I am officially bored of...

130 posts
Tails
Hob Nob Regular

Re: I am officially bored of...

by Tails » 15 Aug 2008 20:52

PEARCEY Andrew I dont think you are too wide of the mark here...as things stand our current squad is just about on a par with 2005/2006...you could argue Matejovski, Bikey, Rosenior and Noel Hunt are a fair trade off for the loss of Sidwell, Kitson, Little and Shorey...only just though.
You could also contend the ageing of Murty, Hahneman and Ingimarsson is counter-balanced with the promise of youth in Pearce and Karacan..again just about..but any more sales and we start looking weaker than three years ago and that is not good enough when you consider the amount of money coming into the club in that time.
As things stand its ok...but lets not see any more of our better players go just because it happens to be a good deal...thats surely a short term selling club mentality rather than the brick by brick approach the club have promoted in recent years

This man speaks sensssssssseeeeeee 8)

working class hero

by working class hero » 15 Aug 2008 21:09

I would be furious if Doyle went as this would smack of lack of ambition

I remember when people saw signing him for a paltry sum as a sign of 'lack of ambition'...

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 15 Aug 2008 21:24

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next week.

Streets

by Streets » 15 Aug 2008 21:41

working class hero
I would be furious if Doyle went as this would smack of lack of ambition

I remember when people saw signing him for a paltry sum as a sign of 'lack of ambition'...

God, I'd gladly take three £75,000 signings in the next week.

rg6royal It will be interesting to see what happens in the next week.

It wont, stop fooling you self.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 15 Aug 2008 22:33

...and on it goes...relentless...boring tedious negative garbage.

One game in to the season, and according to the '46 muppets' (as I now call them)
we are doomed. No future, hang Coppell and Hammond and Madejski

The old days of Elm Park, and Division Four, and our highest signing being £25k
for a goalkeeper, and crowds of 4000-6000. These were the better days correct ??

For those not old enough to have been around, in the 1970s and 1980s RFC were
light years away from the top two divisions. Trust me..I saw it.
We were a tiny club with tiny support and no money. Anyone who tells you
otherwise were not there.

In the last 3 decades, both Oxford and Swindon were (at one stage) BIGGER than RFC.
Ask their fans if they would swap places ?!?!?!

But Reading FC will always have a section of support that do not see this.
They have NO IDEA, and are NOT true supporters of the club. They say they
are...but don't listen to them.

If you sit near the 'anti RFC 46' tomorrow, then I feel sorry for you.
You will notice them....they don't clap the team out, they pick on players for
the first poor pass of the game, it annoys them when WE score.
They pretend to enjoy the good times, but can't wait to slate the
team when times are bad.
Ban the 'anti RFC 46' I say.

Life is short. Why moan your whole ruddy lfe. Sad sods.

As for me...can't wait for tomorrow. Win would be great...but whatever,
I support the club through thick and thin.

Enjoy the game you 46 sad old muppets. I bet you would hate an RFC win....
...what on earth would you write about around 7pm tomorrow on HobNob.

But hey...a Plymouth win would have to racing for your laptop wouldn't it ?!?

Thank Christ that Hobnob is now read by a very very very small minority of RFC fans.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 15 Aug 2008 22:40

Well said Barney - excellent post.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Aug 2008 22:43

Barney Thank Christ that Hobnob is now read by a very very very small minority of RFC fans.

Do us a favour then, and make it one fewer.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 15 Aug 2008 23:30

Agent Balti Personally, I think Madejski has really bottled it. Please, please, please sell up and hand us over to someone who wants us to merely more than just exist on a budget.

Prospective buyers willing to piss money up the wall to buy success for a club they've never supported must be queuing round the block.

Anyway. Show of hands. Who is thoroughly underwhelmed by the lack of activity in the transfer market? Right, virtually everybody then. Who thinks we seem to be just kind of drifting along without a real purpose? Hmm, must of us then. Who thinks this proves Coppell is clueless and useless and the Madejski is stealing his money which is rightfully ours and we are heading for relegation? Ah, you guys.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 15 Aug 2008 23:34

rg6royal It will be interesting to see what happens in the next week.

If absolutely nothing interests you then sure

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 15 Aug 2008 23:37

Barney ...and on it goes...relentless...boring tedious negative garbage.

One game in to the season, and according to the '46 muppets' (as I now call them)
we are doomed. No future, hang Coppell and Hammond and Madejski

people like a good moan. It's something they often comment on on Radio Berks for their phone-in, that if we do well then they hardly get any calls or texts, but do badly and their switchboard lights up like a christmas tree.

Of the three the one I'd have a go at most if Hammond. If he's responsible for finding players and signing them, and that's the area that letting us down the most, then that's something that needs to be addressed. Few, apart from the exceedingly negative, would dismiss Graeme Murty's claims that signing players is a lot more complicated than people think, but over the last few years it is an area that has let us down badly.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 15 Aug 2008 23:54

Rev Algenon Stickleback H Anyway. Show of hands. Who is thoroughly underwhelmed by the lack of activity in the transfer market? Right, virtually everybody then. Who thinks we seem to be just kind of drifting along without a real purpose? Hmm, must of us then. Who thinks this proves Coppell is clueless and useless and the Madejski is stealing his money which is rightfully ours and we are heading for relegation? Ah, you guys.
Exactly.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H Of the three the one I'd have a go at most if Hammond. If he's responsible for finding players and signing them, and that's the area that letting us down the most, then that's something that needs to be addressed. Few, apart from the exceedingly negative, would dismiss Graeme Murty's claims that signing players is a lot more complicated than people think, but over the last few years it is an area that has let us down badly.
Not with you here. Hammond may co-ordinate the identification process, but Coppell chooses who to pursue, then Hammond supposedly gets it done. The evidence, slim as it is, seems to bear out that it's a case of Coppell not choosing than Hammond failing to get the deals done. My sense is that Hammond and McDermott have been very busy lining up targets and Coppell has been equally busy declining them. Of course, I don't really know but I can't see anything pointing in the direction of Hammond's failure here.

joe999

by joe999 » 16 Aug 2008 00:34

when the fcuk did all the RTGs invade this thread?

I spend good money watching RFC under Coppell and dont get anything back.

Can I stop going? no, not as a passionate football fan.

Something must change, thats the only answer

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 16 Aug 2008 00:47

andrew1957
PEARCEY
rg6royal I don't see why people are complaining about the Club. We have come along way and I'm quite content with where we are tbh. Typical Reading fans having high expectations though.

I think a lot of us are seeing the squad strength going in reverse.
I would have thought the club had made enough money following the recent transfers...to sell Doyle as well is one too many for me and I believe the squad would then be weaker than the start of 2005/06...that is hardly progress. Given the amount of money coming into the club in that three year period including the increase in costs to us as fans its difficult to justify...
As a club we have underperformed for too many years and just when the team appears to be going places complacency as admitted by Coppell takes over. We were promised lessons had been learned but with two weeks of the transfer window left that does not appear to be the case.
I still want Steve Coppell to manage this club and provided there are no more sales of our better players remain optimistic that we will go back up but if Doyle goes as well...I fear a long and difficult season lies ahead of us.

I know i am in a small minority but although our first 11 may not be as strong as 05/06, our strength in depth is considerably greater now.

It's not though! If we signed 100 Sunday League players (not too far wide of the mark with Kebe) that wouldn't make it any stronger, in depth or otherwise. As it is we have about 3 people not in the team who could come in and 'do a job' ( :roll: ) out of dozens, whereas everyone in 05/06 could.

Is this a bit like 'if you look at the teams around us our squad really does look stronger' last year? :|

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 16 Aug 2008 01:12

joe999 when the fcuk did all the RTGs invade this thread?

We're here, we're there
We're fokken everywhere
RTGs, RTGs

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Aug 2008 01:37

Platypuss
Barney Thank Christ that Hobnob is now read by a very very very small minority of RFC fans.

Do us a favour then, and make it one fewer.

Oh, and there was me thinking all views were welcome.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 16 Aug 2008 01:39

Arch
Rev Algenon Stickleback H Anyway. Show of hands. Who is thoroughly underwhelmed by the lack of activity in the transfer market? Right, virtually everybody then. Who thinks we seem to be just kind of drifting along without a real purpose? Hmm, must of us then. Who thinks this proves Coppell is clueless and useless and the Madejski is stealing his money which is rightfully ours and we are heading for relegation? Ah, you guys.
Exactly.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H Of the three the one I'd have a go at most if Hammond. If he's responsible for finding players and signing them, and that's the area that letting us down the most, then that's something that needs to be addressed. Few, apart from the exceedingly negative, would dismiss Graeme Murty's claims that signing players is a lot more complicated than people think, but over the last few years it is an area that has let us down badly.
Not with you here. Hammond may co-ordinate the identification process, but Coppell chooses who to pursue, then Hammond supposedly gets it done. The evidence, slim as it is, seems to bear out that it's a case of Coppell not choosing than Hammond failing to get the deals done. My sense is that Hammond and McDermott have been very busy lining up targets and Coppell has been equally busy declining them. Of course, I don't really know but I can't see anything pointing in the direction of Hammond's failure here.

LOL @ Arch no cancel that …..LOLOL….. Here’s a bloke who started a thread "Arise Sir Nicky Hammond" nice one Arch.... still feel the same? I suggest you finish two bottles of Red wine tonight and hide in your little corner suitability embarrassed

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Aug 2008 01:40

Yorkshire Royal
RR God that's poor. (Incidentally you are one of a collective to whom my comments were directed; if anyone else feels the need to reply I hope they do a better job.)

What a load of noncesense..

Even worse. Grow up.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 16 Aug 2008 01:56

Royal Rother
Yorkshire Royal
RR God that's poor. (Incidentally you are one of a collective to whom my comments were directed; if anyone else feels the need to reply I hope they do a better job.)

What a load of noncesense..

Even worse. Grow up.

Rother it’s about time you Plucked your Nose hair son before addressing the Royal nation.

And on the Grow up theme, can I sing to you......... you fat B@stard you fat B@stard

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Aug 2008 02:11

If it gives you pleasure, be my guest!! :lol:

And anyway, it's just shadow!!

And another anyway, WTF are we doing up at this time of night? Oh yes, I forgot, I'm waiting for the delightful Rebecca Addlington...

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 16 Aug 2008 03:52

Tamworth_Royal
Arch
Exactly.

LOL @ Arch no cancel that …..LOLOL….. Here’s a bloke who started a thread "Arise Sir Nicky Hammond" nice one Arch.... still feel the same? I suggest you finish two bottles of Red wine tonight and hide in your little corner suitability embarrassed

:lol: I don't think that was me, but I'm sure if you trawl through the archives you can find it (if you can't be arsed, ask Platypuss). On the other hand, if you want an easier task, tell me which evidence points more to Hammond than Coppell as the culprit for no signings.

130 posts