Back From The Cardiff Game.

North Somerset Royal

Re: Back From The Cardiff Game.

by North Somerset Royal » 28 Dec 2008 01:23

As usual the longest post comes from Ian Royal and as usual he was not at the game but still feels qualified to argue with those who were. To those of us who regularly attend away games and particularly those at Birmingham and Ninian Park yesterdays performance was a big disappointment . It was hard to believe that this was the same team who outplayed Birmingham 6 days before and the view of most people that I spoke to after the game was that only Federici and Cisse emerged with any credit. Those who left before injury time missed the only part of the game when we showed any real fighting spirit and even those that left on the final whistle missed the most exciting part of the day when the police horses charged the Cardiff scum who were still trying to get to our players and remaining fans when the team came back out for their warm down. Lets hope we do much better tomorrow.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Dec 2008 11:11

royalexile Agree with you Slammed and Rabid. If anyone leaves, they should not stop /start on the steps. Don't obstruct the walkways and stairs leading into the concourse. Religously there is a man in my row who leaves 10 mins before the end. It does become tedious to have to get up and constantly sit down everytime someone wishes to leave.
Rear exits could have been built into the design of the stadium to alleviate the congestion at the top of the stands. Oh and to the impatient munters who insist on pushing past others, creating a potential trip hazzard - fecking stop this. Much love.

On the odd occasions when I have had to leave just before the end, conscious that I am obstructing the view of others, I have tried to get down the stairs and out through the tunnel as quickly as possible. However, I have found it extremely difficult to do, due to others lingering on the steps and in the exits whilst they watch the final moments of the game. The stewards just stand there and watch it happen, making no attempt whatsoever to perform what is an important part of their job i.e. keeping steps, gangways and exits clear/free flowing.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back From The Game.

by Forbury Lion » 28 Dec 2008 11:26

Royal Lady Last 5 minutes excellent - previous 90 - shite.
We're in decline, The Norwich game summary was:

Last 5 minutes excellent - previous 85 - shite.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 28 Dec 2008 13:22

I think most people on here tend to forget that there are TWO teams on the pitch and the other team do actually try and stop us scoring whilst trying their level best to score themselves.

Cardiff did this pretty well in the main and are no mugs.

We didn't play too well, agreed, but it wasn't through lack of effort. The effort was there it just didnt seem to gel today and Cardiff played a large part in that and can certianly feel they were well worthy of their point but possibly not any more than that though.

I thought Kebe was the differnce when he came on, although there was a lot of miscontrol and falling over he was also the main threat and Rosenior actually started to play with more confidence.

Feel a tad sorry for Henry as he will probably end up being dropped today and has proved his worth against Norwich and a few decent runs on Boxing day too.

The same effort should get us 3 points against Southampton as it is unlikely they can be as effective as Cardiff were. Since they beat us I think we have drawn 3 and won 5 and they have drawn 3 ad lost 5.

They played out of there skin at the Madstad and we were poor, that is a freak result compared to form this season and I expect a return to type today and 3 points.

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 28 Dec 2008 13:35

londinium We didn't play too well, agreed, but it wasn't through lack of effort. The effort was there it just didnt seem to gel today and Cardiff played a large part in that and can certianly feel they were well worthy of their point but possibly not any more than that though.

I thought Kebe was the differnce when he came on, although there was a lot of miscontrol and falling over he was also the main threat and Rosenior actually started to play with more confidence.

Maybe these 2 points are related - if Cardiff did a good job of basing their game on how we played against Birmingham they will not have factored Kebe in. They certainly did their best to stop Fed's quick and accurate kicking which Sky highlighted so must have been obvious to them too.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Dec 2008 13:49

North Somerset Royal As usual the longest post comes from Ian Royal and as usual he was not at the game but still feels qualified to argue with those who were. To those of us who regularly attend away games and particularly those at Birmingham and Ninian Park yesterdays performance was a big disappointment . It was hard to believe that this was the same team who outplayed Birmingham 6 days before and the view of most people that I spoke to after the game was that only Federici and Cisse emerged with any credit. Those who left before injury time missed the only part of the game when we showed any real fighting spirit and even those that left on the final whistle missed the most exciting part of the day when the police horses charged the Cardiff scum who were still trying to get to our players and remaining fans when the team came back out for their warm down. Lets hope we do much better tomorrow.

And as usual when I haven't seen a game I speak in general terms only and make sure people are aware I was only listening so they can make their own judgements on what I've said.

There are plenty of people who talk utter drivel despite seeing all or most of the games, it doesn't seem to help their opinions.

I wasn't at the Birmingham game, but I saw it and I really can't say we looked that good, so it doesn't surprise me that we struggled against a good Cardiff side. There are altogether too many people on here who remember 05/06 as it if it should be the norm and who think we have some sort of right to batter teams.

EDIT: Actually, I've re-read my post and there is very very little comment on the game itself, so I have no idea what your problem is. There certainly isn't any arguing in it. Just my thoughts and that it isn't so bad a result. I don't see the problem - please explain.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 28 Dec 2008 23:56

The point is that if you are basing your opinions merely on a radio commentary which itself is full of subjective (and in the case of BBCRB biased) reporting your views are in the nature of hearsay which is inadmissable in court as evidence because it is worthless. Even if you have watched the game on TV you will not have seen the off the ball movement and positioning without which it is impossible to give a value judgement. For example those of us who were at Birmingham and able to compare with other performances such as at Preston could appreciate how much better we were at keeping our shape and thus nullifying the threat of Phillips & Co. That is the reason why the STAR page in Fridays programme describes it as a great performance something you failed to appreciate from your armchair.

Finally whilst you are of course entitled to air your views on any game whether or not you attend I would suggest that comments should be on the match thread rather than "Back from the game" the purpose of which is self evident.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2008 00:44

North Somerset Royal The point is that if you are basing your opinions merely on a radio commentary which itself is full of subjective (and in the case of BBCRB biased) reporting your views are in the nature of hearsay which is inadmissable in court as evidence because it is worthless. Even if you have watched the game on TV you will not have seen the off the ball movement and positioning without which it is impossible to give a value judgement. For example those of us who were at Birmingham and able to compare with other performances such as at Preston could appreciate how much better we were at keeping our shape and thus nullifying the threat of Phillips & Co. That is the reason why the STAR page in Fridays programme describes it as a great performance something you failed to appreciate from your armchair.

Finally whilst you are of course entitled to air your views on any game whether or not you attend I would suggest that comments should be on the match thread rather than "Back from the game" the purpose of which is self evident.

I didn't know HNA was a court. Loads of people put forward their views and join in on various threads without having been to the game.

TV vs at the game: at the game you don't get to see things several times, zoomed in and in slow motion. Of course you are right to a certain extent about off the ball stuff, but plenty are incapable of seeing that whilst at the game, and yyou do get plenty of wide shot angles.

If you don't like me joining in, or don't think I have anything of value to add, don't read my posts or put me on iggy, because I'm not stopping posting my thoughts just coz it gets your nickers in a twist.

You seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder for some reason and need to get over yourself.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 29 Dec 2008 00:49

I didn't know HNA was a court.

Its not. If it were you would have been locked up for contempt long ago.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2008 00:50

North Somerset Royal
I didn't know HNA was a court.

Its not. If it were you would have been locked up for contempt long ago.

LOL

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 29 Dec 2008 00:54

Silence in court please. I do not expect this in my place of work.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 29 Dec 2008 00:55

North Somerset Royal Finally whilst you are of course entitled to air your views on any game whether or not you attend I would suggest that comments should be on the match thread rather than "Back from the game" the purpose of which is self evident.

If people can't respond to observation, what is the point of a discussion board? If you think those comments are ignorant, say so.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2008 00:58

It's a good job I don't get upset by people on HNA and take it seriously in real life. I've been getting a bit of a written kicking lately.

This is cyber bullying! :cry: :cry:

:lol:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Dec 2008 09:10

CMRoyal I'm surprised at some of the low scores. Cardiff are a seriously good side - tough, well-organised, a fair amount of skill and with the all-important cheating Premiership t0sser up front. Plus teams now come to the Mad Stad to stifle and frustrate and hope to nick something. Against all that, and a ref determined to spoil any chance of a decent game, we were slightly off but surely weren't that bad? I'd give everyone a 7 except Henry who is struggling at this level, and N Hunt who I still think needs a bit of a rest; bot get a 6. Long again did well, so I reckon he should get a start against Saints. And Kebe should start, too.

I agree that you have to give the Taff's a bit of credit for the part they played in a pretty poor Reading performance. They are a good side with some excellent individuals for this level and they deserved a point unfortunately.

I don't agree that Henry is struggling at this level though. He didn't have a good game on Boxing day, but he's contributed well to other performances and you just have to accept that he'll have off days at his age, especially when the team as a whole aren't playing well too.

I've been critical of Kebe on here, but as much as he's not my cup of tea we have missed his pace at times over the three games he was missing, and probably even more so against Cardiff as we lacked a bit of guile to break them down and his pace would've created that bit more room for us. His introduction certainly changed things for the better, even if he failed to do anything too constructive himself.

As for the 'trouble.' When that's all a bit of a storm in a tea cup and it shows how far we've come over the last 20 years or so if that level of jesticulating and a small pitch invasion counts as serious crowd violence. I don't think Hunt or Rosenoir covered themselves in any glory with their taunting of the Cardif fans, but fair play to Doobs though, he handled it pretty well all in all.