....

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Dec 2008 17:29

Old Biscuitman My crystal ball says that there will be some leap-frogging between us and Birmingham in the second half of the season. We'll nudge ahead in the last few games, then lose unexpectedly at Norwich on April 25 (their revenge for our undeserved victory at the Madjeski). We'll have to beat Brum in the next and final game in order to get the second automatic promotion spot. Then my crystal ball goes cloudy....

FFS get rid of that bloody cloud - I can't stand the suspense. :roll:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Dec 2008 17:30

.....................and completely off thread, what is it with the time stamp on each post. Mine seems to be an hour out, and before you start, I've checked my system clock.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Dec 2008 17:37

Old Biscuitman My crystal ball says that there will be some leap-frogging between us and Birmingham in the second half of the season. We'll nudge ahead in the last few games, then lose unexpectedly at Norwich on April 25 (their revenge for our undeserved victory at the Madjeski). We'll have to beat Brum in the next and final game in order to get the second automatic promotion spot. Then my crystal ball goes cloudy....

what was so undeserved about beating naarrch?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 22 Dec 2008 17:37

Franchise FC .....................and completely off thread, what is it with the time stamp on each post. Mine seems to be an hour out, and before you start, I've checked my system clock.

Go to your user control panel and then user preferences and select the correct time zone.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Dec 2008 19:57

Maguire
Franchise FC .....................and completely off thread, what is it with the time stamp on each post. Mine seems to be an hour out, and before you start, I've checked my system clock.

Go to your user control panel and then user preferences and select the correct time zone.

Thank you !! :D

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 23 Dec 2008 11:44

brendywendy

what was so undeserved about beating naarrch?

On the day I thought they were the better team. Also the penalty was a doubtful decision. Our second goal was our only real high point.